Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Colorama - 13 bucks for a stupid coloring book????
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Colorama - 13 bucks for a stupid coloring book????

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Colorama - 13 bucks for a stupid coloring book????
    Posted: 09 Jun 2015 at 8:00pm
I can't believe this. Some hucksters are hawking a coloring book on TV for 13 bucks!!!!

Apparently the video below is an older version of the ad I just saw on TV. Exact same ad, but in the video, it's only $10 plus you get the extra marker & watercolor set included. In the newer one I saw on TV, they want $12.99 for the book & a few colored pencils. If you want the the deluxe coloring set, you have to place the book order before you can find out their "special pricing" on it.

So basically, you're paying 13 bucks plus shipping & handling which is probably about 5 bucks, for a frigging coloring book & a few colored pencils.

Add on the deluxe coloring set, & you're out over 20 bucks.

Worse thing is, apparently, there are people stupid enough to pay it, otherwise they wouldn't still be selling it, much less at a higher price.

What an unbelievable load of crap!!!!

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
Sponsored Links

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2015 at 8:23pm
o'Mule...you KNOW some enterprising hucksters bought that crap in volume years back, gambling on making a few bucks via resale (and lost). They let it sit in warehouses and store rooms for awhile and then attempt to resell again. Maybe even via AMAZON (as an independent reseller) at a discount. As we all know, there's a sucker born every minute, so they will eventually sell a any price and the hucksters will have cut their losses.
(buying bulk by driving to local discount stores and reselling independent via Amazon is a recognized new business trend that is working - and no, I'm not advertising and no, I don't participate) 
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
purple rose View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote purple rose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2015 at 8:31pm
They're saying it relieves stress?  That thing would drive me insane.  And if anybody frames their "masterpiece" and gives it as a gift, they deserve to lose all of their friends and family.
Darthhillbilly View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darthhillbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2015 at 8:31pm
"Frame your beautiful new artwork, or give it as a gift..."

"For the first time, I feel like I'm an artist..."

LOL

LOLLOL

"It's never too late to choose life...instead of the internet. Just drop the mouse." - Darwin Watterson
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2015 at 8:36pm
Now now!
Be nice, play nice.
Simple things for simple people.
Believe it or not, even we have some simple people here.

You too may become an 'arteeest'!
Artist painting on canvas in studio wearing beret and holding paint palette Stock Photo - 9519791
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darthhillbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2015 at 8:50pm
I am an arteeest, I just printed out your post and colored in all the closed loops of all the letters!
"It's never too late to choose life...instead of the internet. Just drop the mouse." - Darwin Watterson
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2015 at 8:59pm
ShockedDid you wear a beret while doing it?!
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darthhillbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2015 at 9:04pm
Yes, but not on my head.

Cool
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2015 at 9:18pm
Originally posted by Darthhillbilly Darthhillbilly wrote:

Yes, but not on my head.

Cool
<bzzzzzzzt!>
Stinkin' board censor stopped me before I could even THINK about going there...
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darthhillbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2015 at 9:22pm
So... want yer hat back?

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2015 at 9:27pm
WinkNo - mine was single-use (tell me you didn't put it on!).
<bzzzzzzzzt!>
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2015 at 9:29pm
If I'm gonna color, I want the fart markers.
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darthhillbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2015 at 9:29pm
That censor is having a field day with you, we ARE still talking about berets here, right?
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darthhillbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2015 at 9:30pm
Originally posted by aka ron aka ron wrote:

Is that the blueberry fart thing MrsD was going on about?
Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2015 at 11:48pm
Goddamn boss, always on my back! Where's my Colorama coloring book?  I'm really stressed.
Shoot! I colored outside the lines, where's the friggin eraser?!
I don't like that color after all. Sure wish this thing had an eraser. Why are these spaces so small? I'm having to squint - it looked so easy on the television commercial.
Wish I could return it - maybe I'll give it to my boss so he'll stay off my back.  
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2015 at 12:39am
Originally posted by Darthhillbilly Darthhillbilly wrote:

Originally posted by aka ron aka ron wrote:

Is that the blueberry fart thing MrsD was going on about?
LOLLOL
A berry farting on national TV is not quickly forgotten.
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darthhillbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2015 at 12:51am
^Yep, need those.

LOL
ALE515 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ALE515 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2015 at 2:04am
My Husband makes fun of me because I still use coloring books. I do think it's soothing. However, I've never paid $13 for a coloring book. Michael's sells them for a few bocks, add a HUGE box of pencils and you've maybe paid $13.

Also, don't frame them or give as gifts, unless you're giving it to a child who thinks you've done it all by hand Wink
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2015 at 2:19am

^  I occasionally uncolor.  If I have a magazine and an eraser handy, I like to erase people's eyes so that they're all white.  If I have a pen handy, I'll black out a few teeth.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2015 at 3:00am
I do the blackening teeth thing too.

But the eyes I just make crossed.

Adding big, fat mustaches, sideburns & beards to that is what I really enjoy.

Especially on fashion models & Hollywood starlets.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender

C'mon, man!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2015 at 3:38am

In the early 80s, I had a Donny and Marie t-shirt, and used white-out on their eyes.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2015 at 4:25am
That would've been cool.

Was it this one?

C'mon, man!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2015 at 4:48am

No, it was a long-sleeved t-shirt and featured a picture from one of their albums.  This one.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2015 at 5:10am
Here ya go.

Relive the good ol days.

I took the liberty of adding the fangs.

C'mon, man!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2015 at 7:08am

You got it!  That's exactly how I made the eyes look.  Of course, if you're gonna white-out the eyes, it's not like there's a whole lotta ways to make it look.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic