Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

McDonald's Third Pounders (video)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: McDonald's Third Pounders (video)
    Posted: 12 May 2015 at 2:43pm
Somebody out there is going to have to put their big boy pants on and try one of these.
Post some opinions, side effects.
I so wanted to use the title 'Sirloin Turd Pounders'.

Sponsored Links

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2015 at 2:55pm

Better get one "while it lasts".  And while you're here and all excited about our latest temporary offering, you might as well get some fries, an overpriced soda and a milkshake.

CaptainErnie View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CaptainErnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2015 at 3:01pm
Had one the other day.... nothing to write home about
Children are just God's little way of punishing us for having sex
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2015 at 3:16pm

^  No fast food is anything to write home about.  That's because fast food is more about the fast, not the food.  At best, anything a fast food place offers can only be good "for fast food".  That is, "for fast food, this burger's good".

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2015 at 3:33pm
I'd prolly try one if they didn't each cost more than five pounds of ground beef.

For the cost of one of those things, I could buy a pound of meat, a pack of nice rolls, some sliced cheddar cheese & a bag of frozen fries.

Not to mention a 2 liter bottle of soda.

Pig out on three 1/3 pounders with cheese & a pile of fries.

Buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurrrrrrrrrrrp!!!!!!

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2015 at 3:38pm

Plus, you could make it the way you want.  You can add spices, cook it in butter, barbecue it, etc.  

For cheese, I'd shred up some of the pepper jack they're selling at the Dollar Tree right now.  6oz slab for, of course, $1.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2015 at 4:07pm
I don't like to get too fancy with spices or cheeses on a burger.

A bit of soy sauce, or Dale's sauce which is soy sauce based, is fine & the most far out I'd get with cheese might be Monterrey Jack or maybe some Alpine Lace.

I don't like anything overpowering the taste of the beeeeeeeeeeeeeeef.

We had burgers over here at my mom's yesterday. The lady across the street had gotten a pack of Omaha steaks from her daughter & there were six burger patties in there which she brought over & gave to my mom.

Mom & my sister had one each.

I had the other four.

Two for lunch, then two later on for dinner.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender

C'mon, man!
msmadz View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
8+ years on CIH

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msmadz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2015 at 4:25pm
Didn't they trot out these burgers once before? I remember my friend saying her husband tried one and said it was like a salt lick. I think he had the mushroom and swiss one.

McDonalds has a tendency to bring back old sandwiches for "a limited time" like those puke inducing riblet fake pork things.
The artist formerly known as Madawee

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2015 at 4:46pm
<...lemme look....lemmeeee look...>
Nope
Only got enough for beer, today.
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2015 at 4:58pm
Alright, I'll be the guinea pig.
I like punishment sometimes.

Darthhillbilly View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darthhillbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2015 at 5:19pm
Originally posted by msmadz msmadz wrote:

Didn't they trot out these burgers once before? I remember my friend saying her husband tried one and said it was like a salt lick. I think he had the mushroom and swiss one.

McDonalds has a tendency to bring back old sandwiches for "a limited time" like those puke inducing riblet fake pork things.

Yep, the failed 1/3 Pound Angus burgers from 2012 - 2013. I made a joke about it in another thread. Something about McDonald's trying sell burgers to people who don't want burgers by selling bigger burgers.

LOL

I had a couple of the Angus version back in the day, and I'm in no hurry to try these as a result of the experience. They just aren't different enough from a Quarter Pounder to justify the extra cost. In fact, I think when they dropped the Angus burgers, all they dropped was the patties. They started offering the Quarter Pounder with all the dressings the Angus used to have.
"It's never too late to choose life...instead of the internet. Just drop the mouse." - Darwin Watterson
Banderboy View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banderboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2015 at 5:51pm
"You're gonna be seeing a lot of me..."

Nope, you're wrong already. How can I believe anything else you say?
Every day my mind grows keener- my good arm stronger--- my silly enemies more futile---
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2015 at 7:03pm
I think McDonald's et al, are all on their way to becoming places where people go when they absolutely have to stop & get something to eat while they're either on their way somewhere or out doing other stuff & less of a destination in & of themselves like they used to be.

More of a "Might as well just stop at __________" kind of thing.

C'mon, man!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2015 at 7:17pm
Sustenance, I have a dozen other choices if I want to travel further and pay more.
For something that actually taste good!
msmadz View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
8+ years on CIH

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msmadz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2015 at 7:18pm
^ Beloved and I were in rhode island and I pulled into a mcdonalds to use the restroom. I was going to try the dollar menu mozzarella sticks but looking up at the menu board I couldnt find the dollar menu.

I wanted to get on the road asap so I just said fukkit and left.

I know im getting all geriatric but there were multiple menu boards and not a single one had the dollar menu.

Do I need to know some kind of secret handshake???

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2015 at 7:55pm

^ Beloved and I were in rhode island and I pulled into a mcdonalds to use the restroom. I was going to try the dollar menu mozzarella sticks but looking up at the menu board I couldnt find the dollar menu.

I know im getting all geriatric but there were multiple menu boards and not a single one had the dollar menu.

I noticed the other day at Carl's Jr. that their basic cheeseburger wasn't on the menu.  I had to ask if they still had such a thing.

I guess they don't want to encourage the cheap stuff.

Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darthhillbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2015 at 8:34pm
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

I noticed the other day at Carl's Jr. that their basic cheeseburger wasn't on the menu.  I had to ask if they still had such a thing.

I guess they don't want to encourage the cheap stuff.

The menus in these parts have the "value menu" at the bottom of the center board (drive thru), but not everything is listed. I admittedly can't remember the last time I actually set foot inside a McDonald's to know what the menus in there look like. Maybe next time I have to pee I'll run up the street and have a look-see.

LOL

As for encouraging the cheap stuff... they lose money on the value menu, so yeah, they don't want you buying a bag full of dollar items.
"It's never too late to choose life...instead of the internet. Just drop the mouse." - Darwin Watterson
msmadz View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
8+ years on CIH

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msmadz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2015 at 8:39pm
Wouldnt that be a look-pee?

All those fast food drive in menus look all willy nilly. And the sizes have all changed too. Having to use two hands to hoist a small soda is just wrong as isbusing the equivalent of a shoe box to measure out an order of fries.

Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darthhillbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2015 at 8:42pm
No, the look-pee is for the McDonald's employees when I come out of the bathroom after an obviously hasty exit in my tan shorts.
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2015 at 8:50pm
McDonald's burgers are okay but Jakes Wayback Burgers are more exceptional! My favorite is the Rodeo Burger, beef, onion rings, and sauce yum yum, it is DELICIOUS!
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2015 at 8:55pm

Wouldnt that be a look-pee?

All those fast food drive in menus look all willy nilly. And the sizes have all changed too. Having to use two hands to hoist a small soda is just wrong as isbusing the equivalent of a shoe box to measure out an order of fries.

They remind me of those websites that have all sorts of ads and stories and photo galleries and links all over them.  Visual overload.

Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2015 at 10:29pm
I've already seen this dofus a couple of times and I'm already sick of him!
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
i8acannibal View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote i8acannibal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2015 at 12:34am
I've seen this ad 4 times today. I am already tired of it. I think Mack needs a swift kick in the junk.
Say something clever here...

No, I'm too lazy. Imagine it yourself.
Anduril View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anduril Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2015 at 4:33am
I honestly have nothing good to say about McDonalds.
So, naturally this will be a really long post.   

Seriously though, I'd like to see a study of McDonald's financial performance stacked up against their historical ad campaign slogans.

Remember these little gems:?

"You deserve a break today."
"McDonald's in your kind of place"
"Look for the Golden Arches!"
"Do you believe in magic?"* (*less the creepy clown of course, and)
"What you want is what you get.."

Then comes all this lovin' sh*t and the brand tanks...

Jesus. How hard is it for McDonald's to figure it out?
Lovin'? Ground beef? (Sorry, I just don't get the connection.)
I knew they were doomed the minute I first heard it.

They need to take all that lovin' crap (and the creepy clown) and deep fry both of them. Following that, they might start to think about putting something that's actually edible on the menu.

i8acannibal View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote i8acannibal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2015 at 5:06pm
These should give a boost to the day.

I'm not lovin' it. Dead
Say something clever here...

No, I'm too lazy. Imagine it yourself.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic