Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Miscellaneous :: Recommended / Not Recommended
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Lays Do Us A Flavor - 2015

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aleen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Lays Do Us A Flavor - 2015
    Posted: 15 Jul 2015 at 11:39pm
So Lay's released the new "Do Us A Flavor" test chips today!!!  I actually had this marked on my calendar!  LOL  I have not tried them yet, but I will.  I posted here to get the ball rolling!  

So this year's flavors are (drumroll):

Biscuits and Gravy
Truffle Fries
NY Reuben 
and
Gyro!!!

I want to try them all!  They sound amazing!  I went to Stop and Shop today and....nothing.  No chips, no display, no event, no news cameras, no ribbon cutting, no minor celebrities.  Screw you, Stop and Shop!!!  So yes, I will be trying all four flavors!!!  Tongue
"Did somebody say 'muffins?'" Hazel from the Magic Bullet infomercial
Sponsored Links

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2015 at 11:48pm

I saw their cappuccino-flavored chips at The Dollar Tree a year or so ago. I don't like coffee so I didn't even consider trying them.

aleen View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aleen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2015 at 12:05am
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

I saw their cappuccino-flavored chips at The Dollar Tree a year or so ago. I don't like coffee so I didn't even consider trying them.

I don't like coffee either, and they were nasty!!  Walk away!  Walk far away when you see Cappuccino chips!!!  Mr. Aleen loves coffee and chips and even he hated these!  They don't belong together!!  Ever!
Darthhillbilly View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darthhillbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2015 at 1:05am
I'm a biscuits and gravy snob, so that one holds no interest for me. Hate sauerkraut, so that one's a no-go.

Truffle? As in that mushroom thing that pigs root out? I dunno.

Gyro, maybe.
"It's never too late to choose life...instead of the internet. Just drop the mouse." - Darwin Watterson
aleen View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aleen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2015 at 1:54am
Originally posted by Darthhillbilly Darthhillbilly wrote:

I'm a biscuits and gravy snob, so that one holds no interest for me. Hate sauerkraut, so that one's a no-go.

Gyro, maybe.

Awwww man!!!  These chips just weren't made for you!  Unhappy  That was like last year's chips for me!  I choked down one wasabi chip.  A few of the mango salsa ones and one cappuccino chip...just to say I tried them!  But that was tough going!  The bacon mac and cheese ones rocked, though!
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2015 at 2:35am
At least this year's seem more palitable! The cappachino chips were TERRIBLE, and that's from someone who ACTUALLY LIKES COFFEE!

Frankly, my vote is for rueben I love that sandwich!
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
verminstew View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote verminstew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2015 at 3:17am
I can't wait to get my mitts on a bag of the Gyro flavor.
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darthhillbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2015 at 10:55am
Originally posted by aleen aleen wrote:

Originally posted by Darthhillbilly Darthhillbilly wrote:

Gyro, maybe.

Awwww man!!!  These chips just weren't made for you!  Unhappy  That was like last year's chips for me!  I choked down one wasabi chip.  A few of the mango salsa ones and one cappuccino chip...just to say I tried them!  But that was tough going!  The bacon mac and cheese ones rocked, though!

I never saw last year's batch around here, so I didn't get to try any of them. I suppose I'd try any of them if someone else bought the bag and offered.

LOL
"It's never too late to choose life...instead of the internet. Just drop the mouse." - Darwin Watterson
Donathan View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donathan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2015 at 11:52am
The Sriacha chips were extremely good(tasted like spicy tomato) and I thought it should have won. I don't know how Garlic Cheese won. Garlic Cheese tasted better than the Chicken and Waffles, but not better than Sriacha....
My name is Donathan, pronounced the same way you pronounce Jonathan, except with a D.😀 Hitting on a Lesbian who speaks to you and about you like trash means you're REALLY desperate! 😀

Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darthhillbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2015 at 12:23pm
Originally posted by Donathan Donathan wrote:

The Sriacha chips were extremely good(tasted like spicy tomato) and I thought it should have won. I don't know how Garlic Cheese won. Garlic Cheese tasted better than the Chicken and Waffles, but not better than Sriacha....

That's just a matter of personal taste and opinion, obviously more people liked the garlic and cheese than liked the sriracha. I personally don't like the taste of sriracha, so I'm betting I'd have preferred the garlic cheese. Same goes if you happen to not like garlic, you'd hate that chip.

Garlic cheese just sounds more like a flavor that would work with a chip. You already have cheese chips, just add a little garlic and it's a garlic toast chip. 

Donathan View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donathan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2015 at 1:24pm
Good point, Darth. I guess garlic cheese is more widely accepted than Sriacha....
My name is Donathan, pronounced the same way you pronounce Jonathan, except with a D.😀 Hitting on a Lesbian who speaks to you and about you like trash means you're REALLY desperate! 😀

Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darthhillbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2015 at 2:15pm
Originally posted by Donathan Donathan wrote:

Good point, Darth. I guess garlic cheese is more widely accepted than Sriacha....

Stop agreeing with me, it makes me have to rethink my thinking.

LOL
i8acannibal View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote i8acannibal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2015 at 5:09pm
I'll try the reuben and biscuits and gravy ones. The last round they did, I tried the chicken and waffle, mac and cheese, the Sriracha, and the most gag worthy of the bunch, the cappuccino. The only one that I actually liked was the chicken and waffles. 
Say something clever here...

No, I'm too lazy. Imagine it yourself.
aleen View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aleen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2015 at 12:44am
OK, I've tried them!  And I rank them as follows:

1.  Biscuits and Gravy
2.  Truffle Fries
3.  NY Reuben
and
4.  Gyro

It's almost as if I had ESP listing them in that order before even trying them!  The gyro flavoured chips are the ones I actually didn't like.  The rest of them were pretty good!  So I'm done for another year!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2015 at 3:30pm

Which "truffles" are they flavored like?

These?

Or these?

Considering the flavors they've come up with, it wouldn't surprise me either way.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2015 at 5:02pm
The truffle flavored chips ought to be Ruffles.

Because as we all know, Truffles Have Tridges.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2015 at 5:35pm

They could make a steak-flavored kettle chip, and call it Kattle Chips.

Cow Chips probably wouldn't work.

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2015 at 5:57pm
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

The truffle flavored chips ought to be Ruffles.

Because as we all know, Truffles Have Tridges.

LOLLOL
I have no tribble with that line of thinking.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2015 at 5:59pm
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

They could make a steak-flavored kettle chip, and call it Kattle Chips.

Cow Chips probably wouldn't work.

Or.... they could make a pork shoulder flavored chip & call them

Chips on a Shoulder.

Or they could make some that look like these guys...

...and call them...

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender

C'mon, man!
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2015 at 6:02pm
Originally posted by aka ron aka ron wrote:

LOLLOL
I have no tribble with that line of thinking.

Something fishy about that idea...

C'mon, man!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2015 at 6:14pm
^LOL
Yeah, Chips on a Shoulder got a good laugh here though.
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2015 at 6:52pm
You guys!
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2015 at 8:04pm
I've seen the big chip displays already. Think if I want 'buscuits & gravy', that's what I'll get - not flavored chips. The whole concept seems silly to me.
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
msmadz View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
8+ years on CIH

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msmadz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2015 at 8:09pm
Im a purist potato chip eater. Just a regular bag of lays makes me happy. No flavors please. Never even liked sour cream and chives but will eat them in a pinch.

I dont eat potato chips that often. Theyre a treat for me so I stick to my favorites.
The artist formerly known as Madawee

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2015 at 8:32pm
I think Lays potato chips are making me fat.
Maybe it's the fried fish I am about to purchase.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic