Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Michael Phelps and Rosetta Stone

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote athomas917 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Michael Phelps and Rosetta Stone
    Posted: 16 Sep 2008 at 2:26am
I won't even touch on him learning Chinese in 3 weeks, but I couldn't help but notice he has the same 'vagina' looking mouth that Jared Fogle and the Quiznos guy has.  It just hauntingly draws you to it.
Sponsored Links

TWCFan View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TWCFan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2008 at 3:15am
I am beginning to think the swimmer is a bit over-exposed. Maybe he won't be such a hot topic until 2012.
Closing logos! Now that's something I can watch on TV.
clamshell View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote clamshell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2008 at 5:14am
He is another Lance Armstrong..Blow hards
meinga View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote meinga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2008 at 8:19pm
I have nothing against Michael Phelps but if he's promoting learning Chinese from their program, why doesn't he say at least 1 Chinese word in the whole commercial?  I would think that he would have at least said hello or a simple phrase in the language...just to prove he's learning something  Confused
pixiestix View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pixiestix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2008 at 9:27pm
Originally posted by meinga meinga wrote:

I have nothing against Michael Phelps but if he's promoting learning Chinese from their program, why doesn't he say at least 1 Chinese word in the whole commercial?  I would think that he would have at least said hello or a simple phrase in the language...just to prove he's learning something  Confused

I agree.  The only part in the whole commercial where you see him using the product and supposedly speaking Chinese, you can't hear him because of the stupid voice-over.  Suspicious!!
Kiss my artichoke!
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2008 at 12:30am
He can swim, but I BET he can't speak a lick of Chinese!
Total B.S. commercial!
...now, do you really want to know what I think?....
Spicy_Meatball View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spicy_Meatball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2008 at 12:54am
He's got the perfect face for radio.  Tongue
"Mama Mia! That's a spicy meatball!!" ~~Alka Seltzer Ad
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2008 at 1:00am
Originally posted by Spicy_Meatball Spicy_Meatball wrote:

He's got the perfect face for radio.  Tongue
AHHHHH!!!LOLLOLLOLLOLI ALMOST knocked 'Sushi the Fish' over (he's my 'drinking buddy' - although he sticks to water)....as I fell out of the chair!!!LOL 
He's reading all of this too, doncha know, cancha tell... 
Jimmy View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2008 at 1:12am
Originally posted by meinga meinga wrote:

Nee How Maa!

He could've said. Actually I think he looked like a total doofus with that headset attached to his laptop.

I got sick of this guy during the Olympics. He seems to be a complete tool. And I hate the over-exposure.
One man gathers what another man spills
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic