Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Miscellaneous :: Off-Topic
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Maurice White dead at 74

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crainbebo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Maurice White dead at 74
    Posted: 04 Feb 2016 at 11:00pm
http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/wireStory/earth-wind-fire-founder-maurice-white-dead-74-36722290

Co-founder of Earth, Wind and Fire, Maurice White has passed at the age of 74. He died at his home in Los Angeles. The group sold more than 90 million albums, with hits such as "September," "Got to Get You Into My Life," and "Shining Star." RIP to yet another music legend.

-crainbebo
Back after a long absence...still hating those commercials. Go away Limu Emu and Doug!
Sponsored Links

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2016 at 11:04pm
Shame.

Back when black music artists were actually artists and produced great music that required real talent.

RIP Maurice.
...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2016 at 4:18am
RIP Maurice - thank you for the great music.

Forgive Jimbo for making fun of me screwing up and starting another thread on your passing.
Maybe don't totally forgive him...maybe haunt him a tiny bit.
Maybe, when he is sleeping, you can make him dream of 'Earth, Wind, and Fire' singing and playing a very, very bad version of 'Me & You and a Dog Named Boo'
Yea. That's the ticket!
Please? Tonight?
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2016 at 4:26am
Originally posted by PaWolf PaWolf wrote:

Maybe, when he is sleeping, you can make him dream of 'Earth, Wind, and Fire' singing and playing a very, very bad version of 'Me & You and a Dog Named Boo'
Yea. That's the ticket!
Please? Tonight?

He couldn't do a bad version.

It would be cool, smooth and funky.

I'd wake up dancing.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender

C'mon, man!
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2016 at 4:42am
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

Originally posted by PaWolf PaWolf wrote:

Yea. That's the ticket!
Please? Tonight?

He couldn't do a bad version.

It would be cool, smooth and funky.

I'd wake up dancing.

Big smile
Indeed.
'Line Dancing', that is!
On 'Soul Train' with a bunch o'peeps waiting their turn...yea, you'd be funky.
Yo!Cool'was dat Don Cornelius hangin' wit' 'Lil Boo Mule'?!Wink
Maybe 'Me & You and a Dog Named Boo''s lyrics could be put to the above music...just imagine! Sleep on the idea, eh?
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2016 at 4:49am

C'mon, man!
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2016 at 4:54am
^^^CryOh no no no no no no no...that just reminded me it's later than I thought and I really need my beauty sleep, so, if'n you'll 'scuse me....Dead
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2016 at 9:20am
That's The Way Of The World, I guess. 

A few others yesterday, too.  Bob Elliott of Bob and Ray and Get A Life, father of Chris.  Katie May, Playboy model, 34, stroke.  Dave Mirra, X-Games, 41, suicide.

RIP to all of them.

msmadz View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
8+ years on CIH

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msmadz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2016 at 12:28pm
RIP Mr. White.

Great memories of singing and dancing to these songs!
The artist formerly known as Madawee

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2016 at 2:08pm
RIP

They made some great music and it reminds me of fun times.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2016 at 9:29am
Not really my kind of music, and it doesn't even bring back memories, but I still recognize that they put out good music.

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2016 at 9:32am

Shame.

Back when black music artists were actually artists and produced great music that required real talent.

RIP Maurice.

I once read a quote (from an anonymous black woman in a comment section of a newspaper), lamenting "We used to have music.  Now we have beats."

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2016 at 10:36pm
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

Not really my kind of music, and it doesn't even bring back memories, but I still recognize that they put out good music. 
ConfusedI could've sworn you had a lil'Blackinese in you...guess not.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2016 at 10:48pm
Well, I'm half Italian, so I probably have a bit of African in my background.

I liked the Philly Soul which preceeded Earth, Wind and Fire.  And it brings back lots of memories---probably due to only having AM radios in the cars I drove in at the time.  By the time EW+F were popular, I'd forsaken AM radio entirely, and only listened to the white FM stations.

That's just how I rolled.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2016 at 11:42pm
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

Shame.

RIP Maurice.

I once read a quote (from an anonymous black woman in a comment section of a newspaper), lamenting "We used to have music.  Now we have beats."

Yeah, I saw that same comment somewhere.

C'mon, man!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic