Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Miscellaneous :: Off-Topic
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

What were you doing this day in 1995?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donathan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What were you doing this day in 1995?
    Posted: 17 Jul 2015 at 3:22pm
A poster on another 1995 CIH thread (my own thread) pointed out that instead of pretending that we are in 1995, I should have started a thread about what we were really doing in 1995. So, thanks for the suggestion, and here is the thread!

In 1995, my College Major was Social Worker. I had to do a Customer Service Course, which I did good in, but I realized I had to do a lot of Advanced Math, which was my weakness. I ended up making Customer Service my Major, rather than just a Course instead.
My name is Donathan, pronounced the same way you pronounce Jonathan, except with a D.๐Ÿ˜€ Hitting on a Lesbian who speaks to you and about you like trash means you're REALLY desperate! ๐Ÿ˜€

Sponsored Links

Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2015 at 4:51pm
1995? All I remember doing is going to elementary school, playing Sonic 2, and shopping at Ames, Bradllees, Caldor, Davidson & Leventhal, Nu Stars, Borders, K-Mart The Farmington Valley Mall and The Naugatuck Valley Mall! I think that covers it!
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2015 at 5:32pm
This day in 1995 is very close, probably within a week or so, of the day I stood up in the middle of a tirade by my boss who was giving me a big, fat ration of sh*t for no reason other than the fact that he was in one of his trademark foul moods & I happened to be a convenient target, told him "I quit" & walked out.

Never went back.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2015 at 5:55pm
I was working my skinny ass off by day, chasing women all night.
We partied like...

Darthhillbilly View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darthhillbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2015 at 6:23pm
I was thinking "20 years from now, I want to throw out a little logic and have it twisted and/or misinterpreted by some twit on the internet so he can then use said manipulated logic for personal attention fetish gratification".

"It's never too late to choose life...instead of the internet. Just drop the mouse." - Darwin Watterson
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2015 at 6:42pm
I was going to say something negative, there is just no getting through to the said subject.
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darthhillbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2015 at 6:44pm
I wasn't trying to get through to him, but since he partially credited me with the creation of this thread, I wanted to go on record as having said that I never intended any such thing.
"It's never too late to choose life...instead of the internet. Just drop the mouse." - Darwin Watterson
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2015 at 6:48pm
See what you did?  LOL

No, I don't blame you.
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darthhillbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2015 at 7:01pm
I'm a monster. I should go.

Donathan View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donathan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2015 at 7:10pm
This idea works out way better than just pretending we are in 1995......
My name is Donathan, pronounced the same way you pronounce Jonathan, except with a D.๐Ÿ˜€ Hitting on a Lesbian who speaks to you and about you like trash means you're REALLY desperate! ๐Ÿ˜€

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2015 at 7:23pm
Originally posted by Donathan Donathan wrote:

Welcome to Donna's world of fantasy and fiction, pull up a chair it's not too late.

Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darthhillbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2015 at 7:40pm
Originally posted by aka ron aka ron wrote:

Welcome to Donna's world of fantasy and fiction, pull up a chair it's not too late.

Actually, I have to agree... this IS a better idea for a thread than the other one.  Wink
Papa Lazarou View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec
Formerly Codtaro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Papa Lazarou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2015 at 7:52pm
No clue.

I don't even remember what I did this day last year, nevermind when I was five years old.
Banana!
BANANA!!
BANANA!!!
BANANA!!
Banana!
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Darthhillbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2015 at 7:54pm

This day in 1995, give or take a few hours, I had just arrived home from work, after a brief stop at a drug store. 

There was still blood on my hands. I had tried to wash it off in the store bathroom, but it had stained my dry, callous skin. The contents of my trunk would have to wait, I really needed to address the bloody hands thing. I worked in the auto industry, so I naturally had some Lava soap in the apartmentโ€ฆ that did the trick. Not a trace of anything left, save for a little grease under a fingernail. The little scissors on my Swiss Army knife made short work of that.

I waited until it got dark and everyone had gone on about their plans for the evening. It was a Tuesday, so most people were just settled in for a nice night of cable TV. I went down to the parking lot and got in my car, and drove to the next town. I found an apartment complex there with no fence around their dumpster, so I backed my car up and opened my trunk.

Loosely wrapped in garbage bags was that son-of-a-bitch cashier who had asked my girlfriend if I was her grandfather. I thought Iโ€™d killed him, having beat his face nearly to a pulp before strangling himโ€ฆ but he started moving. I grabbed my tire tool and went to work on his head, the dull thuds turning to gross squishes after the second or third dozen blowsโ€ฆ I lost count. The movement stopped.

I dragged the guy out of the trunk and dropped him on the ground. I guess I expected him to be more stiff, but he crumpled like a pair of sweat pants stuffed with scrambled eggs. A second-floor light came on and I panicked. I jumped back into my car and sped off, leaving the bag of dead guy laying in a puddle of dead guy blood.

That was twenty years ago. Iโ€™m pretty sure I got away with it. Hell, Iโ€™ve even become a regular at the Walgreens where I ran into the guy. There was some short bit on the news about the police finding a body, but they never identified him. Thank goodness for 1995 forensics.

Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2015 at 9:55pm
shock

nervous laughter

astonished
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darthhillbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2015 at 10:10pm
What do you expect? 

Darth = Sith = Evil

Evil Smile
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2015 at 10:15pm
Got it!
Donathan View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donathan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2015 at 11:03pm
Well, Darth, I wasn't working at Walgreens in 1995, so......

Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darthhillbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2015 at 11:04pm

Well, Darth, I wasn't working at Walgreens in 1995, so......

See? Now who's not playing along and sucking the fun out of it?
Donathan View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donathan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2015 at 11:22pm
Okay, Darth, I'll play along. You thought you killed the guy, but he started moving, so you hit him again. He decided to get some street smarts and just stopped moving, and just played possum. When you thought he was dead, you left him there. He got up, and put a life sized dummy in his place. The authorities could not identify the body because it was just a life sized dummy.

The guy who you attacked changed his name, his hair color, wore different colored contacts, and went to another State , knowing you tried to kill him..

Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darthhillbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2015 at 1:33am
Too little, too late, Donna. I'm taking my ball and going home.

Angry

Besides, now you're God moding. How could he still be alive when I beat his skull with a tire iron until it was mush? Where did he get a dummy? And how... even with 1995 forensics... did the cops mistake a dummy for a human body?

Donathan View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donathan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2015 at 1:51am
Darth, this guy is hard to kill.... He's survived multiple death attempts....        . .   

Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darthhillbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2015 at 1:57am
Donna, skull + mush = dead.

LOL
MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2015 at 4:32am
Quote What  Who were you doing this day in 1995?

Can't remember her name, but she was a cute blonde.  Big smile
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2015 at 4:53am
Originally posted by MrTim MrTim wrote:

Quote Whatย  Who were you doing this day in 1995?

ย 

Can't remember her name, but she was a cute blonde.ย  Big smile

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic