Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Allstate Safe Driving Bonus Check B*TCH

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote LoLoSalvatore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Allstate Safe Driving Bonus Check B*TCH
    Posted: 21 Aug 2015 at 8:35pm

Every time I see this commercial, and hear this woman gloat about her safe driver bonus check, I want to be there at that restaurant, sitting at the table right behind her, so I can start a slow clap to applaud her on the $11 dollars she received for not getting in an accident this month. Congrats lady, an $11 check that you've been keeping in your purse for JUST the right occasion so that you might humiliate your husband/boyfriend publicly during lunch. It's so old and crinkled up, it's probably past the point where you can cash it now. But that probably doesn't matter to you as much as being "right", does it? And shoving the check in the guy's face saying, "SILENCE" in a scary male baritone voice. I feel sorry for this guy. If that's the way she treats him in public, imagine how things are at home. He probably took her there to buy her a salad and serve her divorce papers. Congratulations on your safe driving bonus check.. and you're still a huge b*tch. (btw: men are superior drivers. Sincerely- a woman.)
Sponsored Links

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2015 at 8:44pm
Welcome to the forum, LOL.
There are some great people here, me not being one of them.
There is a CIH search feature, I recommend a google search with the product name.
Thanks and enjoy the forum.

Direct Link To This Post <<< this is a clicky, I learned it from PaW.
LoLoSalvatore View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LoLoSalvatore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2015 at 10:19pm
In addition to men being superior drivers, they are superior at searches as well.
Rookie mistake!
Won't happen again!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2015 at 10:23pm
Originally posted by LoLoSalvatore LoLoSalvatore wrote:

In addition to men being superior drivers, they are superior at searches as well.
Rookie mistake!
Won't happen again!

Oh, it'll happen again. Our search feature here is kinda quirky.

Sometimes it's actually better to Google a search. Google's much more forgiving. It doesn't care if you put an apostrophe into McDonald's or not.

In this case, I'd do a Google search using the words "commercials I hate allstate".

LoLoSalvatore View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LoLoSalvatore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2015 at 11:24pm
Ahh gotcha.
Thanks for the help.
ProudHeart86 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ProudHeart86 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2015 at 12:33am
Well, there's another woman I want to smack.  With a brick.  
"Out of all the worst possible things, this is the. Worst. Possible. Thing!"
Darthhillbilly View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darthhillbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2015 at 12:47am

Rookie mistake!
Won't happen again!

Nah, I'm a men, and been here for a while, and probably have the worst track record of search successes of anyone here.  LOL
"It's never too late to choose life...instead of the internet. Just drop the mouse." - Darwin Watterson
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2015 at 1:20am

Every time I see this commercial, and hear this woman gloat about her safe driver bonus check, I want to be there at that restaurant, sitting at the table right behind her, so I can start a slow clap to applaud her on the $11 dollars she received for not getting in an accident this month. Congrats lady, an $11 check that you've been keeping in your purse for JUST the right occasion so that you might humiliate your husband/boyfriend publicly during lunch. It's so old and crinkled up, it's probably past the point where you can cash it now. But that probably doesn't matter to you as much as being "right", does it? And shoving the check in the guy's face saying, "SILENCE" in a scary male baritone voice. I feel sorry for this guy. If that's the way she treats him in public, imagine how things are at home. He probably took her there to buy her a salad and serve her divorce papers. Congratulations on your safe driving bonus check.. and you're still a huge b*tch. (btw: men are superior drivers. Sincerely- a woman.)

I...... I...... I think I love you!!!!!! Heart Heart Heart Heart Heart 

Embarrassed

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
i8acannibal View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote i8acannibal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2015 at 1:37am

LOL Well said and welcome to CIH. 
Say something clever here...

No, I'm too lazy. Imagine it yourself.
Commercialsmeh View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Commercialsmeh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2015 at 3:15am
Welcome to the forums! I'm pretty new here myself, but whatever. I can absolutely not stand this commercial. I hate it with a passion, I really want to punch that woman in the face ever time I see her on my tv
"Life can be like a TV show, but without the commercials"
~Anonymous
commercialssuck View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote commercialssuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2015 at 4:44am
God, I hate this bi*tch! Not to condone physical violence, but she really, really needs to be slapped hard! She may think she is a better driver, but she acts like a 6 year old. 
stan319 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stan319 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2015 at 7:10pm
They make it sound like you can buy a house in the country with these checks.
Does anybody have any idea how much money we are talking about ?
Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2015 at 10:32pm
^^^ I don't know but State Farm pays enough for this spiffy pocketbook.
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2015 at 10:48pm
^
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
Calvin View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Calvin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2015 at 10:54pm
$150 for a purse! Dummy! She could have gone to Ross and bought 7 purses for roughly $20 each and have lunch and dinner at a fast food restaurant!
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darthhillbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2015 at 11:22pm
Always so budget-minded, eh?
"It's never too late to choose life...instead of the internet. Just drop the mouse." - Darwin Watterson
Calvin View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Calvin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2015 at 11:34pm
Hey, you gotta be budget minded in this world. $150 could buy a $20 purse, a Revlon lipstick for $11, blush for $11, Cetaphil face wash for $19, moisturizer for $19, Jordana lipliner for $2, Russell Stover chocolates for $10, Southern wine for $4, italian dinner out for $20, and a blouse and top for $40, plus have extra!
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darthhillbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2015 at 11:44pm
You forgot to save something back for a delicious Pubix cake.
Calvin View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Calvin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2015 at 11:55pm
Publix cakes? Why would I be thinking about Publix cakes?
Anduril View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anduril Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2015 at 2:18am

Quote Every time I see this commercial, and hear this woman gloat about her safe driver bonus check, I want to be there at that restaurant, sitting at the table right behind her, so I can start a slow clap to applaud her on the $11 dollars she received for not getting in an accident this month. Congrats lady, an $11 check that you've been keeping in your purse for JUST the right occasion so that you might humiliate your husband/boyfriend publicly during lunch. It's so old and crinkled up, it's probably past the point where you can cash it now. But that probably doesn't matter to you as much as being "right", does it? And shoving the check in the guy's face saying, "SILENCE" in a scary male baritone voice. I feel sorry for this guy. If that's the way she treats him in public, imagine how things are at home. He probably took her there to buy her a salad and serve her divorce papers. Congratulations on your safe driving bonus check.. and you're still a huge b*tch. (btw: men are superior drivers. Sincerely- a woman.)

With advance apologies to gay (or perhaps more accurately, cross-dressing) readers here...

At least he got the baritone treatment over lunch, and not later on when they were making out back at his apartment!! That could be a bit awkward!

FWIW: This male voice-over gimmick is totally stupid anyway.
If you came into this commercial cold, not recognizing Dennis Haysbert's voice and knowing he was the spokesman for AllState, your head would spin. WTF?!

The ONLY reason I can come up with for why the use this "voice-over" thing is that maybe they don't have to pay Dennis as much if they only use his voice? If they used his whole person, he'd have to become a stalker, troll, or an insurance paparazzo to pull off some of these asinine settings.

That said, I guess I wouldn't mind it so much if the voice-over were done by Yoda. "Good hands you are in.", or something like that.

Yeah, definitely better.
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote i8acannibal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2015 at 3:51am
Originally posted by Calvin Calvin wrote:

Hey, you gotta be budget minded in this world. $150 could buy a $20 purse, a Revlon lipstick for $11, blush for $11, Cetaphil face wash for $19, moisturizer for $19, Jordana lipliner for $2, Russell Stover chocolates for $10, Southern wine for $4, italian dinner out for $20, and a blouse and top for $40, plus have extra!

How do you know all these makeup / chick stuff prices? Are these Walgreens prices? Man, I hate Walgreens. CVS has much better prices and customer service. 

Calvin View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Calvin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2015 at 4:16am
I have sisters who are beauty obsessed and are always buying makeup.
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote i8acannibal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2015 at 4:30am
They wouldn't be named Anna, Monica or Sandra, would they? Or how about Nasha?

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2015 at 11:09am

Donathan should add Calvin to his long list of "friends". He'll describe him as the gay, crossdresser of the bunch.

Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darthhillbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2015 at 12:39pm
Originally posted by Calvin Calvin wrote:

I have sisters who are beauty obsessed and are always buying makeup.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic