Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Miscellaneous :: Off-Topic
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Mixed Sports Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NiteRaidah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2016 at 12:27am
BASEBALL

Not at all used to the Yankees being sellers at the trade deadline.  But I can't complain, they weren't going anywhere, just limping around .500.  Got some really good prospects in return, so 2018/19 looks like it could be a blast (especially if they sign Harper to the inevitable half-billion dollar deal).
I have 168 characters remaining.
Sponsored Links

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2016 at 12:44am
Originally posted by NiteRaidah NiteRaidah wrote:

BASEBALL

Not at all used to the Yankees being sellers at the trade deadline.  But I can't complain, they weren't going anywhere, just limping around .500.  Got some really good prospects in return, so 2018/19 looks like it could be a blast (especially if they sign Harper to the inevitable half-billion dollar deal).
That's what I figured as it's now past late time to dump Rodriguez, Teixeira, and Sabathia...why not go all out and sign Harper for one good year and a some city publicity for the next 4 or 5?
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2016 at 9:10pm
The Xfinity series is at the Mid-Ohio road course, a track I have been to on many occasions.

My dad not only raced there, in the later years he served as a race steward and chief steward.

It is raining but they have rain tires, this should be exciting.
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2016 at 6:47pm
Kind of a big day around these parts, for the first time in 30 years, 2 college teams meet at the historic Lambeau Field. The Wisconsin Badgers, who play their home games in Madison, host LSU.
Louisiana State University

This type of stuff makes the chamber of commerce VERY HAPPY!

I will go to '2 TV mode' when that game comes on. That's why I keep a good antenna woking with a converter.
NiteRaidah View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NiteRaidah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2016 at 12:01am
Hell of a good win for Wisconsin.  I didn't think they had a chance in hell, even with the game at Lambeau.  I've been pleased with some of the embryonic chaos with this college football season. Thumbs Up
I have 168 characters remaining.
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2016 at 8:10pm
The racing season is over, the Packers are ranked 3rd of 4 in this division.

It is kinda cool to see them play in the snow. Green Bay 7, Houston 7.
4 minutes left in the 3rd quarter. I doubt we even make the playoffs.

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2017 at 6:49pm
Another member and I were just talking about the sorry state of NASCAR.

After what was a pretty boring race, leave it to this overpaid brat to bring some high drama to an awful event. Kyle Busch (M&Ms uniform) goes after Joey Logano after Joey dumped him on the last lap.

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2017 at 7:54pm
I'm a little surprised my buddy in Florida didn't rub in this last second loss...March Madness.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic