Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television Related Rants
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Shows You Would Like To Go Away In 2016

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote churvan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Shows You Would Like To Go Away In 2016
    Posted: 29 Dec 2015 at 7:03pm
Dancing With The Stars --  One of my "insta-leave" programs every time it comes up.  Long in the tooth.  What's with these dance show audiences shrieking every time a dance routine comes up like teenyboppers in a 1964 BeatleMania concert.

The Doctors -- More shrieking (can't believe they're THAT excited to see a doctor on tv). Just like "Dancing With The Stars", it jumps on the celebrity obession bandwagon in any shape of form possible.  Travis Stork needs some remedial speech lessons asap.

Keeping Up with the Krapdashians (err Kardashians) -- Enough Said!

Extra Extra (with puke-demigod Mario Lopez), TMZ, & the grandaddy of gossip crap "Entertainment Tonight"

Billy On The Street (Tru Tv) -- Who did he sleep with to have his show which is utterly pointless and annoying....Now "Billy On The Streets Of Isis" would make things much more interesting!

Yesterday, there were two promos I saw for a "rap game" reality show with Jermaine Dupri (the leperchaun of rap) and another one for mentally disabled individuals looking to enter the dating game.  Cry
Sponsored Links

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2015 at 7:15pm
Do you shop at Publix, Churvan?  Tongue
At least 'American Idol' is in it's last season.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2015 at 7:35pm
I don't really want any of them to go away.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2015 at 7:40pm
I'd like to see most of the network crap go away, but instead, I just don't watch any of it.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
churvan View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote churvan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2015 at 9:46pm
I shop at Publix every now and then.  Even though they are on the pricier side of the supermarket spectrum, they do carry certain items (such as certain sauces) that I am not able to get at other grocers.  Plus they usually carry good prices on expresso coffee and their deli foods (subs, fried chicken) are better than in many fast food places.

With the end of American Idol, there is a glimmer of light at the end of the tunnel BeerBig smile
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2015 at 10:17pm
Originally posted by churvan churvan wrote:

I shop at Publix every now and then.  Even though they are on the pricier side of the supermarket spectrum, they do carry certain items (such as certain sauces) that I am not able to get at other grocers.  Plus they usually carry good prices on expresso coffee and their deli foods (subs, fried chicken) are better than in many fast food places.

With the end of American Idol, there is a glimmer of light at the end of the tunnel BeerBig smile

Public has some decent sale prices, but like you said, some of their deli stuff is better than you can get at any other grocery store OR fast food place.

Plus, it is just a very pleasant place to shop. Always clean and the employees are always very friendly and polite.

Re: the crappy TV future... they'll find some even more nauseating slop to replace AI with.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender

C'mon, man!
Darthhillbilly View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Darthhillbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2015 at 10:22pm
Fuller House. That sh*t needs to be stopped before it even starts. You don't fish a turd out of the toilet and throw it on a plate with a few beans and try to pass it off as a fresh meatloaf.
"It's never too late to choose life...instead of the internet. Just drop the mouse." - Darwin Watterson
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2015 at 10:30pm
Originally posted by Darthhillbilly Darthhillbilly wrote:

You don't fish a turd out of the toilet and throw it on a plate with a few beans and try to pass it off as a fresh meatloaf.

Voice of experience talking....?

A lesson learned the hard way, maybe?

C'mon, man!
Darthhillbilly View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darthhillbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2015 at 11:03pm
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

Originally posted by Darthhillbilly Darthhillbilly wrote:

You don't fish a turd out of the toilet and throw it on a plate with a few beans and try to pass it off as a fresh meatloaf.

Voice of experience talking....?

A lesson learned the hard way, maybe?

Yes, I'm certain I've experienced this turd before. Wink
"It's never too late to choose life...instead of the internet. Just drop the mouse." - Darwin Watterson
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2015 at 12:20am
When a friend of mine was a little kid, his older brother did just that.  Well, something similar.  He put some turds on bread, and told my friend it was a meatloaf sandwich.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2015 at 12:39am
A friend of mine got pissed at his older brother bugging him for a milkshake, so he put canned dog food in a blender with some milk and served it to him.

Might have been funny if not for the fact that his older brother was blind since birth.

C'mon, man!
Papa Lazarou View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec
Formerly Codtaro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Papa Lazarou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2015 at 1:01am
Downton Abbey, thank you kindly, very much, as it were, with regards. Gone on WAY past its due, and the antics in the last series (not sure if it's aired stateside yet or not, so I'll refrain...suffice it to say, something grotesque happened that was BIG enough to warrant mention on Channel 4's "Big Fat Quiz of the Year") were a bit much and formulaic.

Mrs. Brown's Boys...it's utter wank, and that's from someone who admittedly enjoys quite a bit of wank.

America-side, can we get rid of any reality TV star who's been proven to be a fake (Theresa Caputo, here's to you, bitch.) and possibly make a rule of ONE genre show per network? I think we've all wearied of Travel Channel being the "fat men stuff their faces with weird gigantic meals while hunting for ghosts.
Banana!
BANANA!!
BANANA!!!
BANANA!!
Banana!
i8acannibal View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote i8acannibal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2015 at 8:13am

A friend of mine got pissed at his older brother bugging him for a milkshake, so he put canned dog food in a blender with some milk and served it to him.

Might have been funny if not for the fact that his older brother was blind since birth.

Did he not have a sense of smell? Confused
Say something clever here...

No, I'm too lazy. Imagine it yourself.
i8acannibal View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote i8acannibal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2015 at 8:26am
All "reality" tv should be canceled. The Kartrashians, the "real" housewives, the 20+ Alaska shows, the redneck shows... Christ,  there's just too many. Now we're going to get rapping children... yay... 
Say something clever here...

No, I'm too lazy. Imagine it yourself.
churvan View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote churvan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2015 at 11:17am

Public has some decent sale prices, but like you said, some of their deli stuff is better than you can get at any other grocery store OR fast food place.

Plus, it is just a very pleasant place to shop. Always clean and the employees are always very friendly and polite.

[/QUOTE]

Definitely shopping at Publix is a 360 degree difference from the ruckus at Walmart, especially on weekends.  Sometimes I'll even go to Publix or another store other than Walmart just to avoid the Walmart stress.

Re: the crappy TV future... they'll find some even more nauseating slop to replace AI with.

Now that you mentioned it, it wouldn't be hard for them to prop up another craptacular show.  I can imagine they could do an updated, revamped version of "Star Search" with the obnoxious, conceited Nigel Lythgoe and the former laughing hyena host from "So You Think You Can Dance".  SickSick
regulus View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote regulus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2015 at 2:10pm
Originally posted by churvan churvan wrote:

Every now and then you'll find something that's cheaper at Publix than it is at "Uncle Wally's" (That's Wal-Mart for those of you in Rio Linda!) such as selling Rib Roasts at 7.00 a pound this past Christmas week. Thumbs Up
Poiuyt Power!!!
msmadz View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
8+ years on CIH

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msmadz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2015 at 2:18pm
Fab Life - Good God, I left the TV on and heard a bunch of screeching idiots that damn near made my ears bleed. A bunch of bimbettes with absolutely nothing worthwhile coming out of their glossy pie holes.
The artist formerly known as Madawee

churvan View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote churvan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2015 at 4:04pm
I wouldn't mind "Shark Tank" jumping into a tank of alligators for the grand finale.
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2015 at 6:21pm
Originally posted by msmadz msmadz wrote:

Fab Life - Good God, I left the TV on and heard a bunch of screeching idiots that damn near made my ears bleed. A bunch of bimbettes with absolutely nothing worthwhile coming out of their glossy pie holes.

"...glossy pie holes."

C'mon, man!
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2015 at 6:27pm
Originally posted by i8acannibal i8acannibal wrote:

Did he not have a sense of smell? Confused

I'm sure he did, but I guess my friend didn't put in a whole can or maybe he put a lid on the glass and stuck a straw in it. I don't know, because it happened many years before I was acquainted with either of them and heard the story second hand.

C'mon, man!
crainbebo View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crainbebo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2015 at 7:24pm
Survivor
The Bachelor
The Bachelorette
The Amazing Race - The teams are always yelling at each other...
Jerry Springer
Maury
Steve Wilkos (the last three are cleared until the 17-18 season, ugh!)
FABLife (Don't like that one either.)
The Voice - Ripoff of American Idol.
The Biggest Loser
Most of the Alaska shows
My 600-Lb Life
Wendy Williams
Hell's Kitchen
Naked & Afraid - Two people dressed nude trying to survive in the wild. Disgusting. Bear Grylls and Man vs. Wild was interesting. These two were NOT.
Keeping up with the Kar"trash"ians
Real Housewives of (Insert Here), USA - I'm sure if someone created an idea for a Real Housewives of Wichita, or a Real Housewives of Billings, Bravo would jump on it.
The People's Couch (also Bravo...people's reactions to stupid reality shows)

So glad American Idol is DONE!! It jumped the shark too many years ago, after Simon & Paula left. Then Randy left and it was the final nail in the coffin. The last couple of winners made it NOWHERE after the initial finale, while Kelly Clarkson and Carrie Underwood have created major success in the pop and country genres.
Back after a long absence...still hating those commercials. Go away Limu Emu and Doug!
Ad Exec
Ad Exec
Formerly Codtaro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Papa Lazarou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2015 at 5:57am
Originally posted by crainbebo crainbebo wrote:

Survivor
The Voice - Ripoff of American Idol.

Well, if you really want to go backwards, Both shows are rip-offs of Star Search, and I'm sure shows like it existed even further back. :P

Regarding Survivor, it's annoying tosh, certainly, but there is a variant I'd like to see: Something akin to "I'm a Celebrity, Get Me Out of Here". Same basic concept, but with actual celebs.

In fact...on that note, I think this is the one thing American entertainment has missed since the golden era...there's no feeling of connection. We have all these celebs, but they all exist in a vacuum.

We have no panel shows. Panel shows are a staple in UK television, and wonderful. Quiz shows like QI, 8 out of 10 cats does Countdown, Would I Lie to You, Did I say that, etc. Where actual famous people in various facets of the entertainment world.

Discussion shows about current events like Mock the Week, Have I Got Even More News For you, 8 Out of 10 Cats, etc. It's sensible discussion, fun, lighthearted and fosters a sense of connection. I've started watching some really great shows, simply because I "got to know" an actor in them from appearing on so many of these shows.
Banana!
BANANA!!
BANANA!!!
BANANA!!
Banana!
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2015 at 7:47am
I'd like to see a show called "Abduct A Celebrity Then Hold Them Captive In A Filthy Dungeon As Your Sex Slave And Torture Them For A Month".

I think I could watch something like that.

C'mon, man!
Ad Exec
Ad Exec
Formerly Codtaro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Papa Lazarou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2015 at 9:36am
With your host, Ariel Castro!
Banana!
BANANA!!
BANANA!!!
BANANA!!
Banana!
churvan View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote churvan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2015 at 7:26pm
With Ariel dead, they may have to hologram him for the show.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic