Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Shriner's Hospital...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrCleveland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Shriner's Hospital...
    Posted: 25 Feb 2016 at 7:44pm
I'm at the library which I may vow to return to when Cleveland wins a Championship...some f**k was arguing at a security guard, but...

I saw this commercial that I can't take-out of my brain...5this Shriner's Hospital commercial with an armless kid...I feel bad for him in a way, but...I think this is the one...

Thank God for kids who love Obscure Things.

Lee Hazelwood (1929-2007)
Sponsored Links

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2016 at 10:35pm
Can't view it.  But I don't need to.  Seen it a million times.

The kids' optimism is impressive...and maybe a little unrealistic.  With their problems, they'll never lead a normal life.  They may even be seen as courageous or exceptional or admirable---but never just normal.  I always feel bad for them.

CaptainErnie View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CaptainErnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2016 at 10:55pm
I like Alec.... he's got spunk! I know it sounds heartless to say this, but the others sort of gross me out. Don't get me wrong, I feel sorry for them and wish them all the best in life, but visually it's a bit like looking at abused animals or starving kids covered in flies. Playing on others' pity ain't gonna cure or solve anything.
Children are just God's little way of punishing us for having sex
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2016 at 11:31pm
"Really!  There's nothing wrong with me.  I'm just like all the other kids!"

"And we're just a coupla normal teenage girl!"

Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2016 at 12:44am
Oh no! *puke*
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
jnoble View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jnoble Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2016 at 7:06pm
At the risk of sounding mean, ENOUGH OF THESE ADS!!!!  I looked up the other day at the TV to a new one with a young girl with a freakish looking tiny right hand like the character Kristen Wiig used to play on SNL. 
Sorry, not trying to sound like a jerk towards these poor kids, but you all know what I mean. I don't need to see them trotted out every fifteen minutes begging for my pity
Adznem View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adznem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Feb 2016 at 11:43pm
Hey, That place is actually a great Children's hospital, How dare you say they're not????????.Disapprove
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Feb 2016 at 11:50pm
Originally posted by jnoble jnoble wrote:

At the risk of sounding mean, ENOUGH OF THESE ADS!!!!  I looked up the other day at the TV to a new one with a young girl with a freakish looking tiny right hand like the character Kristen Wiig used to play on SNL. 

Yeah, I think that's the one that has the armless kid having his mother (also armless) combing his hair using her feet.

I think I'd rather grow dreads than have my mother's feet in my face.

Forward to 43 seconds.

meecepeece View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote meecepeece Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2016 at 7:28pm
I have an issue with the fact that a woman born with no arms, who knew fully well that if she had a child he or she would more than likely have the same disability, still chose to get pregnant and birth a child kniwing he would suffer a lifetime of hardship, just as she had to. She admits her problems were insurmountable as a child. Prosthetic arms she could not deal with, Etc. So why ever have a child and force him to also go through all that pain? Very selfish! I also, feel for the children with odd limbs and who were in terrible accidents, but I personally cannot deal with disfigured folks. It grosses me out and scares me andhas since childhood. Yes it sounds mean. And I have tried hard to change so I no linger feel that way. Missing limbs doesnt gross me out only weird ones. However, I think unless It happened to me or someone I already loved, there is no changeing how I feel, sorry. And I blame the mother for armless boy having to suffer. Not the others parents of course
If you could see the you that I see when I see you seeing me, you'd see yourself so differently, believe me-
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2016 at 7:50pm
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

"And we're just a coupla normal teenage girl!"

OMG!!  LOLLOLLOLLOL
Anduril View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anduril Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2016 at 9:11pm
Originally posted by MrCleveland MrCleveland wrote:

I'm at the library which I may vow to return to when Cleveland wins a Championship...some f**k was arguing at a security guard, but...

I saw this commercial that I can't take-out of my brain...5this Shriner's Hospital commercial with an armless kid...I feel bad for him in a way, but...I think this is the one...

Actually, I think this kid in the wheelchair has excellent communication skills!!
Especially for his age. (Certainly better than most high school and college graduates these days!)

I doubt they could have found a better spokesperson.

Who knows, maybe in a few years, we'll see him again in an "Ironsides" TV Show re-boot.

Or even better, modern medicine will find the cure.
zippyjet View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote zippyjet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2016 at 1:18am
More stuff to make you feel like a turd. Not as bad as the weep fests for St. Jude's. They even have Captain Sully as a spokesman. Not to be cold hearted but, with Isis, scary clowns (Hillary and Trump) and fascist Political Correctness and the Kartrashians. We need these like a bad case of the Hershey Squirts (diarrhea). Throw in those animal abuse commercials and holy sh*t.
I approve this message.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2016 at 8:37pm
Originally posted by Anduril Anduril wrote:

Originally posted by MrCleveland MrCleveland wrote:

Actually, I think this kid in the wheelchair has excellent communication skills!!
Especially for his age. (Certainly better than most high school and college graduates these days!)

I doubt they could have found a better spokesperson.

Who knows, maybe in a few years, we'll see him again in an "Ironsides" TV Show re-boot.

Or even better, modern medicine will find the cure.

He's a cute little kid, in a way.

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2016 at 8:38pm
Originally posted by zippyjet zippyjet wrote:

More stuff to make you feel like a turd. Not as bad as the weep fests for St. Jude's. They even have Captain Sully as a spokesman. Not to be cold hearted but, with Isis, scary clowns (Hillary and Trump) and fascist Political Correctness and the Kartrashians. We need these like a bad case of the Hershey Squirts (diarrhea). Throw in those animal abuse commercials and holy sh*t.

I can't even watch the animal commercials.  I can't reach the remote fast enough.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2016 at 8:59pm

If they could figure out how to get that thing off of him, they could probably make a meal out of it.

Maybe cut it up with some vegetables in a stew.

Yes I know, I'm a horrible person.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2016 at 11:23pm
Barely a snack.  Doesn't look like there's much meat on those bones.

I wonder if that thing has a dick.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2016 at 11:27pm
The legs are skinny, but the rump and that wing-like thing look like there's enough meat there to make a pot of stew out of.

If they could not only cut it off of him, but get him to grow a new one, say once a week, he could keep a small family reasonably well fed.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender

C'mon, man!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2016 at 11:35pm
If not, they'll just have to start cutting his real limbs off for that stew.  Sort of harvest him.  Probably in whatever third world hellhole it is that they live, one arm is good for weeks of good eatin'.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2016 at 12:39am
Sammiches.

C'mon, man!
zippyjet View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zippyjet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2016 at 1:12am
SAME HERE! Recently I was on the bowl (LALing) and one of them came on with cats. I'm owned by a loveable psychotic Tortie cat. Ran out with mants around my ankles. To get to remote and tripped, (my coordination sucks under normal circumstances). Missed crashing into my desk and knocking over my laptop by inches and point of impact would have been my "jewels!"
I approve this message.
zippyjet View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zippyjet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2016 at 1:17am
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

The legs are skinny, but the rump and that wing-like thing look like there's enough meat there to make a pot of stew out of.

If they could not only cut it off of him, but get him to grow a new one, say once a week, he could keep a small family reasonably well fed.

And, I always thought I held the title of sickest puppy! You guys have me laughing my ass off literally! Not to worry, if that cow Hillary gets elected he will be welcomed into the US of A with open arms. However there are gormands that would love to chomp on special needs kiddie body parts. If Donald wins he will be the poster child for whatever tirade he's on at the moment. If the Donald lets him in maybe out of the goodness of his heart he would hook him up with a limber blonde bimbo for many "trips around the world complete with happy endings!"
I approve this message.
Anduril View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anduril Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2016 at 5:10am
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

If they could figure out how to get that thing off of him, they could probably make a meal out of it.
Maybe cut it up with some vegetables in a stew.
Yes I know, I'm a horrible person.
Put 20 posts on the clock....  I'll start.

Now we know where Progressive got the idea for "rate suckers".

Tena-Twist ain't gonna do sh!t for this poor bastard!

Gives "navel gazing" a whole new meaning.

Can he kick himself in the balls?

Which set?

Village Doctor:  "Well dang... It ain't Zika!"

Holy Sh!t.  A tractor!

Lest you think me cruel and heartless, I would point out that I did abstain from suggesting any thigh meat recipes!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2016 at 7:07pm
LOLLOLLOL
Well? I think we can say this thread has taken an ugly turn! LOL
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2016 at 8:16pm
On a lighter note, the kid in the picture had an operation in 2010 and had the thing removed. Aside from a bit of a scar, he looks normal now.

Don't know if his family got to eat the meat, though.

C'mon, man!
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2016 at 8:34pm
Looks like HE did as he appears a little 'fattened up' and energetic.
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic