Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Royal Caribbean "We Will Rock You"

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zippyjet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Royal Caribbean "We Will Rock You"
    Posted: 05 May 2015 at 6:07am

I love to take cruises. But, I detest some of the commercials for the cruise lines especially Royal Caribbean. Their latest entry earns my "hatoraide dishonorable mention." What I don't like:
1. Never a fan of Queen. However I respect their work and I hope Freddy Mercury's family is earning royalties off his music in commercials.
2. Cruising is exciting but also relaxing; is this in your face song really make sense for a cruise line company?
3. The guy in the commercial comes across as a dork; floating in space, and wave surfing.
4. Probably the worst of this commercial the stop action scenes with those creepy stupid looking robots or whatever the f they are mixing up drinks or whatever concoction is being served at sea. I don't know how comfortable I'd be on a cruise ship with weird robototic arms serving food and worse yet applying spa treatments. They remind me of the movie "What a Way to Go." Starring Shirley Mcclaine where one of her husbands is a French artist who invents painting robot machines and gets wasted by his own creation/invention. 
And, we will rock you I think of seasickness. 

Those robot painting machines are about 1:04 into the above video trailer. 
You get to see the painting machine robots better in this video.
I approve this message.
Sponsored Links

msmadz View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
8+ years on CIH

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msmadz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2015 at 1:05pm
I'm sure its pretty cool watching those robot bartendwrs whipping up an exotic drink but im betting you have to plunk down some big bucks for that novelty.
The artist formerly known as Madawee

The Buzz View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Buzz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2015 at 10:41pm
Zippyjet: Wanted to thank you.   I forgot just how stunning Shirley Mcclaine was in her day.

Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EasyChango Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2015 at 4:05am
I don't do cruises Zippy, I'd rather fly, then build my own itinerary.

But I wonder... with so many people in close quarters, do you have to put up with a lot of hipsters on these cruises?

zippyjet View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zippyjet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2015 at 4:43am
Originally posted by EasyChango EasyChango wrote:

I don't do cruises Zippy, I'd rather fly, then build my own itinerary.

But I wonder... with so many people in close quarters, do you have to put up with a lot of hipsters on these cruises?

I've done 5 Carnival Cruises and nary a hipster. Thank goodness. They'd be swimming with the fishies.
I approve this message.
EasyChango View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EasyChango Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2015 at 5:18am
LOL  I believe you Zippy... in my mind I see hipster hats floating on the surface as the sharks move in for their hipster chum!

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic