Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Liberty Mutual 'Perfect Record' (pic)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Liberty Mutual 'Perfect Record' (pic)
    Posted: 06 Dec 2015 at 3:13am
ConfusedConfusedConfusedThis commercial simply drives me NUTS! It has nothing to do with the script - in fact, it can be muted and bother me.
It is 'the couple'.
To me, they look SO much alike - especially their noses - that you could tell me they were twins (not identical) and I'd believe you. They even converse similar in fashion as twins I've met do. For me, this is very, very distracting and really messes with a Wolfy, doncha know...
Perfect.
Liberty Mutual TV Spot, Perfect Record - Screenshot 4

X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Sponsored Links

Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2015 at 3:52pm
Okay THAT is creepy!
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
Darthhillbilly View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darthhillbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2015 at 7:11pm
This is the one that I mentioned a while back, that, based on the way they interact with one another, convinces me that they're talking about themselves... even if they keep using the word "you"... as one would when trying to make a story seem more like a hypothetical situation than an actual life experience. So, for that reason and that reason alone, I like this one. It settles a debate for me.

But yeah, other than that, Liberty Mutual, when you cast people to play a married couple in a commercial... don't use siblings. Wrong on more levels than usual.
"It's never too late to choose life...instead of the internet. Just drop the mouse." - Darwin Watterson
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2015 at 7:27pm
Originally posted by Darthhillbilly Darthhillbilly wrote:

This is the one that I mentioned a while back, that, based on the way they interact with one another, convinces me that they're talking about themselves... even if they keep using the word "you"... as one would when trying to make a story seem more like a hypothetical situation than an actual life experience. So, for that reason and that reason alone, I like this one. It settles a debate for me.

But yeah, other than that, Liberty Mutual, when you cast people to play a married couple in a commercial... don't use siblings. Wrong on more levels than usual.
LOLLOL

The resemblance is uncanny.

I see why PaW didn't post the video, iSpot took it down but still has the page about the commercial.
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darthhillbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2015 at 1:07am
On the upside, sis there is built like the proverbial masonry lavatory, so the commercial is watchable on that level also.

LOL
"It's never too late to choose life...instead of the internet. Just drop the mouse." - Darwin Watterson
CaptainErnie View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CaptainErnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2015 at 1:23am
Originally posted by Darthhillbilly Darthhillbilly wrote:

On the upside, sis there is built like the proverbial masonry lavatory, so the commercial is watchable on that level also.

LOL

...she's a brick.....OUse!!
Children are just God's little way of punishing us for having sex
CaptainErnie View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CaptainErnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2015 at 1:25am
Funny thing is, I haven't seen this one on the tube yet. I keep getting hammered by "Brad" and the Korean talking twig.
Children are just God's little way of punishing us for having sex
Triple J View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Triple J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2015 at 2:32am
This company is swiftly rising on my hate chart. Angry
darrylanson View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darrylanson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2016 at 3:56pm
Has anyone else noticed that the woman in this ad is clearly standing on something like a production box or milk crate in order to appear level with him... but it makes the frame look awkward because this puts her waist above his stomach... meaning her legs would be absolutely too long and disproportionate. Who didn't catch this during filming? They did this to have them level with the Statue of Liberty at the ending frame, but it proved to be an epic failure.
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darthhillbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2016 at 6:28pm
Actually, there's one where they're walking together toward the camera, and she's as tall as him, so...

That said, welcome aboard.
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2016 at 6:33pm
I tried to find some facts on if these two are actually related, they showed only her name on iSpot.

All of the comments were about how beautiful she was and how everyone wanted to nail her.

Actors
+ Add Actor
Raushanah Simmons - Actor/ActressRaushanah Simmons
Actor/Actress - Plays Woman

Andrew Monaco
who are the actors in this ad?
Young Joesph ·
she good actor
Like · Reply · 2 · Jan 6, 2016 10:30am
Mike Paulino
My goodness the actress is so VOLUPTUOUS.
WHO IS SHE?????
Marley Knowles
Yea she's amazing would love to know who she is.
Bill McNicholas ·
Works at Retired
Va va vavoom!! What an audacious body on her! Tall too! Love to know who she is?
Terry Adams ·
She has one hell of a rack, I'd like to see more of her.
ThatNerdInPhilly View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThatNerdInPhilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2016 at 12:33am
I realize these 2 twits have been on for well over a month.
Just would like to add my total HATRED towards these two!! 

Especially the guy, he's a creepy smug over-acting jerk off!Angry

Anduril View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anduril Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2016 at 1:03am
I wonder if they know their water bottles have BPA?
A Millennial View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A Millennial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2016 at 8:41pm
all I can think of is her wardrobe choice is unfortunate... that zip up makes her boobs look so saggy. And I have to admit, the wardrobe and hair choices for these "real people" in commercials are horrid, especially for an expensive insurance company. I guess the company was too cheap to do wardrobe, hair or makeup.  "you wore that from home to shoot? ok, that works.... action!"

I am part of the target audience....and I hate it.
commercialssuck View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote commercialssuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2016 at 4:44am
I really hate this ad for one big reason. In typical misandric fashion, it's the GUY who got in the accident and ruined "their" perfect driving record. And of course as the woman gives him the evil eye, he obediently hangs his head. Can you imagine the outrage if the gender roles were reversed?

I don't know the statistics, but I would guess that women actually get in  more accidents than men. Correct me if I'm wrong. I just get so sick of commercials constantly running down men and putting women on a pedestal.Angry Enough already!!!!!!!!!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2016 at 9:26am
Originally posted by commercialssuck commercialssuck wrote:

I don't know the statistics, but I would guess that women actually get in  more accidents than men. Correct me if I'm wrong. I just get so sick of commercials constantly running down men and putting women on a pedestal.Angry Enough already!!!!!!!!!

You're kind of right.  I once read that women actually get into fewer accidents, but they also drive many fewer miles.  This makes their chances (based on number of miles driven) for getting into accidents, actually greater than men's.  I don't know if it's still true, but women's insurance rates always used to be lower, as the insurance companies don't (or didn't) take number of miles driven into account.  All they knew was that women got into fewer overall accidents.

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2016 at 12:28am
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

Originally posted by commercialssuck commercialssuck wrote:

You're kind of right.  I once read that women actually get into fewer accidents, but they also drive many fewer miles.  This makes their chances (based on number of miles driven) for getting into accidents, actually greater than men's.  I don't know if it's still true, but women's insurance rates always used to be lower, as the insurance companies don't (or didn't) take number of miles driven into account.  All they knew was that women got into fewer overall accidents.

Well, the two of you can get lost in wondering, pray to a 'higher power' to give you an answer (you may have to wait due to a backlog), or realize how very lucky you are to have me around to save you.ApproveThumbs Up
You're welcome.
http://www.trafficsafetystore.com/blog/who-causes-accidents
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2016 at 12:33am
Looks like that article supports exactly what I said.

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2016 at 12:52am

Looks like that article supports exactly what I said.
It supports what you said, not exactly what you said. Pretty much as if you had read it e year earlier, first and were regurgitating the main points as best you could recall.

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2016 at 1:20am
That article said just what I said...that, overall, women get into fewer accidents, but when adjusted for number of miles driven by each gender, women are noted to have more accidents.  The article just added in some actual numbers.

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2016 at 1:34am

The article supports your comments, but you said what the article says - it was written first.

And women?
Anyone knows when it comes to time and endurance, men always win. There are always just too many stores for a woman to possiby shop at along the way.

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2016 at 1:49am
Well, if you really want to pick nits, that article was written in June of 2014.  I made the same comment here a year earlier.

Anduril View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anduril Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2016 at 2:13am

That article said just what I said...that, overall, women get into fewer accidents, but when adjusted for number of miles driven by each gender, women are noted to have more accidents.  The article just added in some actual numbers.

So....
Is this the same as "most accidents happen within x-miles of home"?
In other words, is adjusting for gender the same as adjusting for miles driven close to home, where most accidents occur?

Also, does this include commerical drivers / truckers, police, etc..?

sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2016 at 3:38am
Women rarely drove until WW2 when there was a shortage of men. Even then they did not drive many miles due to gas rationing. My Mother drove a little in the 1920s and 1930s. When the driver's license was invented she lost interest. I had my permit in 1967 when she finally got her license with me tutoring her for the written and driving tests. She still rarely drove. Now days women drive much more but still tend to let a man drive if available. I agree that the current accident rate adjusted for miles driven is close to 50/50.
EEEEts All so REEEdEEEculous
Banderboy View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banderboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2016 at 7:50am
Best YouTube comment: "I'd love to discuss a "motor boat" policy with her" LOL
Every day my mind grows keener- my good arm stronger--- my silly enemies more futile---
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic