Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Miscellaneous :: Off-Topic
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

On the Road Again...

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: On the Road Again...
    Posted: 11 Jul 2015 at 7:30pm
WinkBig smileGot me a brand-new, souped-up, fully-loaded, jet-black Chevy Cruz to go home in...Mama's new Blackillac - or we'll dump it up there. She doesn't know - figured it would be a nice gesture...

I got the SilverBacked parents some nice parting gifts (I'll be gone a week as the return transition starts - then lots of back & forth), also (Nutella cheesecake & huge Orzo salad, made a large batch of Wolfy Guacamole.

Performed the Dadly checkup on all the pups and ensured they

...and I got me a CD treat at Barnes & Noble! They had the first 5 Little Feat CD's bundled up, brand new, for $7.99Big smile. One set - and I got it - the 'Lowell George Days'.
...the transition period will last awhile - will tend to resemble the way it all started a few years ago when I was using Greyhound to go back & forth.

Then, as of a few days ago, the 'family transition and parental oversight' expands

UnhappyDisapprove

Our youngest daughter - the 'X-games' athlete and extremely successful businesswoman, ended up in a Seattle hospital on life support after a full-body seizure from an etremely rare/no cure-condition (Rhabdomyolsis) that almost shut her kidneys down.
She's o.k. now, but not allowed to leave the hospital as life is being redefined for her.
By nature, she's an extremely intense individual, which they will not let her remain. She says she is me in a woman's body, that we're identical and has no idea how she can survive what they are telling her she will need to do, how she is to adjust her life. Yea, she is also the one with the Sphynx.

"Daddy! You need to come to Seattle! Take care of me and pay my hospital bills!..." (uh....Homey don't play 'da Hospital Bills...).

Why not ask her MOTHER?!

Believe it or not...she had her older brother called first - he called her older sisters...
3 of the five pups ganged up on the phones at 3:30 A.M. and conference called me, filling me in and chewing me out for taking too long to answer the phone (almost 15 minutes).
"We didn't want to call Mom or Youngest Son as she is their hero and would devistate them both - YOU call them and take care of the hospital business..."

Well, I've got a grip on all of this, got everyone in line, and everything is calm.
Except I decided to turn the tables on the lil'bastards that chewed my butt for nothing.
I told them they all better start worrying and get checked for the condition, or they'll all die.
Cry (LOLdon't screw with PaW...but they BETTER do it!).

Well, I'm signing off for a day or so and hope life treats all wel.

X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Sponsored Links

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2015 at 8:19pm
That car should have some serious  Sirius/XM.

The best road song of all time.

msmadz View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
8+ years on CIH

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msmadz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2015 at 11:43pm
Oh sweet Jesus, Pa, thoughts and prayers going your way. Good luck on EVERYTHING, trip North, and the eventual trip west. Keep me posted.

(and dammit, a Chevy Cruz is my next dream car when I dump - er, trade in - the Kia).
The artist formerly known as Madawee

sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2015 at 12:00am
Originally posted by aka ron aka ron wrote:

"It's half past 4 and I'm shiftin' gears." I always shift gears. I can't help it.
EEEEts All so REEEdEEEculous
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2015 at 1:37am
Originally posted by aka ron aka ron wrote:

I saw those guys play in a small club near here back in 1983.

Right when their song When the Bullet Hits the Bone was on MTV.

Some years earlier, around '74 I saw them open for some other band like Santana, I think. That was a stadium show & not as good as the small club.

In the club show, they looked like they had been doing some really serious drugs before the show.

They just had that look.

Played awesome, too. Really tight.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2015 at 12:41pm

Agreed. If someone asked me "best driving song", that's the first that would come to mind.

Autobahn by Kraftwerk is another one. It's best listened to on a freeway around 1 am.

Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2015 at 2:54am
I'm surprised that the title didn't bring up the Willie Nelson song "On The Road Again"...
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2015 at 7:18pm

'daCruz has XM and it was locked & loaded on Little Stevie's Garage.

(Agreed about Golden Earring. When 'Radar Love' came out, we lived in West Germany and everyone knew nobody in the band spoke a lick of English...)
~~~
Daughter on the mend, but it includes major lifestyle changes.
~~~
The following pretty new little cut was on my favorites list until they couldn't quit playing it (and there are actually other great songs on same CD).

'daCruze started down The Northern Tier Expressway (which is a 30 mile straightaway) about midnight, on its way to the Missus when I noticed it fishtails a bit at 115, but hugs the ground well...wish I could say I did it intentionally...but I had suffered a momentary snoozle,.  
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic