Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Burger King A1 Halloween Burger (video)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Burger King A1 Halloween Burger (video)
    Posted: 28 Sep 2015 at 4:18pm
A black bun? No thanks.

Sponsored Links

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2015 at 4:27pm
Racist.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2015 at 4:28pm
If they send me some BOGO coupons I'll give it a try.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender

C'mon, man!
Anduril View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anduril Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2015 at 4:33pm
"Once you go black, you never go back!"
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2015 at 5:50pm
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

Racist.

Hey!
There was really no good way to word that.  Wink

The A1, would not turn the bun black. I say WAAAAAY too much food coloring, for my taste.
i8acannibal View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote i8acannibal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2015 at 5:59pm
They did a black bun in Japan a while ago. It was colored with squid ink. This one is not. I definitely don't think that it's all A1 though.
Say something clever here...

No, I'm too lazy. Imagine it yourself.
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2015 at 6:15pm
I ALMOST was about to say I ain't gots no use for no black buns leaking some some reddish-brown syrupy fluids, but if I did say it, I'd prolly get in trouble at home and be left trying to dig my way out of it all by explaining it had nothing to do with the buns, but it's all about the nasty sauce leaking out of all 'dem black buns. Ain't a white bun thing, doncha know...
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2015 at 6:19pm
^LOL

I love double chocolate muffins!
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2015 at 6:27pm
Originally posted by aka ron aka ron wrote:

Funny you should mention that - just reminded me you should ask Thor about his religious leanings - he belongs to some fudge church group, or something like that, I believe...
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Snesgamer View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snesgamer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2015 at 7:01pm
I'm going to give this a try today around noon. 
Anduril View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anduril Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2015 at 7:07pm
Originally posted by Snesgamer Snesgamer wrote:

I'll get the paddles ready...
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2015 at 7:10pm
Ask them, what makes the bread so black?
sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2015 at 8:57pm
Black Buns Matter!
EEEEts All so REEEdEEEculous
Darthhillbilly View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darthhillbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2015 at 9:45pm
I wonder...

If I beat this black burger to a pulp with my white teeth... is it an Ate Crime?
"It's never too late to choose life...instead of the internet. Just drop the mouse." - Darwin Watterson
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2015 at 9:48pm

Originally posted by aka ron aka ron wrote:

^LOL

The first time I saw pumpernickel bread, I thought it was chocolate.

This burger bun, though, looks like it should be licorice.

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2015 at 9:49pm

I assume it's all just for the visual effect, in which case, seeing it in the commercial is enough.

i8acannibal View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote i8acannibal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2015 at 9:50pm
Originally posted by Darthhillbilly Darthhillbilly wrote:

I wonder...

If I beat this black burger to a pulp with my white teeth... is it an Ate Crime?

LOL
Say something clever here...

No, I'm too lazy. Imagine it yourself.
Snesgamer View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snesgamer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2015 at 11:57pm
Well, it was pretty much as it was advertised to be, as long as you don't expect anything spectacularly better than your average Whopper.

The bun's texture was pretty much normal, although small pieces flake off and land on the insides of the burger and your skin making it appear dirty.

You can definitely taste some A1 sauce in there, they weren't lying about that. The rest of it is just a basic Whopper, and it costs the same as one too, so it doesn't take any more out of your pocket to try if you were going to BK anyway.
Triple J View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Triple J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2015 at 12:03am
I was going to ask if that's pumpernickel bread, but that's more of a brown color.
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2015 at 12:19am

Well, it was pretty much as it was advertised to be, as long as you don't expect anything spectacularly better than your average Whopper.

The bun's texture was pretty much normal, although small pieces flake off and land on the insides of the burger and your skin making it appear dirty.

You can definitely taste some A1 sauce in there, they weren't lying about that. The rest of it is just a basic Whopper, and it costs the same as one too, so it doesn't take any more out of your pocket to try if you were going to BK anyway.

If I get a BOGO coupon I'll give it a try, but I won't pay full price.

C'mon, man!
Snesgamer View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snesgamer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2015 at 12:58am
I made a little goof - the Halloween Whopper costs the same as a DOUBLE Whopper (my usual order, which is why I mistakenly used the term "basic Whopper"), which it essentially is anyway, just with some steak sauce and a cool bun.
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2015 at 1:36am
No kidding????

The same price as a double meat Whopper just because they spray painted the bun and slopped some A-1 sauce on it?????

F-U BK!!!!

C'mon, man!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2015 at 3:20am

^ Well, of course.   Put a rock in a box, advertise it as something special and unique, and people will pay the price.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2015 at 3:29am
That is kinda pushing it though, considering the price of a double Whopper.

Geez...

C'mon, man!
Snesgamer View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snesgamer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2015 at 3:52am
It is a Double Whopper, you're just getting some extra sauce
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic