Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Radio Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

RADIO COMMERCIALS WE HATE

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zippyjet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: RADIO COMMERCIALS WE HATE
    Posted: 22 Aug 2015 at 7:58am
I know there've been similar threads but there's always newer disgusting hate commercials on the radio which are as bad as if not worse than the sh*t on TV! Many of these are particular to local radio markets. (Baltimore Metropolitan Area *)
In no order:
1. Geico commercial where old man with creepy pervy voice talks about remembering things from the good old days, especially the one where he mentions the "tuna surprise."
2. Nick "Guido" Vertucci with his slimecock house flipping racket, also to all the other obnoxious hawkers of house flipping.
3. 1-877 Kars For Kids- Nuff Said
4.  * Chesapeake Employers Insurance: Sung by the AWB-AWFUL WHITE BAND. Especially when they sing "waiting fo yo safe return."
5  *Gilchrist Hospice commercials: That music is so depressing it makes you feel mentally in terminal pain.
6. Any radio or for that matter TV commercial that keeps repeating HASHTAG ###.
I approve this message.
Sponsored Links

i8acannibal View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote i8acannibal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2015 at 8:18am
Was this post up earlier? 
Say something clever here...

No, I'm too lazy. Imagine it yourself.
zippyjet View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zippyjet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2015 at 3:19pm

Originally posted by i8acannibal i8acannibal wrote:

Was this post up earlier? 

I posted this on the main forum. Didn't realize we had a separate section for radio commercials.
I approve this message.
MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2015 at 5:19am
Uber has worn out any sympathy I had for them with the saturation of ads they run in my area...
ItsAllTME View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ItsAllTME Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2015 at 10:44pm
Why, State Farm? Why?? They've been bombarding the metro Phoenix area for months with the most asinine radio spots I've ever heard. There's one where a dumb guy calls in asking if they can help him protect his Betty, which, after questioning, is revealed is the name of his mountain bike. Once he's told about renters' insurance, he starts rambling off all sorts of other female names, including Sherry, his guitar. "Screeching Sherry!!!" Idiot.

Then there's the "stuck in the 90s" bit where the husband Zach rattles off one-liner after one-liner. Wazzuuuppppp!!! Raise the roof! $500? Show me the moneeyyy! NOT!!!! If I could reach thru the radio & punch Zach in the throat, I would.

There are several others that aren't quite as awful & annoying, but still enough to make me turn the radio station. I've had State Farm insurance for almost 20 years but I'm ready to cancel them simply because of these ads.
AdAnalyzer View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AdAnalyzer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2015 at 9:10pm
How about those Farmers spots where you think you're covered for your new master bedroom, but all you're covered for is a Murphy bed, whatever the heck that is? They were cute at first, but they're really getting over-played.
Commercials are awesome, except the annoying ones.
crainbebo View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crainbebo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2015 at 6:20am
Any Geico ads. The new one with "Hi, I'm Penny...", the one with the faux 75-year-old commercial, and others.
Progressive - And this is my impression of (insert here). Shut up Flo!
877-KARS-4-KIDS - Yuck!

There's an Ad Council PSA I hate as well. 866-NO-ATTACKS with the Breathe Easies. "Don't smoke in the h-h-h-h-house!" Gag me, stupid dubstep and a waste of government funds.
Back after a long absence...still hating those commercials. Go away Limu Emu and Doug!
zippyjet View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zippyjet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2016 at 10:44pm
There's a new one I despise. I believe it's for Lowes, Home Depot or maybe some gardening products company. Bad singers croak out Mow, mow, mow your weeds to the tune of "Row, Row Your Boat." Need I say more?
I approve this message.
zippyjet View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zippyjet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2016 at 11:04pm
There's a radio add that thankfully will only last two weeks. That's for the second leg of horse racing's triple crown, The Preakness. The radio add is nondescript but what I despise the most is an old commercial crutch which is way out of date: "Come to the People's Horse Race, THE PEOPLE'S PARTY!" Makes me want to strangle whoever created this turd. I'm sorry, when something is referred to as the "People's," I equate it with Commies and The People's Republic of China! Basically like the Derby and the Belmont the Preakness for most people is just an excuse to come dressed half naked and get sh*t faced, especially in the infield. Half of them don't even realize there's a horse race going on. A clever burglar could have his or her pick of houses in Dundalk and Essex (though who would want to?) These areas are borderline trashy. But 75% of them migrate to the other side of the metropolitan area and descend on Pimlico Race Track.
I approve this message.
ggmarie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ggmarie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2017 at 1:57pm
I can"t stand the voice of the woman in radio Walgreen ads! "At the corner of happy and healthy"
You may save more time not waiting in a line, but you definitely spend more money for it as everything is overpriced.
MrCleveland View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrCleveland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2017 at 6:17pm
I hate that Subway Commercial where some guy is heating his lunch and says "I'm going to Subway, forget my meatloaf"!

God...I sooooo hate it and they play it every single day!
Thank God for kids who love Obscure Things.

Lee Hazelwood (1929-2007)
zippyjet View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zippyjet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2018 at 2:30am
Guido slime cock Nick Vertucci is back with another obnoxious radio ad for his flim flam house flipping racket. Instead of mentioning his name he refers to the actor Dean Cain who played Superman. I guess he doesn't want to admit to his scheme or his name is instant turn off.
I approve this message.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic