Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Miscellaneous :: Off-Topic
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Your cat hates you...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Your cat hates you...
    Posted: 07 Nov 2015 at 5:34pm
Confused"...why PaW! Just like you said - everything I knew about cats was wrong! I can hardly believe it and will trust you from now on...and I promise to get a dog as my next pet..."

WinkListen to Your Wolf and Your life will be better in no time...
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Sponsored Links

Darthhillbilly View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darthhillbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2015 at 6:58pm
"It's never too late to choose life...instead of the internet. Just drop the mouse." - Darwin Watterson
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2015 at 7:10pm
^LOL

There was one live-in girlfriend who talked me into cats, it was a lot of fun.
They are very loving and playful.
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2015 at 7:40pm
Yes they can be unpredictable. But once you know how to act around them and treat them well. They're very fun and playful. The only irksome thing they have done to me is knock down my cars!

Wasn't there an episode of CSI: where a cat and parrot killed their owners??? Yes, yes there was!
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2015 at 7:46pm
I've had two of mine for 13 years.  They're very predictable.  They're also very affectionate---each in his own way.  Mallory will follow me to the ends of the earth.  Mickey is a total scaredy-cat---to others.  To me, he's totally loving and affectionate.  Rocco's 4 now, and he's predictable, too.  I know when he wants attention, and I know when he's had enough.

Cats are very predictable---once you've gotten to know them.

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2015 at 8:32pm
^Your cats probably have plans for you.
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
CapeCat View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CapeCat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2015 at 9:07pm
Originally posted by PaWolf PaWolf wrote:

Tee hee!  The only "plans" my kitties ever have for me is figuring out how to cajole some crunchy treats from me and spoil their diets.

CapeCat
Papa Lazarou View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec
Formerly Codtaro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Papa Lazarou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2015 at 9:07pm
I'll have to dig up a link, but another study showed that cats develop relationships and affection for their owners, but they are not dependent like dogs. Dogs develop totally dependent needy relationships, whereas cats maintain some independence.
Banana!
BANANA!!
BANANA!!!
BANANA!!
Banana!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2015 at 9:56pm

Well, they'd better hurry.  They're 13 and 1/2.  Time's a-tickin'.

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2015 at 10:00pm
Originally posted by Papa Lazarou Papa Lazarou wrote:

I'll have to dig up a link, but another study showed that cats develop relationships and affection for their owners, but they are not dependent like dogs. Dogs develop totally dependent needy relationships, whereas cats maintain some independence.

There's definitely a relationship.  And it's more complex than between a dog and a human.  I've discovered this over the years.  Cat owners understand exactly what I mean.

MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2015 at 4:08am
Originally posted by aka ron aka ron wrote:

There was one live-in girlfriend who talked me into cats, it was a lot of fun.
They are very loving and playful.

Yes, girlfriends certainly are, but you should never have more than one in the house at the same time...  LOL
Calvin View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Calvin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2015 at 5:59am
^Didn't stop Hugh Hefner. LOL.:D
Darthhillbilly View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darthhillbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2015 at 10:43am
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

There's definitely a relationship.  And it's more complex than between a dog and a human.  I've discovered this over the years.  Cat owners understand exactly what I mean.

It can be extremely complex. Where with a dog it's pretty much unconditional love, cats have many conditions.

LOL
"It's never too late to choose life...instead of the internet. Just drop the mouse." - Darwin Watterson
i8acannibal View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote i8acannibal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2015 at 1:51am
Say something clever here...

No, I'm too lazy. Imagine it yourself.
Donathan View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donathan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2015 at 1:55am
Cats have been known to save lives by scratching a sleeping owner's face when their house is on fire to wake them up.
My name is Donathan, pronounced the same way you pronounce Jonathan, except with a D.😀 Hitting on a Lesbian who speaks to you and about you like trash means you're REALLY desperate! 😀

msmadz View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
8+ years on CIH

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msmadz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2015 at 12:22pm
Originally posted by i8acannibal i8acannibal wrote:

I love this!
The artist formerly known as Madawee

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2015 at 3:06pm
Originally posted by Darthhillbilly Darthhillbilly wrote:

Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

It can be extremely complex. Where with a dog it's pretty much unconditional love, cats have many conditions.

LOL
ConfusedHow many times and ways do I have to say it? Cats are sharp-clawed furry little psychopaths!
How many folks recall times gone by when cats were caught sucking the breath from sleeping human babies? It happens, doncha know -look it up.

Link in case video doesn't work:

Now, the final seconds of the above and statements about dogs aren't entirely correct. They didn't mention the criminal dogs are often cross-bred in-breds, so heck! ANYTHING raised like that is something befitting of the mulch pit.
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2015 at 3:39pm

Now, the final seconds of the above and statements about dogs aren't entirely correct. They didn't mention the criminal dogs are often cross-bred in-breds, so heck! ANYTHING raised like that is something befitting of the mulch pit.

Not true at all, Pa.

We are constantly hearing stories about little kids and elderly women being horribly mauled and/or killed by dogs that were nothing more than ordinary pets kept in residential back yards but got out and attacked their victims for merely walking down the street.

When I was a kid, I got attacked and bitten on the leg by a dog because I was walking down the street with a cookie in my hand.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2015 at 4:18pm
^ShockedWhy are you surprised?! YOU had a cookie. Puppy did not. YOU didn't offer or share! You deserved what you got.
Yea, you're somewhat right, o'mule. Dogs can sense weirdos,  or those suffering from mental instability, or other misplaced/misguided fears, and due to natural 'pack mentality', WILL attack and kill the strange. 
Do you still walk around with cookies?
What is your zip code? The inquiring barkers need to know...
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2015 at 4:24pm
Hey, I was 7 years old, what did I know???

Aminals will be aminals. They weren't made to understand humans or our rules of decorum.

But as for cookies no, I eat them sitting down inside in front of the TV these days.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender

C'mon, man!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2015 at 6:11pm
When dogs go bad it's usually because of how they were handled or [not] controlled by their human.
Sorry, this song comes to mind.

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2015 at 7:22pm

ConfusedHow many times and ways do I have to say it? Cats are sharp-clawed furry little psychopaths!
How many folks recall times gone by when cats were caught sucking the breath from sleeping human babies? It happens, doncha know -look it up.

Link in case video doesn't work:

So, the narrator had to go back to incidents in the early 1980s, 1931 and the 19th century to support his case??!  How many cats have existed since the 1800s?  I dunno, but it's estimated there are 600,000,000 of them in the world right now.  And that's all the homicidal felines the guy could come up with??! 

OK, Pa...cats are vicious killers.  LOL

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2015 at 7:24pm
If housecats were the size of bobcats, they might be.

C'mon, man!
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2015 at 7:28pm
I think I want one of these now...

C'mon, man!
msmadz View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
8+ years on CIH

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msmadz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2015 at 7:47pm
Pa, that "study" was from The Bronx Zoo. Of course they'll say cats are killers. And rats. And cockroaches, too!

My cats LOVED us. They told me so in a million ways every day.
The artist formerly known as Madawee

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic