Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Panera Pigs

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MixPickle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Panera Pigs
    Posted: 26 May 2015 at 2:15am
I hate the new Panera commercials with all the quick cuts of people eating like animals
Sponsored Links

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2015 at 3:34am
Panera's commercials are some of the most idiotic.
So is their service strategy
Ate at a Panera this evening - food was good, moderately-priced. No wait staff and they were taken aback when I came looking for some, given I was taking two (very sharp) elderly to dinner.
The manager shocked all the employees by showing how to take an order at a table.
The healthy smoothies are great, too.
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
LiberryGirl View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LiberryGirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2015 at 7:05am
I'm surprised they don't just pick up the plates and lick them.
Papa Lazarou View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec
Formerly Codtaro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Papa Lazarou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2015 at 9:00am
Originally posted by PaWolf PaWolf wrote:

Ate at a Panera this evening - food was good, moderately-priced. No wait staff and they were taken aback when I came looking for some, given I was taking two (very sharp) elderly to dinner.

The manager shocked all the employees by showing how to take an order at a table.

I notice this is a problem with a lot of the "high-end" fast food places. Think they modeled themselves off places like Sweet Tomatoes, or even Subway...but there's not self-service in these places so it loses its purpose, and since they're trying to be a fast food place you want to sit down and eat in it does a bit of damage since they aren't properly trained for sit-in service.

Still haven't been able to try a Panera (want to), but I've had the experience with other places that have the same format.
Banana!
BANANA!!
BANANA!!!
BANANA!!
Banana!
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2015 at 2:19pm
Originally posted by Papa Lazarou Papa Lazarou wrote:

I notice this is a problem with a lot of the "high-end" fast food places. Think they modeled themselves off places like Sweet Tomatoes, or even Subway...but there's not self-service in these places so it loses its purpose, and since they're trying to be a fast food place you want to sit down and eat in it does a bit of damage since they aren't properly trained for sit-in service.

Still haven't been able to try a Panera (want to), but I've had the experience with other places that have the same format.
Agreed.
I failed to mention a few shocking facts:
1.) They have roomy, comfortable, indoor seating that wait staff can readily service.
2.) They actually have large print, folding individual TABLE menus (the manager actually shocked the workers when she pulled them out...I think I heard one actually ask "what's THAT?")

Honestly, *I* will return because I DID like the food, even though a sandwich and a smoothie will grab $12 out of pocket (will fill you up in a light/healthy manner)...so, hope that adds value PapaL.
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
LiberryGirl View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LiberryGirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2015 at 12:54am
So why is "dirty lettuce" supposed to be appealing? I don't want my food to be dirty. Glad I don't eat there regularly.
Darthhillbilly View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darthhillbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2015 at 1:17am
Because dirt is where you get all yer minerals from!

Ya cha cha!
"It's never too late to choose life...instead of the internet. Just drop the mouse." - Darwin Watterson
CaptainErnie View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote CaptainErnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2015 at 1:57am
I love the new one featuring Kale. Comedian Jim Gaffigan (known for his "hot pockets" bit) does a routine on how dreadful Kale is. At the end of the bit he says "If they discovered tomorrow that Kale cures cancer, I'd say, just give me the chemo".
Children are just God's little way of punishing us for having sex
madwoman View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote madwoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2015 at 10:57pm
Originally posted by MixPickle MixPickle wrote:

I hate the new Panera commercials with all the quick cuts of people eating like animals

Their parents must be sooooo proud of their children's manners.
Anduril View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anduril Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2015 at 4:15pm

You wanna know what's really idiotic?

Take a good look at Panera's logo.
Looks like a big, brown sh!t stain to me.

Either that, or it's a stylized view of the henpecked founder's infertile wife lovingly holding a loaf of bread as one would an infant.

...but I'm going to go with sh!t stain.
CaptainErnie View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CaptainErnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2015 at 11:08pm
THE most disgusting sight on television today... that girl shoveling kale into her mouth with it hanging out as she shovels in another load before she even chews or swallows.
Children are just God's little way of punishing us for having sex
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2015 at 8:13pm

Originally posted by CaptainErnie CaptainErnie wrote:

THE most disgusting sight on television today... that girl shoveling kale into her mouth with it hanging out as she shovels in another load before she even chews or swallows.

She acts like she hasn't eaten in a week. The last time I ate like that was at a spaghetti-eating contest in college. And at least that was spaghetti, not a friggin' salad.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2015 at 8:33pm

Au contraire, my friend.

I refer you to this....

http://www.commercialsihate.com/topic21628_post333368.html#333368

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2015 at 12:07am
Originally posted by Anduril Anduril wrote:

You wanna know what's really idiotic?

Take a good look at Panera's logo.
Looks like a big, brown sh!t stain to me.

Either that, or it's a stylized view of the henpecked founder's infertile wife lovingly holding a loaf of bread as one would an infant.

...but I'm going to go with sh!t stain.

I don't usually throw this word around but...I find this logo kinda..creepy.
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
msmadz View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
8+ years on CIH

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msmadz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2015 at 4:57pm
Ugh, I hate these commercials, too. So it tastes so good you have to slam it down in nano seconds? Just hand these idiots some pitchforks.
The artist formerly known as Madawee

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2015 at 6:15pm
Originally posted by msmadz msmadz wrote:

Ugh, I hate these commercials, too. So it tastes so good you have to slam it down in nano seconds? Just hand these idiots some pitchforks.

Well, in the case of the really, really hungry Chinese chick, maybe she hadn't eaten in 2 hours.

Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2015 at 6:19pm
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

Well, in the case of the really, really hungry Chinese chick, maybe she hadn't eaten in 2 hours.

ROFL!
msmadz View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
8+ years on CIH

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msmadz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2015 at 10:49pm

I don't understand the adoration with kale. To me, kale is the devil's pubic bush.

Last year it was beets. Now kale. I expect next year will show a surge in okra or some such "hot new vegetable". I'll pass.

Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2015 at 11:06pm

I don't understand the adoration with kale. To me, kale is the devil's pubic bush.

Last year it was beets. Now kale. I expect next year will show a surge in okra or some such "hot new vegetable". I'll pass.

How 'bout spinach??? Never mind probably not gonna happen.
ThatNerdInPhilly View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThatNerdInPhilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2015 at 12:09am
I just saw the one where everyone was chomping down on food and then adding this soothing kids voice. Then another one with frantic eating - again the "soothing" narrator. Trying to balance the chaos happening visually and even it out with the damn girl talking quietly. Stupid idea!

They all are freggin terrible!

msmadz View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
8+ years on CIH

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote msmadz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2015 at 4:12pm
^ What's with steroid boy and the knee going a mile a minute? Lay off the "juice" muscle boy.

ThatNerdInPhilly View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThatNerdInPhilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2015 at 10:47pm

^ What's with steroid boy and the knee going a mile a minute? Lay off the "juice" muscle boy.

LOL I didn't even get that far to notice that. 

"Common side effects with anabolic steroids may include - Altered mood, irritability, increased aggression, nervousness and anxiety." Symptoms that I do see with this kid

BUT good wholesome Panera Food can calm these side effects down.

Frankcastle006 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Frankcastle006 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2015 at 2:17am
Oh these people are shovelling food into their faces like a bunch of animals. Girl eating salad so fast she might friggin choke on it. This is what poor table manners looks like, folks. Not good food. That lettuce looks like it's rotten and brown.. But that's what pigs eat, and that's how she eats.. Like a f'in PIG
purple rose View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote purple rose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2015 at 7:23am
This is disgusting on every level.  Dirty lettuce?  A big chunk of kale stuck on somebody's teeth?  Slovenly kids shoving food into their mouths like they haven't eaten in days?   Everyone in this commercial looks filthy, even the stoner-narrator sounds like she probably stinks of BO and patchouli.  While we're on the subject of "should be", commercials for eating establishments should be making my mouth water, not making me ill.  
People can enjoy good food AND basic table etiquette.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic