Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

MYf*ckingPILLOW!!!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote sharonite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: MYf*ckingPILLOW!!!!
    Posted: 20 Dec 2015 at 2:45am
Please take your pilloooooooow and go back to Minnesoooooooota.  If it were really that good, you'd sell it in stores.

Sponsored Links

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2015 at 2:50am

A friend of mine says they're great.

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2015 at 3:26am
I see it is back once again.

And - well, as Thor says - they ARE great. I found one here at The Estate In The Swamp and I use it every night (in other words, it ain't goin' back to MooseyLand (Minnesota).

Direct Link To This Post<<<---Sarge's original thread from 3 1/2 years backLOL
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Anduril View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Anduril Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2015 at 5:30am
I just reviewed the patent for this pillow.
(I know, it's late and I can't sleep...)   How ironic, huh?

The US Patent is: 7,461,424
Link: 

The literal claim to fame is this pillow uses polyurethane foam pieces of different sizes, according to a specific forumula.  (So many pieces of this size, so many of some other size, etc...)
I am not making this up! 

This "patent", while genuine, has no commercial value in my opinion.
The patent is very easily circumvented (legally).  Any commercial success this product has will be based on marketing alone.

By the way, did anyone else notice that the phone number spells:  855-9-Pillow?
I'm glad they didn't hype this in the ad.  Dead
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2015 at 10:26am
I still like the pillow
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
ThatNerdInPhilly View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThatNerdInPhilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2015 at 5:31pm
ClapLOL
My Pillow Parody (Some offensive language)

[TUBE]3alLlPjTX1I

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2015 at 6:04pm
^LOLLOL
stan319 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stan319 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2015 at 9:28pm
That parody is great.
 Don't forget, this is the official pillow of the " National Sleep Association ". I wonder if there is a " National Farting Association" ?
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThatNerdInPhilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2016 at 6:59am
This female announcer annoys the living hell out of me.

Why does it sound like she is having problems saying "uncomfortable?" Almost sounds like she adds an extra syllable in the damn word. Moron.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2016 at 1:32pm
Originally posted by ThatNerdInPhilly ThatNerdInPhilly wrote:

ClapLOL

I had to keep on pausing it and replaying parts I missed because I was laughing so hard!!!

Too funny!!!

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
i8acannibal View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote i8acannibal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2016 at 2:12pm
LOLLOLThat video was hilarious! 
Say something clever here...

No, I'm too lazy. Imagine it yourself.
crainbebo View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote crainbebo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2016 at 2:25pm
Not the only one that is getting sick of Mike and that fake "1950s-like" jingle that airs at the end of the commercials. It's JUST A PILLOW. Nothing less, nothing more.
If I had more money, I'd buy a memory foam pillow - but they are expensive.
Back after a long absence...still hating those commercials. Go away Limu Emu and Doug!
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThatNerdInPhilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2016 at 8:49pm
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

Originally posted by ThatNerdInPhilly ThatNerdInPhilly wrote:

ClapLOL

I had to keep on pausing it and replaying parts I missed because I was laughing so hard!!!
Too funny!!!

Still makes me chuckle.

Female: "Ya, now that you mentioned it, my jaw does kinda hurt..."
Mike: "Yeah, sure there's other reasons for that..."

Female: "...now a ways we have new technology right?"
Mike: "Right, yeah wow you took the words right out of my f'ing face."LOL

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2016 at 7:54pm
Confused...and so it goes with 'Elder Care' (I care for my elderly parents so they can maintain their independence)...
Mr. 'Al Z Heimer' decided he had lost 'His Pillow' and has been all around me for the last two days to get him a 'My Pillow'.
The friggin' things cost $100 - no way THAT is coming out of MY pocket!
My mother says, "Just order the damned thing and be done with it!"
"Not outta MY wallet, Mom! Anyway, how do you know 'Skippy' will like it? You ever TRY one?!"
"Well, yes - I have one - had it forever. It's really good."
"Let HIM try it and see if he likes it!"
"No. And they are 2-for-1 these days, so that's $50 a pillow..."
"I can't rationalize $50 for a pillow in my currently-sober state...ain't doin' it"
"Here - take MY card and buy him a stinkin' pillow! You're SO cheap!"
So I addressed the 2-for-1 order, making sure I get one for free since all of this was so hard on my fingers and disrupted my workday. I deserve a free MyPillow - I think I told some folks on a conference call to shaddup 'cause I was ordering 'My Pillow'.
Yea, I'm 'cheap'.
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2016 at 8:07pm
I have trouble sleeping, I get neck pain usually on my left side.
I slept wrong the other night and now I have some pain on the right side.

PaW, please send 2 more 'My Pillows' to this address in Winnebago county.

I thought you were going to the den.
I hope you and your parents are doing well.

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2016 at 8:52pm
Thanks aka.
I'm back and forth to The Den all the time, but I find it gets riskier to leave every time I go.
One day I'll go back for keeps, but even though that will not necessarily be a happy day, all will take joy and sing thanks to PaW for ensuring that they will be eternally resting on 'My Pillow's, doncha know...and I'll have one I got for free, which will probably get stolen. In fact, the ratbastard that swipes it will more than likely treat me like a blood sucking vampire bitch and give me 'My Brick'...
skull 
DKS View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DKS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2016 at 2:41pm
Originally posted by crainbebo crainbebo wrote:

Not the only one that is getting sick of Mike and that fake "1950s-like" jingle that airs at the end of the commercials. It's JUST A PILLOW. Nothing less, nothing more.

My dad and stepmom both have one of these. Both says it's by far the best pillow they've ever had, and they much prefers it to the memory foam pillows.

I don't have one myself so I can't comment, but according to them, it's much better than "just a pillow".
"I see the sadness in their eyes
Melancholy in their cries
Devoid of all the passion
The human spirit cannot die"
Anduril View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anduril Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2016 at 3:27pm
Originally posted by DKS DKS wrote:

Originally posted by crainbebo crainbebo wrote:

My dad and stepmom both have one of these. Both says it's by far the best pillow they've ever had, and they much prefers it to the memory foam pillows.

I don't have one myself so I can't comment, but according to them, it's much better than "just a pillow".

I have some sh!tty professional camera lenses like that.
They are only "good" because I have to justify the huge pricetag I paid for them.  Cry

I heard these "MyPillows" run like $70 or more.
I can get 23 pillows at Walmart for that price.   ...and then let my dachshund chew the stuffing out of them!
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2016 at 3:56pm
I use a concrete cinder block for a pillow.

The only drawback is that it doesn't soak up the drool like a regular pillow does.

BTW, if you want to see the silliest looking pillow you've ever seen...

Yes, this is an actual product.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender

C'mon, man!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2016 at 4:33pm
^LOL

I would burn up if I wore that thing.
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2016 at 6:00pm
Originally posted by Anduril Anduril wrote:

I have some sh!tty professional camera lenses like that.
They are only "good" because I have to justify the huge pricetag I paid for them.  Cry

I heard these "MyPillows" run like $70 or more.
I can get 23 pillows at Walmart for that price.   ...and then let my dachshund chew the stuffing out of them!
WinkAs mentioned a few posts above, I bought two, yesterday.
They are $100 each, but I got a 2-for-1 deal, but the 'rush order' added another $20.
So, tax, tag, and title during the sale, $119.95
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2016 at 7:37pm
Originally posted by aka ron aka ron wrote:

^LOL

I would burn up if I wore that thing.

I dunno. Seems like it would be a great thing to have during one of those cold Wisconsin winters.

C'mon, man!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2016 at 7:50pm
It's nice to have a cool bedroom, when I get warm my face, neck and head sweat.

Do you want to wear that friggin thing, Jimbo?

Anduril View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anduril Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2016 at 8:22pm
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

I use a concrete cinder block for a pillow.

The only drawback is that it doesn't soak up the drool like a regular pillow does.

BTW, if you want to see the silliest looking pillow you've ever seen...

Yes, this is an actual product.

You know, if there is any justice in the world - this baby is stuffed with real ostrich feathers!!  Smile
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2016 at 10:21pm
Originally posted by aka ron aka ron wrote:

It's nice to have a cool bedroom, when I get warm my face, neck and head sweat.

Do you want to wear that friggin thing, Jimbo?

To be completely honest with you.... the more I think about it, the more I think I want one.

C'mon, man!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic