Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

University of Phoenix-More Than Brains

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote ThatNerdInPhilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: University of Phoenix-More Than Brains
    Posted: 13 Feb 2016 at 1:09am
Oh STFU!  Angry

Sponsored Links

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2016 at 3:44am
I felt like crap before I watched that and now I feel worse...
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2016 at 2:58am
Watching this commercial, unilike this POS, know I have a brain.
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
Joe Minx View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Joe Minx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2016 at 3:09am
Just heard this abomination to humanity during the Grammys & came here to see if it was mentioned. Sure enough, first topic up. LOL

Seriously, this is hideous. It makes my body want to do things I didn't think were possible outside of science fiction horror movies.
ALE515 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ALE515 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2016 at 3:14am
That nasally voice... I can't stand it. It seems to be the thing in music lately and I don't get it.
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2016 at 3:32am

"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
tikibagger View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote tikibagger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2016 at 2:23pm
I mentioned this on Worst Commercial Music and it merits review here...It truly does represent the epitome of the worst of the 'Juno effect'--what happened when ad agencies discovered the fey, waifish 'amateur voice' and toylike music are OH SO COOL to create 'drama'

the effect is like an icepick to the ears EVERY TIME and those creepy looks the 'actors ' give the camera just fuel the annoyance
...YUMMY Broccolini!!....
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2016 at 2:28pm
The fact they revamped and reused a 77-year-old show song was a little cool, although, yea - a little like icepicks in the ears.
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2016 at 6:48pm
My search didn't show the thread, good thing I looked down the list.

I was going to call this the 'earworm of the day', there was some grand music in that classic old movie.
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote tikibagger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2016 at 8:22pm
because heaven forbid 'hipsters' create a lasting milestone of their own..they borrow and REPURPOSE
dman1981 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dman1981 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2016 at 2:27am
You beat me to it. Just awful. The actual message behind the ad is profound, but when paired with this "un"-singer hipster recording this on her MacBook at Starbucks, totally effing annoying.
ThatNerdInPhilly View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote ThatNerdInPhilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2016 at 5:28am
Originally posted by Joe Minx Joe Minx wrote:

Just heard this abomination to humanity during the Grammys & came here to see if it was mentioned. Sure enough, first topic up. LOL

Yeah I saw it during the Grammys also, not sure why I even put myself through that 3 1/2 hour mess.

Little off topic, but speaking of commercials during the Grammys, Gwen Stefani did the first ever live music video during the break..but really it was a 3 min long video for Target. Sure we wont see this "commercial" again, but I'm 99.9% sure there will be a slew of new Target ads with this song polluting our TVs coming very soon.

zippyjet View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zippyjet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2016 at 8:54pm
Originally posted by aka ron aka ron wrote:

My search didn't show the thread, good thing I looked down the list.

I was going to call this the 'earworm of the day', there was some grand music in that classic old movie.

Diploma mill U of Ph rolled out this ode to smelly no talent hipsters. Barf! An earworm and ass drip. It's like getting rammed up the ass with an auger! And it's on every minute at night. They took a classic from a classic movie and polluted it. It's HAZMAT to our 5 senses, unless you happen to be a hipster. I can imagine this so called singer as a skinny waifish cute hipster chick who bathes when the moon is in the 7th. house and Jupiter aligns with Mars. Probably made it up on her IPad while laying a loaf at a Starbucks. Of course she's so into her creative side she bypasses the sink after laying said loaf. Her unwashed hair smells like Crayons melting in the sun (that bed head chick smell), Probably going sockless in her Birkenstocks that reek of cheesy feet. Ironically her feet are probably the foot fetishists dream, high arches where you could taxi a 747 under them. She gets into a banged up Prius with rotting natural foods and juices as she drives off thinking of her next big commercial music sh*t hit! When she earns some serious coin she and her intersexual hipsterette friend who has more hair on her/his legs than an Eqok will go backpacking in Costa Rica for the yellow bellied sap suckling Vietmaese Potbelly piggoat. She can then proclaim: and sing off key to the tune of I'm in the money and not from my rich Park Avenue/Westchester County/Greenwich, Conn parental units. Sort of like the chick in Pomplimoose but hygenically challenged.

I approve this message.
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2016 at 9:35pm
This commercial is a POS!

The original is a classic, and shouldn't be touched!

The Wizard Of Oz is one my top favorite movies. Sad the ad creators had to resort to doing this garbage for a certain crowd. Damn hipsters!
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tikibagger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2016 at 2:41am
I just saw the epic LONGER version of this and..much MUCH worse. Even more affected dramatic squawking...ugh!!
Joe Minx View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joe Minx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2016 at 5:06am
Originally posted by ThatNerdInPhilly ThatNerdInPhilly wrote:

Oh STFU!  Angry

The girl who "sings" (read: catastrophically butchers) the song actually identified herself in the comments section of the video. Predictably she was responded to with heaps of praise & glee by the mindless millennials for having an "amazing voice!" & "such a unique style!"

So not only are hipsters frivolously stupid but also completely tone deaf & incapable of using any adjective other than "amazing" for pretty much everything.
zippyjet View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zippyjet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2016 at 6:30am

Oh STFU!  Angry

The girl who "sings" (read: catastrophically butchers) the song actually identified herself in the comments section of the video. Predictably she was responded to with heaps of praise & glee by the mindless millennials for having an "amazing voice!" & "such a unique style!"

So not only are hipsters frivolously stupid but also completely tone deaf & incapable of using any adjective other than "amazing" for pretty much everything.

I wonder if her girlfriend/SO is the French Canadian chick who bleats "Living the Life of Dreams?' Crapper Apple commercial.
I approve this message.
Hezadancer View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote Hezadancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2016 at 11:32pm
Can adtards please understand that the breathy Charline Yi -esque vocals are not relevant anymore? Stop f**king telling me about needing a brain because anyone with a brain would know better than to take classes from the degree mill of Phoenix. How about we just stop all the AY YO YOU WANT A BETTER PAYING JOB? GET TO COLLEGE! I'm sorry but college is not a one way ticket to mo' money, trust me. The less people we have diluting my degree the better.
It's ok, I'm in marketing!
Anduril View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anduril Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2016 at 12:03am

Oh STFU!  Angry

My brother plays guitar professionally - revolving cruise ship bands, whatever..
And on cruise ships, that usually means the cheapest they can assemble.

His favorite joke is when people come up to him after a set and say "Man, you guys are awesome - best band I ever heard."

To which my brother replies:  "Oh yeah?, how many have you heard?"   Big smile

In short:  There's no accounting for taste.
zippyjet View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zippyjet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2016 at 12:29am
Toward the end of this abortion there's a scene in a library, office or warehouse at night. There's a middle aged distinguished African American gentleman who comes up to a hot brunette chick with a bob hairstyle who's sitting studying or reading or whatever and she puts a shoosh finger up to him. And the hipster bitch singer croaks a degree is a degree. Grating like fingernails scratching blackboard. If that hottie shooshed me, though it would be painful I'd withhold my passionate affections from her for treating me or that distinguished dude in this sh*t commercial like some retarded baby.
I approve this message.
deacon blues View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deacon blues Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2016 at 2:01am
The only thing that's more of a joke than the U. of Phoenix (and their 12% graduation rate) is the city that it's named after.
ALE515 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ALE515 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2016 at 2:10am
So this commercial is pretty much saying that if you don't get hired, it's because the boss or hiring manager don't have a brain. Not that your resume sucked or don't have the experience, no. It's because they are the ones without a brain.
CapeCat View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote CapeCat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2016 at 2:24am
Originally posted by Hezadancer Hezadancer wrote:

Can adtards please understand that the breathy Charline Yi -esque vocals are not relevant anymore? Stop f**king telling me about needing a brain because anyone with a brain would know better than to take classes from the degree mill of Phoenix. How about we just stop all the AY YO YOU WANT A BETTER PAYING JOB? GET TO COLLEGE! I'm sorry but college is not a one way ticket to mo' money, trust me. The less people we have diluting my degree the better.

Not only that, but the attitude of some of the "students" in the ad is so damn off-putting.  OK kids...I get it that you're working AND studying at the same time.  Lots of us did, with no fanfare...and did so without giving the stink-eye to our employers, or  wagging the " F-off, go away" hand to the poor tired security guard  trying to close the library...(don't get me started about the public breast-feeding scene ConfusedConfused).  As a potential employer, I certainly would not appreciate the snark attitude that "you'd hire ME if YOU had a brain".  Add the thoroughly awful, completely gutted and utterly misinterpreted rendition of a classic song, and this ad is already in the running for worst of the year.
CapeCat
zippyjet View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zippyjet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2016 at 2:42am
Originally posted by CapeCat CapeCat wrote:

Originally posted by Hezadancer Hezadancer wrote:

Not only that, but the attitude of some of the "students" in the ad is so damn off-putting.  OK kids...I get it that you're working AND studying at the same time.  Lots of us did, with no fanfare...and did so without giving the stink-eye to our employers, or  wagging the " F-off, go away" hand to the poor tired security guard  trying to close the library...(don't get me started about the public breast-feeding scene ConfusedConfused).  As a potential employer, I certainly would not appreciate the snark attitude that "you'd hire ME if YOU had a brain".  Add the thoroughly awful, completely gutted and utterly misinterpreted rendition of a classic song, and this ad is already in the running for worst of the year.
Couldn't agree with you more. Couldn't have said it better! Interesting how a politically correct and hipster and hip hop turd society is a VERY IMPOLITE SOCIETY? I have to say this country going down the proverbial shi**er started with my generation the narcisissitc baby boomers. All that hippie dippy bull sh*t really kicked off the beginning of the end. And the millenials have taken the reins of mediocrity and awfulness in full on steroids. You may not agree with Donald Trump but at least he's going against this conveyer belt to bad crap conformity. Donald if you are out there join our forums please. To the snarky bitch who's hot but shoos away that security guard or boss, please keep your legs closed and don't bring any baby into this world till you get married and get your toilet paper degree from U of Phx diploma's R Us!
I approve this message.
LiberryGirl View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LiberryGirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2016 at 3:10am
That dumb cluck (without a brain) can't sing and has a snide look that would not make a good impression on the HR department. This gets a "shut up" and an insta-mute from me.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic