Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television Related Rants
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Big Showdown: Jim Peck's misstep

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
videotapeguy View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote videotapeguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The Big Showdown: Jim Peck's misstep
    Posted: 21 May 2016 at 3:48am
No. It was because storing two-inch videotapes was costly.
Back after three years away from here.
Sponsored Links

Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2016 at 1:40am
Originally posted by videotapeguy videotapeguy wrote:

Yeah! I like this show, although it was behind my time, I still know a lot about it.

Only the pilot episode and the "fall-down" episode exist, along with another bonus round clip. What a shame! This game should have gotten a second chance. (Game show fans will get the reference, as Jim Peck later hosted a game show galled Second Chance. It, too, was destroyed with only two episodes on video and one audio episode and an audio clip remaining.)

That is a damn shame who was the idiots who were In charge of preserving the archives of this game show? Was it because it was controversial?
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
videotapeguy View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote videotapeguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2016 at 2:45am
Yeah! I like this show, although it was behind my time, I still know a lot about it.

Only the pilot episode and the "fall-down" episode exist, along with another bonus round clip. What a shame! This game should have gotten a second chance. (Game show fans will get the reference, as Jim Peck later hosted a game show galled Second Chance. It, too, was destroyed with only two episodes on video and one audio episode and an audio clip remaining.)
Back after three years away from here.
bmasters9 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bmasters9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2016 at 10:23pm
Remember this episode of The Big Showdown from March 1975 when Jim Peck fell down on that one step while coming in on that staircase? He had an incredible line out of that: "Sure: you people would applaud a lynching!"

Outside of that, the game was, IMO, a very intriguing, involving and strategic game, in that, for one thing, blocks (you had to hit payoff points exactly, so if a certain category would put you over you were blocked off a question) could be strategically used to close up a deficit. 

See it for yourself here:
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic