Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Miscellaneous :: Off-Topic
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

What are you listening to right now (or last)?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 163>
Author
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
Formerly AngryMcPisseron

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angry McPisseron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2008 at 7:29pm
For the last hour or so, I've been "hearing" the song "Can't Keep My Eyes off of You" - the song on the SpongeBob SquarePants episode "To Love a Patty".

Sponsored Links

FaithSF View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FaithSF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2008 at 7:36pm
I've been overdosing on Crosby, Stills & Nash since my sister took me to see them in July.  God, all those years I've wasted NOT listening to them (since the 70s)!  What a waste!

There's a song, Delta, that has harmonies so tight and sweet, it raises goosebumps and brings tears.  I kid you not.
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2008 at 9:31pm
CNN "The Situation Room"

My House "the Washer"

HP Pavilion mx70 "The fan"

My Mom "voice"

The Furnace "Noise"

Ron Paul "Mouth"

Computer "typing"

Dishes "Rattling"

Outside "some random noise" sounds like "Someone Tossing Something In The truck bed" good song.

Chair "wheels Rolling"

Ralph Nader "Mouth"

In The Distance"Car Engine"

In My Head "I Don't Need To Walk around in Circles" and a little bit of the "Hamster Dance Song" (original)
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
aleen View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aleen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2008 at 12:36am

The song "Looks, Looks, Looks" by Sparks.  I'm worried I may be obsessed with this band.  Confused

"Did somebody say 'muffins?'" Hazel from the Magic Bullet infomercial
Yutolia View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yutolia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2008 at 1:30am
Gustav Holst, "The Planets" (currently on "Jupiter")

btw, anybody seen RichardWagner?
"Xbox Live is an online homophobia club for pre-teen Tourette’s sufferers." - Brockway, Cracked.com
danfabulous View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote danfabulous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2008 at 12:16pm

Listening to a Europian band called "ULVER" it's more on acoustics at the start but loud in the

end.It's something different...We did a music video for a local band here in the Phil too,named

"Junior Kilat"I am listening of the band next.Their genre is more on reggae too..Hope you can

check it www.filmschool.ph
Angry McPisseron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
Formerly AngryMcPisseron

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angry McPisseron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2008 at 12:43pm
Well, what did you expect I'd be listening to?
If you guessed Billy Squier "Don't Say No", then go get stinking drunk and then wonder why there are at least "too daze gone" from your memory.

Kiss "Dynasty".

I want to listen to the song "I was Made for Loving You".
This is one of the few albums I've purchased for just one song; this is that song on this album. Wink

Big Momma View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
I donated.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Momma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2008 at 1:05pm
Originally posted by yutolia yutolia wrote:

Gustav Holst, "The Planets" (currently on "Jupiter")

btw, anybody seen RichardWagner?
I ADORE "The Planets"! There is an English hymn to the tune of Jupiter, it's called, "I Vow To Thee My Country" one of my favorites.
Yutolia View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yutolia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2008 at 2:02pm
Cool!Smile
"Xbox Live is an online homophobia club for pre-teen Tourette’s sufferers." - Brockway, Cracked.com
Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2008 at 2:32am
Listening to Alice in Chains right now. As for Richard Wagner, I don't think he came over from the "other" place.
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
Formerly AngryMcPisseron

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angry McPisseron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2008 at 1:43pm
If you guessed Kiss "Dynasty", then go paint big stars on your face and then go start smashing things like bass axes (bass guitars), effects pedals, drums, preamps, amps, microphone stands, lights, ladders, freestanding walls, and things like that.

ELO "Out of the Blue".

I want to listen to the songs "Steppin' Out", "Mr. Blue Sky", and "The Whale".

msmadz View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
8+ years on CIH

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msmadz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2008 at 7:51pm
I am listening to a co-worker yelling at the coffee machine - he is just too damn funny I am sitting here in tears!
The artist formerly known as Madawee

Honor Roll
Honor Roll
Formerly AngryMcPisseron

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angry McPisseron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2008 at 1:22pm
If you guessed ELO "Out of the Blue", then go...well...I don't know what you need to do while listening to this music...drown a whale I guess.

The theme songs from Viva Piñata, seasons 1 and 2.

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2008 at 3:33pm
Chris Youlden & Savoy Brown, "Needle and Spoon"  (Let's see Kid Rock cover THAT - or, well, maybe not...); kind of a cross between the blues combined with 'Tower of Power', and Bill Hall, on piano...GOOD STUFF! 
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2008 at 3:47pm
Originally posted by aleen aleen wrote:

The song "Looks, Looks, Looks" by Sparks.  I'm worried I may be obsessed with this band.  Confused

Maybe one day you can Kimono My House and we'll listen to some Sparks.  God, I love that band, Aleen!  Probably one of my top 5 of all time.  Their 70's stuff, mainly.

I've been trying to figure out what Equator is all about now for the past 30+ years.  You know it's about something other than just being stood up.  Or maybe not, but many of their songs seem to often have some sort of historical or other subtext; it's just a matter of figuring out what it is.  Sometimes it takes a while.  Eventually, it'll dawn on you.  Not Equator, though.  Maybe I'm just looking for something that's not there.  But that's Sparks' fault.

I always felt that I had quit a gift as a judge of human character
This is the day and the time and the place
And I wonder, wonder where you are
Surely, we set it for 3pm
Surely, we said it was March the 10th (Equator, Equator)
You said you'd meet me there
You must be just around the bend

(etc., etc.,)

CatWoman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CatWoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2008 at 3:53pm
We're having a peaceful morning here with the exception of an occasional shotgun blast from a neighbor's house.  Deer hunting season is coming soon - they have to be ready to poach.....

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2008 at 4:12pm
Originally posted by MrsHill MrsHill wrote:

We're having a peaceful morning here with the exception of an occasional shotgun blast from a neighbor's house.  Deer hunting season is coming soon - they have to be ready to poach.....
Can you tell if it is happening from indoors, or outdoors?
Deer, or 'Dear'?
Confused
Should we all call someone?
CatWoman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CatWoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2008 at 4:18pm
It's outdoors, thankfully.  Target practice is very common around here. 

Imagine how I felt moving from the Chicago area to here!  Everytime I heard a shotgun blast, I wanted to hit the floor and call 911........I'm used to it now.  Lots of hunters in the area; acres and acres of state land.....

Fang View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2008 at 7:08am
I'm listening to the sound of the keys 'clicking' as I type, and Radiohead's 'In Rainbows' is playing on my PC.
Smile
aleen View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aleen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2008 at 1:22pm
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

Maybe one day you can Kimono My House and we'll listen to some Sparks.  God, I love that band, Aleen!  Probably one of my top 5 of all time.  Their 70's stuff, mainly.

I've been trying to figure out what Equator is all about now for the past 30+ years.  You know it's about something other than just being stood up.  Or maybe not, but many of their songs seem to often have some sort of historical or other subtext; it's just a matter of figuring out what it is.  Sometimes it takes a while.  Eventually, it'll dawn on you.  Not Equator, though.  Maybe I'm just looking for something that's not there.  But that's Sparks' fault.

I always felt that I had quit a gift as a judge of human character
This is the day and the time and the place
And I wonder, wonder where you are
Surely, we set it for 3pm
Surely, we said it was March the 10th (Equator, Equator)
You said you'd meet me there
You must be just around the bend

(etc., etc.,)

Oh, Thor!  Somehow I had a feeling that you, too were a Sparks fan!  I would Kimono Your House, but I fear that "This town ain't big enough for the both of us!"  And, of course, I ain't gonna be the one to leave!  LOLLOL

Their songs just mess with my head so much (in a good way!!)  Equator is no exception.  I know what you mean about looking for something else that "may" be there hidden within the context of the song.  How I would love to talk to the Mael brothers over drinks to ask them about pretty much every song they have!  I have an unhealthy lust for Russell Mael, so perhaps if we hook up one day, he can spill the beans on everything!  LOLLOL  Or perhaps he won't hook up with me because I don't have the songs figured out for myself!  Cry
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
Formerly AngryMcPisseron

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angry McPisseron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2008 at 3:16pm
If you guessed the theme songs from Viva Piñata, then repeatedly hit yourself *HARD* with a big stick (a baseball bat will do in a pinch) and see if candy comes out.

Kraftwerk "Trans-Europe Express".
I wanted to listen to the songs "Europe Endless", "The Hall of Mirrors", "Showroom Dummies", and "Trans-Europe Express".

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2008 at 10:59pm

Oh, Thor!  Somehow I had a feeling that you, too were a Sparks fan!  I would Kimono Your House, but I fear that "This town ain't big enough for the both of us!"  And, of course, I ain't gonna be the one to leave!  LOLLOL

Their songs just mess with my head so much (in a good way!!)  Equator is no exception.  I know what you mean about looking for something else that "may" be there hidden within the context of the song.  How I would love to talk to the Mael brothers over drinks to ask them about pretty much every song they have!  I have an unhealthy lust for Russell Mael, so perhaps if we hook up one day, he can spill the beans on everything!  LOLLOL  Or perhaps he won't hook up with me because I don't have the songs figured out for myself!  Cry

Can I assume you know what Talent is an Asset is about, Aleen? 

If you can't Kimono My House, feel free to PM me and share some Propaganda re Sparks anytime.  It's not often you find people who've even heard of this band, let alone can f*ckin' even stand 'em.  LOL

Here's a review of Sparks latest album.  Interesting take on the band.  I think the reviewer likes it, but sometimes it's hard to tell.

Check out Paul McCartney on keyboards in his Coming Up video:

Got some yard work to do.  Think I'll listen to their first two albums while I do it.  I hope I don't start sneezing.

aleen View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aleen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2008 at 1:52am
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

Can I assume you know what Talent is an Asset is about, Aleen? 

I think so.....unless once again, I'm not digging deep enough into the brains of the Brothers Mael!

If you can't Kimono My House, feel free to PM me and share some Propaganda re Sparks anytime.  It's not often you find people who've even heard of this band, let alone can f*ckin' even stand 'em.  LOL

You bet!  Big%20smile  It' a shame that more people aren't fans of theirs.  Many people cite them as an influence, but they never seemed to get the recognition that they really deserved (except in England).  I think they're simply awesome!  When music makes me think that much, I'm putty in their hands!  It doesn't hurt that their style is soooooooooooooo offbeat, either!  They're this quirky girl's dream come true!

Here's a review of Sparks latest album.  Interesting take on the band.  I think the reviewer likes it, but sometimes it's hard to tell.

Yikes!  That's a bit nasty!  I actually rather liked this album, as well as their most recent one (they just released one earlier this year).  I love their unpredictability and they sure keep everyone guessing as to what they'll come up with next, don't they!

Check out Paul McCartney on keyboards in his Coming Up video:

That's too funny!  I loved this song as a child, but obviously had no idea that he was paying "tribute" to Ron Mael!!  I love it!  LOL 

Got some yard work to do.  Think I'll listen to their first two albums while I do it.  I hope I don't start sneezing.

"Never turn your back on Mother Earth", Thor LOL  OK OK OK, I'll stop!!  Now that I have "Beat The Clock" going through my head!

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2008 at 2:12am

I don't wanna start hijacking the thread with my ruminations of Sparks ('cause I very easily could), but you may have already concluded that Talent is an Asset is about Albert Einstein (thus the relatives, non-relatives, parentheticals, receptacles, etc.).  Bon Voyage is Noah's Ark from the standpoint of the animals who couldn't get on.  Tryouts for the Human Race is about sperm.  And on and on. 

Never Turn Your Back on Mother Earth is one helluva pretty song.

I didn't realize they have a new album.  I'll have to look into that.  Thanks for the tip!

Honor Roll
Honor Roll
Formerly AngryMcPisseron

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angry McPisseron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2008 at 1:29pm
If you guessed Kraftwerk "Trans-Europe Express", then go overseas, tie yourself to some train tracks in Austria, and patiently wait for the Trans-Europe Express - hoping the brave little choo-choo is moving really, REALLY fast at the time.
"Armageddon over Wacken" - a heavy metal compilation album comprising of three CDs.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 163>
  Share Topic