Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Sabra Hummus

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote manither Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Sabra Hummus
    Posted: 01 Sep 2015 at 6:57am

Terrible actors pretending to give real life testimonials.  Starts off by pandering to the hipster/progressive/leftists demographic by briefly showing a gay couple, but not long enough to piss off the conservative/religious nuts.  Next up is your typical juice douche, living up to all kinds of stereotypes, pretending that it was the hummus that gave him his man boobs rather than the roids, and his in-your-face-about-crossfit all over her social media, attention-whore girfriend.  Finally, you've got the most annoying of them all.  The good ole manly man comedian father who wants to put hummus on "meeeeeeeeeat", because that's just how "manly" he is.  Oh you'd eat a piece of bark if I put hummus on it? How about I put some hummus on some raw sewage for you to eat?

Sponsored Links

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2015 at 9:06am
More thoughts.....clicky>>>    Direct Link To This Post Topic: Sabra Hummus- Spread the World
A Millennial View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A Millennial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2015 at 10:51pm
I noticed that too, what was that father trying to prove? "i'd put the hummus on tree bark" basically making fun of the daughter's healthy eating, then wants meat. what an a-hole. 
I am part of the target audience....and I hate it.
the raytownian View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the raytownian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2015 at 7:29pm
I've only seen the version with the dad and daughter, but yeah, gross.

Keep the feel-good/progressive pandering BS out of commercials. This kind of emotional manipulation used in commercials to sell products really disgusts me. Yeah, maybe Sabra's really down with the alternative lifestyle crowd, but we're not that far into accepting them, collectively, as a society, for it not to look like obvious, pussyfooted pandering when they nonchalantly insert queer couples/families into advertisements. If you're gonna do that, at least have some balls and go whole hog with it instead of trying to appease everyone and manipulate them with half-hearted appeals to their sensibilities. It's insulting.

Furthermore, hummus is effing delicious, and it irks me a little that commercials like this make me look like some crunchy, Whole Foods-shopping (we just had one open here last week--I'm scared!) tool for enjoying it. Even worse, there are undoubtedly a lot of people who actually buy into the feel-good BS of this ad, and feel really smug about their "healthy" and "progressive" choice to buy from a brand like Sabra based on it.

Frankly, I'm a very socially liberal person, but I'm really sick of all the self-absorbed Bonos of the world trying to shove how "enlightened" and "caring" they are down everyone's throats. It's so obvious that they only do it for the benefit of their own egos. They're almost always really comfortable, well-off people who treat "activism" (read: being f***ing obnoxious) as a form of atonement for their "privilege".

Long story short: I have some Sabra in the fridge right now, and I'm not likely to stop buying it because I think it tastes good, but screw this and all sappy, manipulative commercials like it.

PS: Could they pick any more stereotypically "gay" guys? And why do you never see bulldykes in commercials? I swear, fit, well-dressed, "metropolitan" gay couples are about as safe as it gets when it comes to that sort of thing in advertising. In a way, it's insulting the entire gay community, to insist on using these token Bravo caricatures for everything.
Darthhillbilly View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darthhillbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2015 at 8:13pm
Originally posted by the raytownian the raytownian wrote:

I've only seen the version with the dad and daughter, but yeah, gross.

Keep the feel-good/progressive pandering BS out of commercials. This kind of emotional manipulation used in commercials to sell products really disgusts me. Yeah, maybe Sabra's really down with the alternative lifestyle crowd, but we're not that far into accepting them, collectively, as a society, for it not to look like obvious, pussyfooted pandering when they nonchalantly insert queer couples/families into advertisements. If you're gonna do that, at least have some balls and go whole hog with it instead of trying to appease everyone and manipulate them with half-hearted appeals to their sensibilities. It's insulting.

Furthermore, hummus is effing delicious, and it irks me a little that commercials like this make me look like some crunchy, Whole Foods-shopping (we just had one open here last week--I'm scared!) tool for enjoying it. Even worse, there are undoubtedly a lot of people who actually buy into the feel-good BS of this ad, and feel really smug about their "healthy" and "progressive" choice to buy from a brand like Sabra based on it.

Frankly, I'm a very socially liberal person, but I'm really sick of all the self-absorbed Bonos of the world trying to shove how "enlightened" and "caring" they are down everyone's throats. It's so obvious that they only do it for the benefit of their own egos. They're almost always really comfortable, well-off people who treat "activism" (read: being f***ing obnoxious) as a form of atonement for their "privilege".

Long story short: I have some Sabra in the fridge right now, and I'm not likely to stop buying it because I think it tastes good, but screw this and all sappy, manipulative commercials like it.

PS: Could they pick any more stereotypically "gay" guys? And why do you never see bulldykes in commercials? I swear, fit, well-dressed, "metropolitan" gay couples are about as safe as it gets when it comes to that sort of thing in advertising. In a way, it's insulting the entire gay community, to insist on using these token Bravo caricatures for everything.

Clap
"It's never too late to choose life...instead of the internet. Just drop the mouse." - Darwin Watterson
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2015 at 8:16pm
When I see the guy with the big guns, it makes me want to do some more push-ups.
Darthhillbilly View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darthhillbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2015 at 8:26pm
Makes me want to do roids until veins pop out of my neck.
"It's never too late to choose life...instead of the internet. Just drop the mouse." - Darwin Watterson
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2015 at 8:34pm
^LOLLOL
I never needed that kind of sh*t to be strong.
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2015 at 4:29am
Originally posted by A Millennial A Millennial wrote:

I noticed that too, what was that father trying to prove? "i'd put the hummus on tree bark" basically making fun of the daughter's healthy eating, then wants meat. what an a-hole. 
Wink*I* think you are misinterpreting that scene, which I happen to dearly love. What you see happening there is identical to the relationship I have with my youngest daughter (actually a few of my children) and it is priceless; the happiest moments of life and I get just as goofy around her and her family & friends...but I mentioned this back in July, too...===>>>Direct Link To This Post
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic