Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Miscellaneous :: Off-Topic
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

So, what's for dessert?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: So, what's for dessert?
    Posted: 27 Sep 2015 at 9:55am
Apparently a boatload of crap in a like-named thread by Calvithan.

Everyone is responding, so it is clearly playing with itself in glee as the post count climbs.

Yea, this thread exists just to piss the critter off - wonder if it will report me to FA?

X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Sponsored Links

Darthhillbilly View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darthhillbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2015 at 10:53am
So, will there be actual and real desserts in this thread?
"It's never too late to choose life...instead of the internet. Just drop the mouse." - Darwin Watterson
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2015 at 10:55am
I'm seeing double this morning.  Tongue
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Darthhillbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2015 at 11:01am
Yeah, I went back and -1'd Donna's post count. I tried to delete the first one last night, but It posted before I came to my senses and I couldn't delete it after that.

Cry

Also, you do realize that this thread is just another means of responding, right? I mean, post a new thread or post in the existing thread, it's reactionary and by your own admission it's a response that you hope generates some response.

Walks like a duck, talks like a duck, and all that.

One of us... one of us...

Anyway, MrsD's birthday was recently, and all the different little get-togethers have netted extra desserts the last couple of weeks.

Last night was that Coca Cola chocolate cake from Cracker Barrel.

Tonight we're having some friends over, probably more cake, then back to twigs and berries until Thanksgiving.
"It's never too late to choose life...instead of the internet. Just drop the mouse." - Darwin Watterson
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2015 at 11:40am
Originally posted by Darthhillbilly Darthhillbilly wrote:

So, will there be actual and real desserts in this thread?
WinkJust for you, Bubba.
(ConfusedDidn't somethang else have a thing for tasty pubic cakes & creams?) 
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darthhillbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2015 at 12:54pm
Thanks PaW, but if it's all the same to you, I like my hair in a pie. Wink
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2015 at 1:00pm

Thanks PaW, but if it's all the same to you, I like my hair in a pie. Wink
ShockedDon't make me  go there...LOLWink
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2015 at 1:22pm

One might suspect 'tang's little effort of 're-virgining' as a 20 year-old homo from Floriland has run its course. It really ought to take the bone-up and go back to being everyone's favorite little banana boy from Walgreens who has an imaginary girlfriend named Frieda Fist. 

Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darthhillbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2015 at 2:11pm
Nah, he has to keep bringing out the clones because he's afraid the little Publx cake lover was about to be handed some humble pie as his just desserts.

Huh?

Huh?

How's that for keeping on topic?  

LOL
sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2015 at 6:29pm
Originally posted by PaWolf PaWolf wrote:

Everyone is responding, so it is clearly playing with itself in glee as the post count climbs.

Yea, this thread exists just to piss the critter off - wonder if it will report me to FA?

Sole purpose of keeping your post count even.
EEEEts All so REEEdEEEculous
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darthhillbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2015 at 6:40pm
Originally posted by sgtrock21 sgtrock21 wrote:

Sole purpose of keeping your post count even.

Being the balance-upsetting bastard that I am... *responds in the wrong thread* Evil Smile

Originally posted by sgtrock21 sgtrock21 wrote:

I purchased a dozen AA large yesterday for $1.98. If I were willing to endure the hoards at the nearby discount mart I could get the same brand for $1.49. These are from a local farm. We suffered no mass murder of chickens here. I'm guessing the farmers posses the integrity not to jack up prices just because they can.

A couple of weeks ago I saw Grade As for $3.49. Granted that was at a more specialty store and I'm sure the logic there is "We have you here for the sales, but you won't go somewhere else to get eggs, so we'll rape you on those". This week they were $2.49 at Meijer. Coming down a bit, but still pretty expensive for eggs. I should look into whether or not there's a farmer's market nearby.

i8acannibal View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote i8acannibal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2015 at 6:53pm
Eggs are still kicking around  $4 dozen here. Kinda pisses me off because I usually eat a couple dozen in a week. Not now of course. Only get a dozen for the week. 
Say something clever here...

No, I'm too lazy. Imagine it yourself.
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2015 at 6:55pm
Eggs for dessert? Tongue
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2015 at 6:56pm
I don't women with any more eggs...I'm done with food stamps and tax exemptions, doncha know...
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2015 at 7:03pm
I'm looking forward to senior benefits, if there is anything left.
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2015 at 7:19pm

^^^Good point!Confused!!!

'Senior Benefits'? Best ones I know of (and I'm not saying I'm at that point in my life) is the fact you get 'happy meal prices' for soggy, left-over 'food' while the squirt in front of you gets the tasty-looking burger, even if you do have al of your teeth.
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darthhillbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2015 at 7:21pm
Originally posted by aka ron aka ron wrote:

Eggs for dessert? Tongue

Cadbury creme eggs, maybe?
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2015 at 7:25pm
Eggs Benedict are great for brunch or dessert, with champagne...or maybe just a beer,
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2015 at 7:26pm

'Senior Benefits'? Best ones I know of (and I'm not saying I'm at that point in my life) is the fact you get 'happy meal prices' for soggy, left-over 'food' while the squirt in front of you gets the tasty-looking burger, even if you do have al of your teeth.
I've put a little something into social security, I'm not old enough to claim it.
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2015 at 7:50pm

I've put a little something into social security, I'm not old enough to claim it.
Given 'conditions', you only need be 55...but make SURE you set up Social Security Survivor Benefits properly - and soon, even if you, and hope you do, plan on living another 50 years. 
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2015 at 8:30pm
I have some physical problems that would probably qualify me, I've never used unemployment benefits until I moved to Wisconsin.
I don't like doctors or fking insurance companies.
I'm trying to clean up my lifestyle just to live a few more years.
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2015 at 2:21am
I prefer this thread!
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darthhillbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2015 at 2:44am
I was mostly right about tonight's dessert, in that there was cake involved. MrsD's bestie brought over a Graeter's chocolate fantasy ice cream cake. She was in heaven, and that's what's important as it's her birthday. Bit too much chocolate for me though.
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote i8acannibal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2015 at 3:26am

Eggs for dessert? Tongue

Cadbury creme eggs, maybe?

Eggs, eggs, the musical fru.... Wait. That's not right.. Eggs for dessert? Custard or meringue. Sure. Love it.Wink Cadbury creme eggs. Used to love them. Now they seem... Different. Smaller and cheaper tasting. Confused In all seriousness though, I usually have a 4-5 egg omelette or scramble in the morning, or even for dinner. Add on 2 large potatoes cut and fried, bacon, sausage,  or ham, and toast. Mmmm. Then there's always 6 or so hard boiled eggs in the fridge for topping salads, egg salad, or just eating plain with a little salt and pepper. And no, I'm not obese or unhealthy. Although my weight has shifted up to 170 from 140, but that is from one of my meds. I've actually cut down on eating eggs. I used to go through 3 dozen myself in a week. The incredible edible egg. Dammit. Now I'm hungry. 

Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote i8acannibal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2015 at 4:41am

Eggs Benedict are great for brunch or dessert, with champagne...or maybe just a beer,

Thumbs Up 

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic