Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Acorn Stair Lift Old People gizmo Just Don't Fall
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Acorn Stair Lift Old People gizmo Just Don't Fall

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zippyjet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Acorn Stair Lift Old People gizmo Just Don't Fall
    Posted: 29 Jan 2016 at 12:40am

Sage earth shattering advice: Hey old fogies, just don't fall! Wow who knew? There are two adds shilling this handy dandy old codger stair dodger (riding car seat). It's on Decades, Me TV at least 20 times a night. I don't hate these commercials they are just so hackneyed and overplayed. Almost hysterical. The one that plays the most features Jurassic very senior couple with thick New York (Brooklyn Accents). They look like Mr. and Mrs. Carmin and Carmine Senileatelli. "Cost was a facta." That's what Carmin Guido says so his red head bovine wife can ride it up and down. She bleats "Oi Feel impewarnt!" I wonder if they do the nasty while in motion up and down. Then there's the smiling African American woman with hippo legs and cankles with a sort of smug out of it look as she rides and glides up the rail. The other commercial features an old homespun guy proclaiming "And now I'm King of my Castle." Or something like that.
I approve this message.
Sponsored Links

MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2016 at 5:44am
For a fistful of $$$ you can get the personal safety upgrade (a seat belt) to prevent falls.

For a few $$$ more, you can get the built-in toilet option, just in case you don't get to the upstairs bathroom in time (because the chair moves sooo slooow...)

The good, the bad, and the ugly is that while the chair works, they haven't done much beyond including a warning label about excessive vibration if running the seat vibrator while the toilet option is in use... 

LOL
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2016 at 6:37am
*I* think the chances of a successful fatal complex compound injuries are greatly improved if the chair is located anywhere closer to the bottom of the stairs, before you fall down them, soon after waking up. Probably even more so, if you are right-handed.
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
zippyjet View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zippyjet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2016 at 7:02am

Here's the one with the New York accented old couple.

And this last video is a funny parody.
I approve this message.
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2016 at 7:31pm
We only have one or two steps to get into the aka ranch.
 I can build my own ramps if it's necessary.
Esquirej View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Esquirej Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2016 at 2:42pm
"Just don't fall" is easier said than done.  I am suddenly remembering why I don't frequent this forum very often.
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2016 at 5:50pm
^Spoilsport.Ouch
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2016 at 6:37pm
Originally posted by Esquirej Esquirej wrote:

"Just don't fall" is easier said than done.  I am suddenly remembering why I don't frequent this forum very often.
LOL
Originally posted by PaWolf PaWolf wrote:

^Spoilsport.Ouch

Freaking A, PaW. Who did I piss off today? Wink

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2016 at 7:23pm
^Prolly someone familiar with alternate methods of coming down the stairs, which is a subject I believe I know about as much of as I want to ever understand.
No 'ghost acorn stairlift' available.
zippyjet View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zippyjet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2016 at 12:46am

Help! I've fallen and I can't get up!

I bet these commercials are must see TV in Fr. Myers, and West Palm Beach, Florida. That old couple with the thick New York accents are probably household celebrities. The 90 year old Kardashians.
I approve this message.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2016 at 12:53am

Blame the Acorn Stairlift people, not the forum.  Those are their words.

Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2016 at 1:18am
Originally posted by zippyjet zippyjet wrote:

Help! I've fallen and I can't get up!
[COLOR=#993300][/COLOR] 
I bet these commercials are must see TV in Fr. Myers, and West Palm Beach, Florida. That old couple with the thick New York accents are probably household celebrities. The 90 year old Kardashians.

Too funny!
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
tikibagger View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tikibagger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2016 at 5:43am
and its SO affordable..I can STILL afford a case of Alpo after installing it!!
this and the plethora of too many heinous medication ads point towards aging as a
NO-WIN situation
...YUMMY Broccolini!!....
shEEEsh View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shEEEsh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2016 at 2:33pm
That looks great. I am going to get one as Soon as I can afford to add a second floor.
eBay schmeBay
www.omigosh.com
MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2016 at 5:38am
Be sure to order the crane attachment that lowers a claw (like in those stuffed animal machines) to pick you up from the floor.  Might take a few tries, though...  LOL
i8acannibal View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote i8acannibal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2016 at 7:31am
LOL Aye, but make sure that they don't forget the quarter slide.... Or maybe nickels..Wink
Say something clever here...

No, I'm too lazy. Imagine it yourself.
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2016 at 10:00pm
I want an Acorn Stairlift for a 1-story house - make it like an indoor roller-coaster (doesn't go high enough to ram one's head into ceiling, nor low enough to drag one's feet) that goes around the house with a special 'potty drop spot' and an emergency 'speed up' button to get there.. 
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2016 at 2:41pm
Originally posted by PaWolf PaWolf wrote:

I want an Acorn Stairlift for a 1-story house - make it like an indoor roller-coaster (doesn't go high enough to ram one's head into ceiling, nor low enough to drag one's feet) that goes around the house with a special 'potty drop spot' and an emergency 'speed up' button to get there.. 

LOL!
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2016 at 4:25pm
^^^If my wish had been granted, I'd be pushing the red 'speed-up' button now, so the dog will have to forgive me if I accidentally drop a doodle on her as I race for the toilet...
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic