Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Geico 'Reunion: Peter Pan' (video)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
Author
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Geico 'Reunion: Peter Pan' (video)
    Posted: 21 Oct 2015 at 5:26pm
AngryI don't care for all-too-happy & healthy little schitz, like Peter!

X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Sponsored Links

Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2015 at 6:57pm
WTF!?
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2015 at 7:00pm
I don't know enough about the Peter Pan movies to even know what they are trying to do here.
I just wanna smack the little fker.
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2015 at 10:47pm
^I was subjected to a few of the 14 or 15 'Peter Pan' movies when I was a child because someone actually thought I would enjoy them...
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
MrCleveland View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrCleveland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2015 at 9:51pm
Here's how to make a Geico Commercial...

Throw some sh*t up on the ceiling, see what sticks, have it be 100% off-topic and only mention Geico in the last 5 seconds since to them people are dumb-asses and they'll HAVE to watch the commercial since we won't skip them...f**k you!

And Geico...f**k you!AngryAngryAngry
Thank God for kids who love Obscure Things.

Lee Hazelwood (1929-2007)
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2015 at 9:59pm
So sick of this little fkr! I just watched it with full volume and I'm already pissed. GROW UP YOU LIL' IDIOT!!!!
crainbebo View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crainbebo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2015 at 12:25am
Another stupid Geico commercial. Garbage made by the insurance company that is tied with Progressive for #1 most stupidest insurance commercials. A very close 2nd to State Farm (by 0.005%). And of course, if you don't have a brain, use text speak all the time and spend 20 hours a day on SnapChat, Instagram and Facebook, "it's what you do."
Where art thou, coffee cups, squirrels and laughing dogs? We miss the Geico ads of the late '90s. Much better, much more on-track, much less stupider.

-crainbebo
Back after a long absence...still hating those commercials. Go away Limu Emu and Doug!
MrFlavor View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote MrFlavor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2015 at 6:52am

Peter Pan: Kind of a dick, it turns out.
MixPickle View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MixPickle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2015 at 3:17pm
Go here:  http://www.martinagency.com/about

Lots of inbreeding there - except to the token Brit so they can say they have a London office.

i8acannibal View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote i8acannibal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2015 at 1:10am
This has to be one of the worst Geico ads so far. I've only seen it twice and once was more than enough. Of course now that I've said that it'll be on constantly. f**k off Geico. And take your sh*tty ads with you.
Say something clever here...

No, I'm too lazy. Imagine it yourself.
Triple J View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Triple J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2015 at 1:33am
Not sure what anybody expects from the GEICO adholes. This fits them to a T. After all, they won't grow up. Amirite? Wink
DKS View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote DKS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2015 at 7:24am
I know this commercial has been on here several times, but somehow I've managed to tune it out automatically everytime it's been on.
"I see the sadness in their eyes
Melancholy in their cries
Devoid of all the passion
The human spirit cannot die"
i8acannibal View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote i8acannibal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2015 at 8:17am
Originally posted by Triple J Triple J wrote:

Not sure what anybody expects from the GEICO adholes. This fits them to a T. After all, they won't grow up. Amirite? Wink

Well of course. It's what they do...
Say something clever here...

No, I'm too lazy. Imagine it yourself.
madwoman View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote madwoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2015 at 4:38pm
Originally posted by i8acannibal i8acannibal wrote:

Originally posted by Triple J Triple J wrote:

Well of course. It's what they do...

^^^^ Well played, monsieur!
Kool_Kat View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kool_Kat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2015 at 8:43pm
Folks: Cool

I saw this "Peter Pan" Geico commercial for the first time a few days ago... and my jaw dropped to the floor! Some gender-confused fairy character bubbling nauseous and sarcastic "age commentary" on classmates attending a school reunion... WTF?

Hey Geico - let's make a ridiculous and over the top comparison of something completely unrelated to the selling of insurance and call it a clever ad? Confused 

I guess folks will remember the "stupidity" of this ad spot and then link it to Geico?

Geico = stupid

Yep, I get it now. Wink     
Joe Minx View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Joe Minx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2015 at 4:31am
The singing at the end really puts this over the top.
BadAd View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BadAd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2015 at 5:04am
I thought the first time I saw the stupid new Peter Pan/reunion ad that Geico had finally made a commercial worse than the horrible Kenny Rogers "Gambler" one -- you know the one? He painfully sings line after line of that damn song, pausing between each one for a backup arrangement we can't hear...that one. But Kenny Rogers is still the worst. 
pinniped View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinniped Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2015 at 5:23am
This Pan POS commercial snuck past me the first time. The POS Final Countdown has a good audible warning. I change that $hit on the very fist note.
SO I GO ON VEHIX.COM!....GOT A CAR TO SELL!....BUYING A CAR IS HARD!
Anduril View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anduril Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2015 at 1:47pm
Originally posted by pinniped pinniped wrote:

This Pan POS commercial snuck past me the first time. The POS Final Countdown has a good audible warning. I change that $hit on the very fist note.

Amazingly, I have somehow managed to avoid seeing this commercial thus far! I noticed it on the other day, glancing over at the TV while someone else was watching it, but the audio was thankfully on mute.

But, to your point about the "insta-mute"...

Something else just occured to me:
On YouTube, sometimes the videos have ads that you can skip after about 4 or 5 seconds and on others they might force you to watch the whole ad.

What strikes me as a bit odd is that on those opportunities to skip after a few seconds -- a huge majority of those ads DO NOT actually "get to the point" in the first few seconds!! A lot of them waste those precious few first seconds on intro music, or some visual attention-grabber effect and never mention the thing being sold.

So, of course, I skip the ads at the very first opportunity without EVER knowing what the product was. (Which, I would do even if I did know the product.)

Still, not exactly the definition of "effective advertising"!

I think the same thing is happening when you hear the intro notes to Final Countdown.

It's just a trigger to turn off the ad.
Not very effective from an advertiser's point of view, yet these companies continue to hire the same ad agencies who create this crap.   
Jimmy View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Jimmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2015 at 3:00pm
That smarmy little prick would be drinking some toilet water if I was at that reunion! I would also give him a Glagow kiss! (Head butt)
One man gathers what another man spills
ridley View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ridley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2015 at 9:08pm
F'n hilarious! The kid is a cross between Biff on Back to the Future, and Eddie Haskell on Leave it to Beaver.
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2015 at 9:24pm
That damn "song" is a FRIGGEN earworm! It digs into your head like an eel from Ceti Alpha V and never lets itself out!
LiberryGirl View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote LiberryGirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2015 at 9:27pm
Peter would never had gotten to that reunion. Someone would have taken him out long before then
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2015 at 11:19pm
Originally posted by ridley ridley wrote:

F'n hilarious! The kid is a cross between Biff on Back to the Future, and Eddie Haskell on Leave it to Beaver.
ConfusedYou clearly have no offspring.
My oldest son was MUCH like that when he was young - and tough enough to take whatever came his way because of it. Now that he is a mental trainwreck from years in Afghanistan, killing by hand for Uncle Sam, he is now retired at a young age and still the same - but now you have to be scared - very scared - of him, should he approach you in the manner 'Peter Pan' does.
Papa Lazarou View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec
Formerly Codtaro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Papa Lazarou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2015 at 11:34pm
Originally posted by Ad nauseous Ad nauseous wrote:

That damn "song" is a FRIGGEN earworm! It digs into your head like an eel from Ceti Alpha V and never lets itself out!

Did someone say "eels"?

Banana!
BANANA!!
BANANA!!!
BANANA!!
Banana!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
  Share Topic