Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Miscellaneous :: Off-Topic
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

POLL: McCain or Obama

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
Poll Question: OK, Who is your next President?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
13 [36.11%]
23 [63.89%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Deleted Account

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrianO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2008 at 4:38pm
Thanks for your 12 (so far) votes.
Sponsored Links

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2008 at 4:49pm
I haven't voted.

jeroboam View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jeroboam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2008 at 4:52pm
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

I haven't voted.

Well... do you really need to? Ha

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2008 at 5:04pm
All I know is, I see the gap between McCain and Obama narrowing---even here at CIH.  And that's without my vote.

In reality, there is no gap.  I think polls right now put them both at 42%.

ForumAdmin View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Forum Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ForumAdmin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2008 at 7:51pm
29 responses, 18 votes.

Maybe Obama supporters are more motivated to vote, eh Thor?
NiteRaidah View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NiteRaidah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2008 at 8:36pm
Who voted for who?  Or is it whom?
I have 168 characters remaining.
Vlad The Impaler View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vlad The Impaler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2008 at 9:58pm
Is Bill the Cat still running? I guess I vote for him.
Moochamoocha View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Moochamoocha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2008 at 10:20pm
How come there's no "who gives a rat's ass?" selection? 
Wild Starchild View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wild Starchild Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2008 at 10:34pm
I vote for MOOCH!!!!!
AW DAMN!!!! Wild Shot the friggin TV again!!!
BrianO View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Deleted Account

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrianO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2008 at 11:19pm
I vote for Mooch's cat!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2008 at 11:45pm
Originally posted by NathanAlexander NathanAlexander wrote:

29 responses, 18 votes.

Maybe Obama supporters are more motivated to vote, eh Thor?

That's something I've actually heard, Nathan.  The Obama supporters are considered to be more energized.

And still, they're having trouble gaining points on McCain  Big%20smileWink

Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2008 at 12:45am
Originally posted by Moochamoocha Moochamoocha wrote:

Cause it'll get more votes than the other 2 selections??Wink
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2008 at 2:08am
Originally posted by Tiz Tiz wrote:

Originally posted by Moochamoocha Moochamoocha wrote:

Cause it'll get more votes than the other 2 selections??Wink

Sad, but probably true.

Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vlad The Impaler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2008 at 2:47am
The people that don't give a rat's ass just don't vote. The really sad thing is, I DO give a rat's ass. I just don't like either candidate. It's pretty much been this way my entire voting life - and I've been voting since I turned 18 in '88. The last president whom a thought highly of was Reagan. Clinton was likeable but I wasn't all that excited about him. I look to the past and read about figures like Truman, Roosevelt, Lincoln - some of the great American presidents of long ago, and then I look at people who have run for president in say the last 20 years and I'm just astounded at the lack of dynamic individuals that choose to enter American politics these days.

ALL modern politicians seem disingenuous, insincere, and completely out of touch with the common man. As I listen to modern politicians, it seems to me that the art of politics has turned into the concept of talking on and on without actually saying anything of substance. I mean, I'm listening to Obama, McCain, and even Palin (who has apparently fallen straight out of Heaven if you listen to the Republicans) and I'm just astounded at the lack of substance in anything anyone says. It's like it's a game that consists of who can talk the longest without actually saying anything. All I hear is rhetoric and empty talk from both parties.

And you know what? I think people don't vote because they do feel helpless. 'Cause nothings going to change. I'm beginning to think it doesn't matter anymore if a Republican or a Democrat get elected. Nothing is going to change either way. The political machine and the way the country's politics operate has become some kind of Juggernaut that neither party is able to overcome despite all the rhetoric and empty promises.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2008 at 2:55am
Unlike many, I don't automatically have a problem with people who don't vote.  Depends on the reason.  Apathy is the worst reason.  Just kinda sad.

I understand that people feel helpless, and don't think their vote matters.  But that doesn't give them license to not care about their country and the world around them.  I think a lot of those people are simply more interested in going to the mall.

Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vlad The Impaler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2008 at 3:35am

I understand that people feel helpless, and don't think their vote matters.  But that doesn't give them license to not care about their country and the world around them.  I think a lot of those people are simply more interested in going to the mall.

You may be right, although I'd like to think the reason for their apathy is "what difference does it make who or what gets elected?" People should at least turn out and vote for the issues. I've done that before on local elections when I don't know who the hell the new judges are or whatever - I leave the people blank and vote yes or no on the issues.

Wasn't there a quote about something like "People in a democratic society (or a republic in this case) deserve to have it taken away if they don't care?" Something along those lines said by somebody in a much more eloquent manner.

Jimmy View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2008 at 3:40am

Unlike many, I don't automatically have a problem with people who don't vote.  Depends on the reason.  Apathy is the worst reason.  Just kinda sad.

Thor, you and I vote in completely different directions but I agree with you 100% on this comment.

I HATE the big mouthed apathetic pilloocks, who'd rather waste time blowing off loud dissertations about how they dislike each candidate.

If you don't vote, then shut up and live with who's been chosen.

As it was once said about the future: "live it, or live with it"
One man gathers what another man spills
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vlad The Impaler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2008 at 4:17am
Originally posted by Jimmy Jimmy wrote:

Thor, you and I vote in completely different directions but I agree with you 100% on this comment.

I HATE the big mouthed apathetic pilloocks, who'd rather waste time blowing off loud dissertations about how they dislike each candidate.

Hmmm... Not to beat a dead horse, but...didn't "the people" elect Al Gore 4 years ago????

<like I said, anyone here a member of the Electoral College?>

EDIT TO ADD: Better yet, anyone a member of the Electoral College in a swing state? Smile
FaithSF View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FaithSF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2008 at 4:27am
Originally posted by Hezadancer Hezadancer wrote:

I had an Obama supporter ring my doorbell today (she was wearing an Obama shirt and pin). I didn't answer though, I was cleaning up dog vomit and my family has a window cling from the city in clear view of people at the front door that says "No Solicitors, No Peddling" and the city ordinance. It's just a pain to answer the door with 4 small dogs runing around. She looked in our window and glared as she walked past. It kind of pissed me off. Too bad she doesn't know we're a democrat household anyway, probably walked away muttering something about us being republican.

I don't need people coming to my door trying to beg for votes anyway.

Oh, Heza!  Please don't fall into the Republican trap of calling it the Democrat party, when it's the DemocratIC party.  They're insinuating that we aren't Democratic, and it's a huge insult.
Wild Starchild View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wild Starchild Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2008 at 5:04am
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

Hmmmmmm....... 11 to 4 so far in favor of Obama.

And we've all heard that old saying.....

"As CIH goes, so goes the nation."

Am I right, people???????!!!!!!!!!! Clap

woot woot!!!!

I don't know Jimbo......we all seem to HATE Billy Mays, The FREECREDITARDS and that f**king Geico lizard but the rest of the damned world seems to love them!!! This country is going to hell in a hand basket and Billy Mays is holding the handle!!!

AW DAMN!!!! Wild Shot the friggin TV again!!!
Hezadancer View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hezadancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2008 at 7:28am
Originally posted by FaithSF FaithSF wrote:

I had an Obama supporter ring my doorbell today (she was wearing an Obama shirt and pin). I didn't answer though, I was cleaning up dog vomit and my family has a window cling from the city in clear view of people at the front door that says "No Solicitors, No Peddling" and the city ordinance. It's just a pain to answer the door with 4 small dogs runing around. She looked in our window and glared as she walked past. It kind of pissed me off. Too bad she doesn't know we're a democrat household anyway, probably walked away muttering something about us being republican.

Oh, Heza!  Please don't fall into the Republican trap of calling it the Democrat party, when it's the DemocratIC party.  They're insinuating that we aren't Democratic, and it's a huge insult.

We are a democratic household then Big%20smile
FaithSF View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FaithSF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2008 at 7:34am

Thank you! HeartClapClapTongue
BrianO View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Deleted Account

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrianO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2008 at 7:35am

Originally posted by FaithSF FaithSF wrote:

Democrat?IckLOL
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vlad The Impaler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2008 at 9:31am
Originally posted by Vlad The Impaler Vlad The Impaler wrote:

Originally posted by Jimmy Jimmy wrote:

Hmmm... Not to beat a dead horse, but...didn't "the people" elect Al Gore 4 years ago????

<like I said, anyone here a member of the Electoral College?>

EDIT TO ADD: Better yet, anyone a member of the Electoral College in a swing state? Smile

Ahem!!

Guess not....
mutelover View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mutelover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2008 at 4:38am
Well hell,since Billy Mays is not running then it has to be McCain.....
The inventor of the mute button knew billy mays would show up one day.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
  Share Topic