Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Bath Fitter ad with annoying shetard....

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Bath Fitter ad with annoying shetard....
    Posted: 12 Jun 2015 at 4:18am
It's annoying enough that this stupid ad is about some cheap-ass plastic bathtub slip cover, but the dopey looking gal doing all the gabbing about it just makes it more impossible to bear.

She's so pleased with herself because she's got the same bathroom she had before, only now it's covered in cheap-ass plastic.

Then she gushes about how...."Changing your bathroom can change your life!!!"

Really????? Your life must have sucked BIG TIME!!!!

And what is with this crap?....

Why does she look like she's trying to stab herself in the chest with her own hand??

GTFOH, ditz.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
Sponsored Links

commercialssuck View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote commercialssuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2015 at 4:28am
Yep, I have been seeing this one alot, and she is quite annoying. I LOVE the line...changing your bathroom can change your life!! Hahahahaha!!!! What a bunch of crap! Of course, this is a commercial aimed at women (all the actors are female) looking to elicit an emotional response so they will go spend money they don't have on a new tub that will......CHANGE YOUR LIFE!!!

I do, however kind of like the idea of bath fitter (don't know what kind of quality they are). But putting a new shell over your old tub I think is a really great idea.

Of course, now because of the stupid ass commercial, I will have to boycott them so I'll never know if it's any good or not.
i8acannibal View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote i8acannibal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2015 at 10:50am
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

It's annoying enough that this stupid ad is about some cheap-ass plastic bathtub slip cover, but the dopey looking gal doing all the gabbing about it just makes it more impossible to bear.

She's so pleased with herself because she's got the same bathroom she had before, only now it's covered in cheap-ass plastic.

Then she gushes about how...."Changing your bathroom can change your life!!!"

Really????? Your life must have sucked BIG TIME!!!!

And what is with this crap?....

Why does she look like she's trying to stab herself in the chest with her own hand??

GTFOH, ditz.

I wish that she was a self hating and suicidal Wolverine when she does that.
Say something clever here...

No, I'm too lazy. Imagine it yourself.
Darthhillbilly View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darthhillbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2015 at 11:06am
"I live in a house that was built in the '60s, when people were experimenting with all kinds of things... including colors. My old bath tub was one of those color experiments. I loved everything about our house, except for one thing... the avocado tub. It reminded me of the inside of a diaper that had gotten filled by a baby sick on strained peas... so every time I'd bathe, I'd get so disgusted by the thought, that no matter how hard I'd scrub, I never felt clean. 

I thought I could live with it... adapt, maybe even bathe with my eyes closed, but there was just no way to take a bath without seeing the hideous porcelain. Eventually I broke out in a rash from the hard scrubbing...which soon started to bleed and got infected. The oozing discharge from the rash over time turned the same color as the vile fixture, causing me emotional problems. I saw doctors and therapists... nothing helped.

Then I heard about Bath Fitter. Bath Fitter came to my home and measured my old tub... the technician only vomited once, but completely cleaned up his mess. Within days they arrived with my brand-new white plastic shell and slipped it over the old tub. A little caulk here and a gap or two there, and just a few weeks later my rash has started to clear up. Thanks, Bath Fitter, you changed my life."
"It's never too late to choose life...instead of the internet. Just drop the mouse." - Darwin Watterson
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2015 at 12:29pm
^

Can you please teach me how to be as sick minded as you, DH?

Pleeeaaase????

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender

C'mon, man!
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2015 at 12:52pm

C'mon, man!
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darthhillbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2015 at 1:32pm
"It's never too late to choose life...instead of the internet. Just drop the mouse." - Darwin Watterson
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2015 at 1:33pm

C'mon, man!
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darthhillbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2015 at 1:34pm

^

Pleeeaaase????

No, you are too old.

Too old to begin the training...

Wink
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2015 at 1:50pm
A few months go by & we check in to see how her Bath Fitter tub is holding up....

Hmmmmmmm.....

C'mon, man!
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2015 at 1:52pm
Originally posted by Darthhillbilly Darthhillbilly wrote:

^

Pleeeaaase????

No, you are too old.

Too old to begin the training...

Wink

I think I have a case for age discrimination here!!!!

C'mon, man!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2015 at 1:54pm
LOL
I delivered kitchen cabinets and appliances in the late 70s, Avocado was a very popular color. 
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darthhillbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2015 at 2:07pm

Ok, ok, Jimbo. Hang up on your lawyer and we'll get started.

But I get to call you "grasshopper".

I'll be sending you an assortment of Adult Swim DVDs that you'll need to watch. In the meantime, sign up on the Adult Swim board and make 100 posts in the Incoherent Babbling section. Think of them as mental "whacks on, whacks off" kinds of things.
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darthhillbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2015 at 2:08pm
Originally posted by aka ron aka ron wrote:

LOL
I delivered kitchen cabinets and appliances in the late 70s, Avocado was a very popular color. 

Yes, the avacado part came from a real-life, livin-it-now, experience.

Sick
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2015 at 2:16pm

...along with "Harvest Gold".

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2015 at 2:20pm
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

LOLLOL
Harvest Gold, I was reaching for one of the other colors of the day and just couldn't find it.
We carried some pretty nice wood cabinets too.
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2015 at 3:22pm

C'mon, man!
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2015 at 3:31pm

Ok, ok, Jimbo. Hang up on your lawyer and we'll get started.

But I get to call you "grasshopper".

And then you'll take me to Steak & Shake?

C'mon, man!
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darthhillbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2015 at 3:42pm
If you lube your Kung Fu elbow.

LOL
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2015 at 3:42pm
I remember it from the 'Kung Fu' series with David Carradine.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2015 at 3:55pm

If you lube your Kung Fu elbow.

LOL

Hmmmmmmm..... I dunno.

If you're gonna start talking about applying lube, I'm not so sure I want to continue this arrangement....

Certain things I won't do, even for a free lunch!!!

C'mon, man!
sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2015 at 4:26pm
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

<span style="line-height: 16.7999992370605px;">I delivered kitchen cabinets and appliances in the late 70s, Avocado was a very popular color.
</span>
<span style="line-height: 16.7999992370605px;">
</span>

Baby S**t. Don't forget Coral and Turquoise from the 1950s and 60s.
EEEEts All so REEEdEEEculous
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2015 at 4:38pm
Originally posted by sgtrock21 sgtrock21 wrote:

ShockedThose colors haven't gone anywhere and are still popular (not my fault) in certain areas, Sarge.
Spectacular Coral Springs Appliances decorating ideas for Kitchen Beach design ideas with Spectacular blue ceiling lights
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2015 at 4:50pm
Originally posted by PaWolf PaWolf wrote:

ShockedThose colors haven't gone anywhere and are still popular (not my fault) in certain areas, Sarge.

Spectacular Coral Springs Appliances decorating ideas for Kitchen Beach design ideas with Spectacular blue ceiling lights

Like many things they continue to haunt us. I'm expecting 1980s Mauve to return any day now. "Like: Gag me with a Ginsu"!
EEEEts All so REEEdEEEculous
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2015 at 4:58pm

Like many things they continue to haunt us. I'm expecting 1980s Mauve to return any day now. "Like: Gag me with a Ginsu"!

ShockedLOLCry...now ya went and gave an ol'PaW an unearned hangover! Shame on you! 
The 1980's were also the days of 'words stolen from other languages' (ginsu), or 'made-up words', such as 'mauve' which always immediately took me mentally here:
(which was already in reruns by then)
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic