Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Back to School s--t is back!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote crainbebo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Back to School s--t is back!
    Posted: 13 Jul 2015 at 7:12pm
I don't believe it. Just saw this one for K-Mart with the "Not a Christmas Commercial" lady this morning, 7/13/2015. Only 43 days until the school bells ring and the buses drop off kids in Yakima, and I'm already getting bombarded by not only newspaper ads for back to school, but now TV ads. Son of a bleep! 

-crainbebo
Back after a long absence...still hating those commercials. Go away Limu Emu and Doug!
Sponsored Links

Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2015 at 7:21pm
Gag! Her voice is like an electric drill drilling through my ear into my skull. Leave me alone K-Mart! They'll be pushing this crap in June pretty soon.
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2015 at 7:35pm
Lord help me from short summers eves.
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2015 at 7:55pm
Just saw the B2S display at the Dollar Tree this morning.

I'm actually happy to see it.

Makes me feel like fall is that much closer.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2015 at 12:55am
^You've obviously never experienced a New England Winter.
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2015 at 1:04am
Been through a few Long Island winters.

Back when I was a kid, though.

But after a typical Florida summer, the thought of a cool, comfy fall sounds mighty good.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender

C'mon, man!
Darthhillbilly View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darthhillbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2015 at 1:28am
Most schools around here start back up in just about 30 days, but I haven't started seeing the ads yet.

"It's never too late to choose life...instead of the internet. Just drop the mouse." - Darwin Watterson
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2015 at 1:33am
August 24th around here.

C'mon, man!
Darthhillbilly View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darthhillbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2015 at 1:35am
God daughter goes back on the 17th, I remember back in my day it was September before we went back.
"It's never too late to choose life...instead of the internet. Just drop the mouse." - Darwin Watterson
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2015 at 2:23am
I think we went back around the last week of August.

Been so long, I have almost no recollection.

I know it was still hot as hell.

C'mon, man!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2015 at 2:32am

For me, it was always 2 days after Veteran's Day. In California, it's mid-August sometime. But in California, the school year ends earlier, too.

i8acannibal View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote i8acannibal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2015 at 2:58am
Originally posted by Ad nauseous Ad nauseous wrote:

^You've obviously never experienced a New England Winter.

Agreed. Here it's like 6-7 months of winter, and the few months left for everything else.Ouch
Say something clever here...

No, I'm too lazy. Imagine it yourself.
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2015 at 2:59am
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

For me, it was always 2 days after Veteran's Day. In California, it's mid-August sometime. But in California, the school year ends earlier, too.

Wow.... you didn't start back to school until November 13th???????

Day-um!!!

Your last day of school musta been around LABOR DAY.

Hint hint.

C'mon, man!
crainbebo View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crainbebo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2015 at 3:44am
Monroe School District WA - September 10th start time for 2015-2016!!! One of the latest first days I've ever seen. That is 3 days after a late Labor Day, 9/7.
Where I live in Yakima, August 25th.

-crainbebo
Back after a long absence...still hating those commercials. Go away Limu Emu and Doug!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2015 at 4:01am
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

Wow.... you didn't start back to school until November 13th???????

Day-um!!!

Your last day of school musta been around LABOR DAY.

Hint hint.

Must be getting senile.

sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2015 at 3:53pm

Sounds right for Labor Day. Veteran's Day is Nov 11. Of course nothing in NJ would surprise me. It's illegal to pump your own gas! Oh wait!
EEEEts All so REEEdEEEculous
msmadz View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
8+ years on CIH

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msmadz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2015 at 4:16pm
I've noticed right after the Fourth of July they start bombarding us with that Back to School sh*t. School ends late June (June 25 this year I think) so 10 days later they start cramming BACK TO SCHOOL. Sheesh.
The artist formerly known as Madawee

i8acannibal View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote i8acannibal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2015 at 4:32pm
The back to school stuff seems normal. What seems odd now is this Christmas in July mess going on. I first noticed it on the Hallmark channel. Now they're doing the Christmas in July thing ending with some Thanksgiving celebration. WTF? Can't we just have a normal summer without thinking about winter and holiday bs? 
Say something clever here...

No, I'm too lazy. Imagine it yourself.
sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2015 at 4:33pm
Originally posted by msmadz msmadz wrote:

I've noticed right after the Fourth of July they start bombarding us with that Back to School sh*t. School ends late June (June 25 this year I think) so 10 days later they start cramming BACK TO SCHOOL. Sheesh.

I wont be terribly surprised when back to school ad campaigns start before school is out.
EEEEts All so REEEdEEEculous
crainbebo View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crainbebo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2015 at 1:21am
June 11th was the last day where I live for 2014-2015. Just wait until about 2020, June 10th I'll start seeing ads for back to school!
We'll start seeing X-Mas ads on August 1st, and people will be lining up in droves by Wal*Mart and K-Mart for "Black November 1st Sales". 9PM on Halloween!

I wouldn't be surprised if some bimbo chain starts Black Friday on 12AM Thanksgiving morning (and I mean THURSDAY 12AM, just after Wednesday 11:59PM). So much frickin greed.
Let's hope K-Mart doesn't shove "school bus is my limo" or "lunch lady rap" in our face this year. I've already quit shopping at K-Mart due to the ghetto trash commercials.

-crainbebo
crash1984 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crash1984 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2015 at 9:18am
Saw an ad Monday morning for some optical place in town where they had kids doing an annoying back to school dance and said to see the entire dance go to their website. I would post the video but since it is not on the website...
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2015 at 5:56pm
Is it me or the K-Mart lady and the Cox lady in the "house has slow internet" the same person?
crainbebo View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crainbebo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2015 at 7:55pm
Gag! Now Famous Footwear uses "Auld Lang Syne" to introduce a "Happy New (School) Year" in this latest puke-fest. I am not ready yet! AngryAngry

Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2015 at 8:04pm
The basatards!!!!!!

Stop making me think about WINTER! Jackasses!

I'm so glad I don't have to go to school anymore!
msmadz View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
8+ years on CIH

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msmadz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2015 at 8:41pm
Dammit speaking of K Mart, I meant to stop in there today and get a shower liner.
The artist formerly known as Madawee

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic