Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

HH Gregg Memorial Day "Gregg's Got It!" (?)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BadAd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: HH Gregg Memorial Day "Gregg's Got It!" (?)
    Posted: 29 May 2015 at 9:04am
This ad has been running in my market (Metro DC area) for weeks now, and it's driving me crazy. They repeat "Gregg's Got It!" but it sounds like they're saying, "Gregg's Scottish." Verrrrrry annoying.

Sorry, no YouTube on this one. 

http://www.ispot.tv/ad/7Qj_/hh-gregg-memorial-day-sale-zero-down-zero-interest
Sponsored Links

Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2015 at 2:29pm
When I first heard it I thought it said "Great Scottish" it took a second listen to realize it said "Greggs got it!"
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
Stacy View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Stacy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2015 at 2:49am
When I heard it, I thought they were saying "Gregg's Scottish" too! I can't believe nobody heard this when they replayed the demo commercial or whatever it is.
JanetM View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote JanetM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2015 at 10:05pm
That commercial drives me nuts. Only I was hearing "Great Scottish" EVERY single annoying time!  I thought it was a take on the expression "Great Scott", but I still didn't get it. Then I looked up when the commercial was running.  It was then that I realized they were saying "Gregg's Got it". Don't they ever listen to these things? That happens all too often.
zippyjet View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zippyjet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2015 at 10:20pm
Originally posted by BadAd BadAd wrote:

This ad has been running in my market (Metro DC area) for weeks now, and it's driving me crazy. They repeat "Gregg's Got It!" but it sounds like they're saying, "Gregg's Scottish." Verrrrrry annoying.

Another thread/reply that has me LMAOF! Declaritive statements like Gregg's Got It is so 1980's early 1990's. Isn't HH Gregg a recycled version of Circuit City? Back in the early 90's they had a commercial I hated with speed action with a plant growing and doggy doing something with an obnoxious singer. Guess the turd doesn't fall that far from the latrine/outhouse.
I approve this message.
ThatNerdInPhilly View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThatNerdInPhilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2015 at 1:22am
Originally posted by Ad nauseous Ad nauseous wrote:

When I first heard it I thought it said "Great Scottish" it took a second listen to realize it said "Greggs got it!"

LOLLOLLOLLOLLOL!!!

I brought it up months ago, this spokesguy is so terrible I think people felt the same and complained since they toned him down a notch on HH Gregg commercials (Although the Gregg's Got It is still bothersome)

He no longer does NTB tire commercials. He still does a local car dealership, but his voice is much more toned down. Guess he took some voice classes on how not to annoy the consumer.

zippyjet View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zippyjet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2015 at 7:00am
Originally posted by zippyjet zippyjet wrote:

Originally posted by BadAd BadAd wrote:

Another thread/reply that has me LMAOF! Declaritive statements like Gregg's Got It is so 1980's early 1990's. Isn't HH Gregg a recycled version of Circuit City? Back in the early 90's they had a commercial I hated with speed action with a plant growing and doggy doing something with an obnoxious singer. Guess the turd doesn't fall that far from the latrine/outhouse.

Here's the video for that obnoxious Circuit City Commercial they commercial bombed back in the early 90's!
I approve this message.
LiberryGirl View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LiberryGirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2015 at 8:35pm
Just heard their Labor Day ad. It sure sounded like Scottish to me.
ThatNerdInPhilly View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThatNerdInPhilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2016 at 12:47am
New female narrator for HH Gregg and the big Super Bowl game.
Still sounds stupid and obnoxious and yes it still sounds like "Great Scottish!" 

http://www.ispot.tv/ad/AteL/hh-gregg-savings-on-appliances

A Millennial View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A Millennial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2016 at 8:34pm
They constantly play these commercials, yet there aren't any located on my side of the state.  Rendering it pointless.
I am part of the target audience....and I hate it.
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2016 at 8:53pm
Eh, the new voice is not much of an improvement!
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic