Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Opdivo - Longer Life

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote i8acannibal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Opdivo - Longer Life
    Posted: 03 Oct 2015 at 11:51pm
Yeah. Great. Another treatment for cancer. But just listen to how he carries on without missing a beat when it comes to the side effects... And the "thank you" at the end  makes me think that multiple people died during testing. I hate drug companies.

Here's  the link if I didn't post it right. I can never remember how to post the flash vids correctly. 

Say something clever here...

No, I'm too lazy. Imagine it yourself.
Sponsored Links

ThatNerdInPhilly View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThatNerdInPhilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2015 at 3:43am
I f***ing can't stand this one since I lost my mom to lung cancer. The side effects she had from the standard treatment never made her that sick thank god. Somehow I think this longer life extending pill would do more harm than good!

It's always insulting that if people did have incredibly bad effects from this drug- or any other cancer drug. It would be hard to file a class action law suit against these scumbags. The companies would claim "well, the cancer killed them." F- these drug companies, I hate them also!

Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2015 at 4:07am
So many ing drug commercials so little time. Sick of 'em!
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2015 at 9:09pm
With all those side effects the chances of living longer are slim and none. 
Jnmcda0 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jnmcda0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2016 at 11:30pm
Originally posted by Tiz Tiz wrote:

With all those side effects the chances of living longer are slim and none. 

Or you'll live longer, but have a terrible quality of life.  

I've read that those taking Opdivo live an average of 90 days longer than those getting other treatments.  If I had to suffer 90 days with those side effects, I think I'd rather just die earlier and enjoy what precious little time I had.  The option is out there for those that feel differently, though.  I wouldn't fault someone either way.
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2016 at 12:30am
Originally posted by i8acannibal i8acannibal wrote:

Yeah. Great. Another treatment for cancer. But just listen to how he carries on without missing a beat when it comes to the side effects... And the "thank you" at the end  makes me think that multiple people died during testing. I hate drug companies.

I had been thinking of starting a thread about this same stupid annoying ad and mostly for the exact same reason you mentioned... the way that goofy voice over guy gushes out "A chance to live longer!!!!!" without skipping a beat after he finishes the subdued monotone part they really don't want you to pay attention to and which they accompany with visual images of actors portraying happy, vigorous old people who we assume are supposed to be dying of cancer, but because of Opdivo, are happy about it.

F*ck Opdivo.

I bet the sh*t costs $10,000 per dose.

I hate drug companies.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
70s80s View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 70s80s Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Feb 2016 at 4:26pm
Anything to make a buck and make us mad! Angry
"Cottage cheese is not a 'feminine product'!"
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Feb 2016 at 10:18pm
All of the iSpot videos flew off into some computer oblivion.

[QUOTE=aka ron]From this commercial...
"Optivo can cause your immune system to attack normal organs and tissue in your body and effect how they work"
Soooo! Tongue
Live longer or let us help with your demise, get in line for the next Class Action Lawsuit.
If you survive the treatment.

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Feb 2016 at 10:56pm
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

F*ck Opdivo.

I bet the sh*t costs $10,000 per dose.

From some article on a health website:

But, before you decide if would you take the drug, also consider that the drug costs about $150,000 for the initial treatment, and then about $14,000 a month. Not all insurance will cover the cost.

Yikes.

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Feb 2016 at 11:00pm
Holy Sh*t!

Got a link?
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Feb 2016 at 11:35pm
ThatNerdInPhilly View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThatNerdInPhilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2016 at 4:18am
"Clinical trials showed - those taking the drug nivolumab lived an average of 90 days longer. Is this a huge clinical advance? Well, it depends on your perspective. Some patients feel 90 days doesn’t sound like much, while others say they would give their right arm to live another 90 days – but only if their quality of life was high.

Exactly!**

Hard decision for many I suppose...but looking back at the quality of life in my moms final month and 2 weeks were sh*t.  Perhaps it would have been better if a stroke didn't hit her out of nowhere - derailing her treatment, which was at the time "looking positive." Still angered about that, I specifically asked the doctor if an aspirin regime would help, he said "no, its not needed"..I'm not a doctor but i read the chemo thickens blood and other chaos in the body. I should have listened to my damn gut and not the damn doctor! 

Anyway, of course the shady insurance companies won't cover it..greedy f***s! So 150K out of pocket for the first treatment, another 14K if you last 30 days and then a lifetime of debt for the people you leave behind. If I - Godforbid - ever was in this situation, no way in hell would I will place that burden on my loved ones.

F this commercial, I see it all the time.

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2016 at 7:27pm
I don't trust the drug companies or the health care system in general.
From the post above and Thor's earlier statement.

So 150K out of pocket for the first treatment, another 14K if you last 30 days and then a lifetime of debt for the people you leave behind.

What a bunch of f*cking overpriced bullsh*t, they don't want to help us!
Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2016 at 12:02am
Originally posted by ThatNerdInPhilly ThatNerdInPhilly wrote:

"Clinical trials showed - those taking the drug nivolumab lived an average of 90 days longer. Is this a huge clinical advance? Well, it depends on your perspective. Some patients feel 90 days doesn’t sound like much, while others say they would give their right arm to live another 90 days – but only if their quality of life was high.

**Exactly!**

Wonder if those "trials" had any patients that died 2 days after paying that $150,000 initial payment.
If on chemo alone, I don't think the doctors know the exact day you will die. So where does that 90 days longer come in?
commercialssuck View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote commercialssuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2016 at 6:34pm
Originally posted by aka ron aka ron wrote:

I don't trust the drug companies or the health care system in general.
From the post above and Thor's earlier statement.

So 150K out of pocket for the first treatment, another 14K if you last 30 days and then a lifetime of debt for the people you leave behind.

What a bunch of f*cking overpriced bullsh*t, they don't want to help us!

Never have! They only want to help themselves. That's it.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic