Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television Related Rants
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Shows You Would Like To Go Away In 2016

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Ad Exec
Ad Exec
Formerly Codtaro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Papa Lazarou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2015 at 7:46pm
Just have someone wear his skin.
Banana!
BANANA!!
BANANA!!!
BANANA!!
Banana!
Sponsored Links

i8acannibal View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote i8acannibal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2016 at 9:54am
Anything on the Discovery channel. It's all just reality tv now. I don't mind the survival shows, but do they need so many? And the Alaska shows. There have to be at least 10 on now. Same with the "gold" hunting shows. Why so many? I used to like the Discovery channel back in the day. What happened? Now I might find one show to watch over a two week period. I don't know. 
Say something clever here...

No, I'm too lazy. Imagine it yourself.
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2016 at 10:02am
^Agreed, with Mythbusters going off the air, I see it as a pointless exercise to watch Discovery anymore!
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
i8acannibal View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote i8acannibal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2016 at 10:33am
Ha! Mythbusters is the only show that I actually watched on Discovery channel. It is on this Saturday at 8pm Est. That seems to be the only time for a while (at least two weeks). What a shame. I wish I got the Science channel. They've been having a Mythbusters marathon for the last week up until January 4th. The whole series, I think. 
Say something clever here...

No, I'm too lazy. Imagine it yourself.
crainbebo View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crainbebo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2016 at 3:26am
Star Search was fun. Ed McMahon mixed with a bunch of GOOD music, and a bunch of celebrities came out of that show. Rosie O'Donnell, the country band Sawyer Brown, Beyonce, Linda Eder, etc.
American Idol was practically like Star Search, and a few big stars came out of that show as well. But The Voice and all of these other shows are too much reality TV for me...
Back after a long absence...still hating those commercials. Go away Limu Emu and Doug!
churvan View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote churvan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2016 at 5:09am
Originally posted by crainbebo crainbebo wrote:

Survivor
The Bachelor
The Bachelorette
The Amazing Race - The teams are always yelling at each other...
Jerry Springer
Maury
Steve Wilkos (the last three are cleared until the 17-18 season, ugh!)
FABLife (Don't like that one either.)
The Voice - Ripoff of American Idol.
The Biggest Loser
Most of the Alaska shows
My 600-Lb Life
Wendy Williams
Hell's Kitchen
Naked & Afraid - Two people dressed nude trying to survive in the wild. Disgusting. Bear Grylls and Man vs. Wild was interesting. These two were NOT.
Keeping up with the Kar"trash"ians
Real Housewives of (Insert Here), USA - I'm sure if someone created an idea for a Real Housewives of Wichita, or a Real Housewives of Billings, Bravo would jump on it.
The People's Couch (also Bravo...people's reactions to stupid reality shows)

So glad American Idol is DONE!! It jumped the shark too many years ago, after Simon & Paula left. Then Randy left and it was the final nail in the coffin. The last couple of winners made it NOWHERE after the initial finale, while Kelly Clarkson and Carrie Underwood have created major success in the pop and country genres.

I'm amazed that Jerry Springer and Maury are still on the air after all these years. Confused  I even remember back in the early 90s when Maury's show actually could be taken with at least a modicum of seriousness.  I can imagine the simultaneous grand finale of Jerry, Maury, Steve Wilkos, and Wendy Wiliams live in a wrestling ring, trash talking and going at it no holds barred!

Krapthrashians --  They would be most useful if instead of airing this tripe in the US and many other countries, just air non-stop Krapthrashians as a form of psychological torture to North Korea and ISIS.  That would be their greatest contribution to humanity.

Real Housewives -- I'm surprised they haven't come up with a "Real Mistresses Of..." series.  Unfortunately, Bravo would have a field day with it exploiting that televised sewage.

Bravo TV --- They're among the worst offenders when it comes to reality tv crap.  I can't stand that snarky voiceover in their promos  "Watch What Happens" AngryAngry
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2016 at 9:59am
I can't think of any American Idol winners that I've liked.  They might even be good as singers, but whenever I've heard them, they always seem like they're just imitating good singers.  Plus, good singing has never been a criteria for whether or not I like an artist.  None of these "Idols" can hold a candle to less-than-stellar singers like Bob Dylan, Lou Reed, Patti Smith, Johnny Cash, etc.  In pop music, talent can't always be measured in octaves.

Calvin View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Calvin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2016 at 12:13pm
Kelly Clarkson, Jennifer Hudson, Carrie Underwood, Melinda Doolittle(Who definitely should have won her season, only lost because Jordin Sparks was more marketable) are good singers.
Snesgamer View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snesgamer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2016 at 5:24pm
I'll get sh*t for these - The Walking Dead and Game of Thrones?

Why? Because I'm not remotely interested in them and they end up crashing Internet forums every goddamn time they have a season finale. Yeah - a selfish reason probably - so be it!
DKS View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote DKS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2016 at 10:32pm
There's a lot of sh*t I don't watch, but I don't begrudge most of it, beyond the reality show based around rich assholes. Anything relating to the Kardashians, Crisley Knows Best, Real Housewives of Whereever, etc.
"I see the sadness in their eyes
Melancholy in their cries
Devoid of all the passion
The human spirit cannot die"
crainbebo View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote crainbebo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2016 at 9:03pm
When Maury's contract expires at the end of the 2017-2018 season, he will be *79* years old! Jerry Springer will be around 73. I couldn't imagine anyone doing a trash talk show at that age. Seems very creepy to me. An old 79-year-old man opening up a DNA Diagnostics Center envelope with the results of a paternity test...and we all know why America is so dumbed down in 2016.
In the early-mid 1990s, Maury's talk show was "normal". There was a different topic every day, some were serious and some were more lighter in nature. Guests would come on and talk, he would take audience questions, and all in all it was just like the 15 other talk shows on the air at the time (Oprah, Geraldo, Montel, Sally Jessy Raphael, etc.)
As soon as Jerry Springer started showing fights, other people had to have their own trash talk show. When he started in 1993, it was also a mix of serious and light topics...and that lasted only a couple years until the fights and KKK and stripper stuff started ruining the show.

BTW, Andy Cohen should have stayed at CBS News. He managed 48 Hours and The Early Show (now CBS This Morning) for many years. Then he went to Bravo and screwed the network up. They used to have lots of fine arts and documentary programming, as well as foreign films...with very few or no commercials.
Back after a long absence...still hating those commercials. Go away Limu Emu and Doug!
70s80s View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 70s80s Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2016 at 4:43pm
Originally posted by Calvin Calvin wrote:

Kelly Clarkson, Jennifer Hudson, Carrie Underwood, Melinda Doolittle(Who definitely should have won her season, only lost because Jordin Sparks was more marketable) are good singers.

And Fantasia--she's got a great set of pipes on her! Big smile

"Cottage cheese is not a 'feminine product'!"
70s80s View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 70s80s Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2016 at 4:47pm
Saturday Night Live, for the following reasons:

1.  Hasn't been funny since the 1990s (IMO).

2.  Too much of the same recycled watered-down dirty jokes and bleeping seen on every other comedy nowadays.

3.  Refusal to show or put on DVD episodes from the 80s and 90s--rights and royalties and other excu$e$!

"Cottage cheese is not a 'feminine product'!"
churvan View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote churvan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2016 at 5:03pm
Originally posted by crainbebo crainbebo wrote:

When Maury's contract expires at the end of the 2017-2018 season, he will be *79* years old! Jerry Springer will be around 73. I couldn't imagine anyone doing a trash talk show at that age. Seems very creepy to me. An old 79-year-old man opening up a DNA Diagnostics Center envelope with the results of a paternity test...and we all know why America is so dumbed down in 2016.
In the early-mid 1990s, Maury's talk show was "normal". There was a different topic every day, some were serious and some were more lighter in nature. Guests would come on and talk, he would take audience questions, and all in all it was just like the 15 other talk shows on the air at the time (Oprah, Geraldo, Montel, Sally Jessy Raphael, etc.)
As soon as Jerry Springer started showing fights, other people had to have their own trash talk show. When he started in 1993, it was also a mix of serious and light topics...and that lasted only a couple years until the fights and KKK and stripper stuff started ruining the show.

BTW, Andy Cohen should have stayed at CBS News. He managed 48 Hours and The Early Show (now CBS This Morning) for many years. Then he went to Bravo and screwed the network up. They used to have lots of fine arts and documentary programming, as well as foreign films...with very few or no commercials.

I can see it now....when Maury passes away, they're going to have the 2-hour grand finale with his casket in the middle of the podium titled "I had Maury Povich's baby and now I am entitled to his estate!!!" 101 women going at it with Dr. Jack Trimarco from Dr. Phil delivering the paternity test results.

churvan View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote churvan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2016 at 5:11pm
Originally posted by 70s80s 70s80s wrote:

Saturday Night Live, for the following reasons:

1.  Hasn't been funny since the 1990s (IMO).

2.  Too much of the same recycled watered-down dirty jokes and bleeping seen on every other comedy nowadays.

3.  Refusal to show or put on DVD episodes from the 80s and 90s--rights and royalties and other excu$e$!

I can't stand how the media hypes the "comedians" of the moment that work at Saturday Night Live as well as their recent alumni no matter how atrocious they are (Exhibit A:  Will Ferrell/Exhibit B:  Tina Fey).
Papa Lazarou View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec
Formerly Codtaro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Papa Lazarou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2016 at 9:02pm
The only good things Tina Fey has done are Mean Girls and her Sarah Palin mockery (which is hardly a stretch of comedic talent...the damned woman does it on her own every time a camera is nearby)
Banana!
BANANA!!
BANANA!!!
BANANA!!
Banana!
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2016 at 10:19pm
She was good in 30 Rock, a great show which she was the creator of, BTW.

No small feat there.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
sb71 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sb71 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2016 at 5:32am
I would have to agree on the Walking Dead. At least the sexy vampire trend is starting to finally lose steam. I don't see anything remotely entertaining about fictional monsters.
Papa Lazarou View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec
Formerly Codtaro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Papa Lazarou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2016 at 6:14am
I forget about 30 rock. It's not on any of the channels my current dish package contains.

I liked it, but Alec Baldwin stole every scene.
Banana!
BANANA!!
BANANA!!!
BANANA!!
Banana!
DKS View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DKS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2016 at 2:49pm
Originally posted by sb71 sb71 wrote:

I don't see anything remotely entertaining about fictional monsters.

And I don't see how anyone could NOT see anything remotely entertaining about fictional monsters.

Although I can totally see how someone doesn't find The Walking Dead entertaining, the first season started out okay but never really picked up steam, and the second season bored me immensely. Supposedly it improved in the 3rd season, but at that point I just couldn't work up the motivation to keep going.
Kelly H View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kelly H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2016 at 5:11pm
l
Kelly H View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Kelly H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2016 at 5:11pm
I would like to see AGENT CARTER - Gone! Waste of space. Please take Quantico and Shades of Blue with you. I'm sick and tired of all the top female cop shows, I highly doubt a tiny 100lb police officer can kick the crap out of a bunch of 200lb bad guys (even if she knew martial arts). In fact I used to be a top powerlifter with a 275lbs squat and a 303lbs deadlift, and as strong as I am physically, I highly doubt I could take down a huge rage-filled bad guy, let alone three or four all at once.
DKS View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DKS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2016 at 5:50pm
Originally posted by Kelly H Kelly H wrote:

I would like to see AGENT CARTER - Gone! Waste of space. Please take Quantico and Shades of Blue with you. I'm sick and tired of all the top female cop shows, I highly doubt a tiny 100lb police officer can kick the crap out of a bunch of 200lb bad guys (even if she knew martial arts). In fact I used to be a top powerlifter with a 275lbs squat and a 303lbs deadlift, and as strong as I am physically, I highly doubt I could take down a huge rage-filled bad guy, let alone three or four all at once.

I've never watched it, but Agent Carter is, AFAIK, basically a spy show? To the best of my knowledge she's not taking down big enraged roid freaks and meth heads or nothing. Lord knows there's plenty of real life female CIA agents/spies who have taken down plenty of people. And Shades of Blue doesn't even remotely show anything like that, so...is this all about Quantico or something? I don't know jack sh*t about that one.
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2016 at 6:23pm
Originally posted by Kelly H Kelly H wrote:

I agree with you to a point.
Strength is important and size does matter but a well placed kick to the crotch or a punch to the solar plexus will take almost any man down.
I am far from large and I used to be in pretty good shape.
I have embarrassed some pretty big guys who thought I was an easy out.
zippyjet View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zippyjet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2016 at 10:53pm
Originally posted by churvan churvan wrote:

Dancing With The Stars --  One of my "insta-leave" programs every time it comes up.  Long in the tooth.  What's with these dance show audiences shrieking every time a dance routine comes up like teenyboppers in a 1964 BeatleMania concert.

The Doctors -- More shrieking (can't believe they're THAT excited to see a doctor on tv). Just like "Dancing With The Stars", it jumps on the celebrity obession bandwagon in any shape of form possible.  Travis Stork needs some remedial speech lessons asap.

Keeping Up with the Krapdashians (err Kardashians) -- Enough Said!

Extra Extra (with puke-demigod Mario Lopez), TMZ, & the grandaddy of gossip crap "Entertainment Tonight"

Billy On The Street (Tru Tv) -- Who did he sleep with to have his show which is utterly pointless and annoying....Now "Billy On The Streets Of Isis" would make things much more interesting!

Yesterday, there were two promos I saw for a "rap game" reality show with Jermaine Dupri (the leperchaun of rap) and another one for mentally disabled individuals looking to enter the dating game.  Cry
DWTS The eye candy is hot, especially the chick dancers/instructors. I wouldn't mind if I had Krina Smirnoff's buff toned atheltic sweaty dancer calves rapped around my neck. What a way to go! And the younger female contestants that are already buff! Like Kelly Monaco, Lisa Rinna, MEryl Davis to name a few.

Now for shows to go ba bye:
The Kartrashians
Survivor: Takes itself too seriously for a vapid banal game. Especially when Probst makes a big deal out of challanges and those stupid tribe names.
All the Judge shows, Judge loudmouth Judy, and the rest... Loser TV to the max. And of course Maury Povich's who be yo daddy crapfest.

For a new show, the overhyped, retarded vapid CBS Rush Hour. Hated all the endless promos. Looks stupid and panders to your challanged third grader.
I approve this message.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic