Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Miscellaneous :: Off-Topic
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Remember, set your clocks ahead an hour tonight!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Remember, set your clocks ahead an hour tonight!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Remember, set your clocks ahead an hour tonight!
    Posted: 01 Nov 2015 at 4:41am
Time to Fall ForwardLOL

Or just leave them flashing 12:00  Tongue

No, seriously, it's that time of year again to set them 23 hours ahead.  Wink LOL

Sponsored Links

Papa Lazarou View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec
Formerly Codtaro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Papa Lazarou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2015 at 5:06am
UGH. I'm getting all pissing confused 'cause on facebook I have Australian/Southern Hemisphere friends who're "Falling BACKWARD"

I can't remember which is which. XD Luckily all my important watches are digital and can automatically adjust to the DST.
Banana!
BANANA!!
BANANA!!!
BANANA!!
Banana!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2015 at 9:01am

LOL!   I wonder how many here saw this and set their clocks ahead.

I forgot to change my clock, and now, here I am, up at 4am and posting.   I thought it was 4:30 when I got out of bed, and even that was too early.   I guess I'll try to fall back asleep, but I doubt the cats will let me (even though they've just been fed).   This is their time to get rambunctious, and I guess they think I should be a part of that.

edit:   I guess I'll go back to bed now and listen to some talk radio guy drone on about cancer treatment.   It's horrible, but reception is bad and it's either that or Hispanic radio playing their God-awful music or jabbering on about who knows what (probably Jesus or soccer or something).

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2015 at 9:51am
LOL
I went back to bed earlier, it's wake up time now.
I'll make some coffee and do some laundry and dishes.

Spring forward, fall back.
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2015 at 10:17am
I always set my clock sideways.

Left for fall, right for summer.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2015 at 10:46am

It's OK setting the clock ahead on digital clocks 'cuz it's only one hour, but setting it backward means I have to go forward 23 hours, and requires I maintain more attention span so I don't forget what time I'm supposed to set it to.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2015 at 10:54am
Just invite a bunch of people over to help you and make a party out of it.

Sorta like painting a house or something.

Everyone takes a turn holding down the button for one (elapsed) hour.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender

C'mon, man!
msmadz View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
8+ years on CIH

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msmadz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2015 at 10:57am
I've been up since 4:35 AM ET. Look at all of us early birds!

What the hell is wrong with us?

I will be taking a nap later.
The artist formerly known as Madawee

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2015 at 11:03am
Don't know about anyone else, but I got up to pee and couldn't get back to sleep.

Was having the usual "water dream".

Usually involves being at the beach or swimming in the ocean. Wake up, have to go pee. Usually right around 5:30 am, but because of the time change, I was up at 4:30 this morning.

I will be napping later as well.

C'mon, man!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2015 at 11:30am

Definitely a nap today.   Maybe one this morning, and one later in the day.   Problem is, I have to stay awake for the Walking Dead tonight, but I also have to get up at 3:30 tomorrow AM for my Walmart career, so I'm gonna need extra sleep beforehand.   Plus, I wanna make a boatload of meatloaf today, so I have to actually plan this day.

Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2015 at 8:06pm
Heck I got up around 4:00 am some kind of band was playing on TV. I took a shower looked up some stuff on the phone, then went to bed. Got up around 8:00 just in time to catch CBS Sunday Morning.
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
Jimmy View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2015 at 8:56pm
What made my day about the time change, was that this is the first day of my 10 holiday! Getting another hour to enjoy is alright with me!!
One man gathers what another man spills
Darthhillbilly View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darthhillbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2015 at 9:10pm
I ended up at what the clocks said was 4:00. Unfortunately, my body said it was 5:00 and time for coffee.

Of course now it'll be dark at 6pm, and that's just fantastic. Unhappy
"It's never too late to choose life...instead of the internet. Just drop the mouse." - Darwin Watterson
MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2015 at 5:13am
The "extra" hour I supposedly "gained" threw my whole day out of sync.  I call it "DST jet lag".  Very annoying...  Thumbs Down
Darthhillbilly View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Darthhillbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2015 at 9:32am
Originally posted by MrTim MrTim wrote:

The "extra" hour I supposedly "gained" threw my whole day out of sync.  I call it "DST jet lag".  Very annoying...  Thumbs Down

See, that's the whole thing about "Oh, you get an extra hour of sleep!", it's bullsh*t. My body woke up at the same time it does every day... the only difference being that some of the clocks had changed while I slept. So now it's officially one hour EARLIER than I normally get up. Could I have rolled over and gone back to sleep for an hour? In theory, yes. But it's the weekend anyway. No alarms... just wake up when you're ready to wake up.

Now, come time to go to bed, on the other hand... body started saying "hey, let's go to sleep" about an hour (by the clock) earlier than normal. I don't want to go to bed too early, or I'll just wake up that much earlier. So, I stay up until the "time" I normally go to bed.

I have effectively LOST and hour of sleep.

And it's dark at 6pm.

f**k DST.

Sleepy

Also, those of you with employees, I'm going to be a dick and get some of them busted. Not trying to insult anyone's intelligence here, but a lot of people get this mixed up. When your people come in an hour late today and blame it on forgetting to set their clocks... call bullsh*t on them. If they had forgotten to set their clocks, they'd be an hour early this time. 

Remember it like this: "Don't FALL for it".

"It's never too late to choose life...instead of the internet. Just drop the mouse." - Darwin Watterson
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic