Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Walgreens-Red Nose Day (video)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Walgreens-Red Nose Day (video)
    Posted: 29 Apr 2015 at 7:45pm
Oh Lord, help me now.

I can't stand the Walgreens voice guy, I don't like the Walgreens ads.
Now, I am picturing some weird rendition of Donna, with a clown nose, with his bearded freakshow girlfriend.
I hate f**king drug stores too!!

Sponsored Links

Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2015 at 7:52pm
The only drugstore I really liked was Brooks Pharmacy of course the bastards who owned the company sold it to Rite Aid in 2006!
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
Darthhillbilly View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darthhillbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2015 at 8:32pm
It's almost May. I don't want to think about drug stores and red noses... sorry.

If I need an "As seen on TV" taco bowl maker or I feel like paying 175% full retail for something, I might stop in. Otherwise, y'all just be clownin'.
"It's never too late to choose life...instead of the internet. Just drop the mouse." - Darwin Watterson
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2015 at 8:44pm
"but Walgreens is a great company with huge benefits",  Wink
i8acannibal View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote i8acannibal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2015 at 9:09pm
LOL Especially if you get the "pushy" boss.. 
Say something clever here...

No, I'm too lazy. Imagine it yourself.
Darthhillbilly View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darthhillbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2015 at 9:16pm
Pfff, CVS is the new hot spot in town.
"It's never too late to choose life...instead of the internet. Just drop the mouse." - Darwin Watterson
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2015 at 9:20pm
Originally posted by Darthhillbilly Darthhillbilly wrote:

Pfff, CVS is the new hot spot in town.

Emphasis on HOT!
Papa Lazarou View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec
Formerly Codtaro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Papa Lazarou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2015 at 9:21pm
Is this Red Nose Day as in the charity thing? Didn't think that every happened Stateside...
Banana!
BANANA!!
BANANA!!!
BANANA!!
Banana!
LiberryGirl View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LiberryGirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2015 at 4:30am
I've been off Walgreens since they started that silly "Be well!" departure line. That is so stupid that it turned me against the whole store.
Snesgamer View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Snesgamer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2015 at 11:47am
Is this supposed to be some reference to Patch Adams or something?
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2015 at 2:21pm
Originally posted by Papa Lazarou Papa Lazarou wrote:

Is this Red Nose Day as in the charity thing? Didn't think that every happened Stateside...

Apparently, it is.

Red Nose Day, the U.K.'s #1 television fundraising event, is coming to America in a spectacular live star-studded special Thursday, May 21 (8-11 p.m. ET) on NBC.

NBC will televise the three-hour benefit - inspired and supported by Comic Relief U.K., the British charity behind Red Nose Day - featuring hilarious stand-up comedy, clever parodies, sketch comedy, incredible music performances from A-list artists and short, compelling films about the cause. Funny or Die, the award-winning top destination for comedy on the web and producer of high-quality content across numerous platforms, will partner with NBC to create original content for the special.

http://www.nbc.com/red-nose-day

Donathan View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donathan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2015 at 4:19pm
Originally posted by LiberryGirl LiberryGirl wrote:

I've been off Walgreens since they started that silly "Be well!" departure line. That is so stupid that it turned me against the whole store.

Liberry Girl, they have instructed us Walgreens employees to stop saying, "Be Well," after every transaction, because customers were apparently creeped out by it and were complaining about it. Thank God, because I myself was getting sick of it. I felt like a preprogrammed Robot chanting Be Well," after every transaction. Can you imagine saying that over 180 times a day, five times a week? That's over 900 times a week, 3600 a month, and over 43,000 times a year! Oh, the chanting boredom!
My name is Donathan, pronounced the same way you pronounce Jonathan, except with a D.๐Ÿ˜€ Hitting on a Lesbian who speaks to you and about you like trash means you're REALLY desperate! ๐Ÿ˜€

Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2015 at 4:20pm
I got a couple of cool cars at Walgreen's. A 1967 Chevy Camaro police car, a 2005 Hummer H2 SUT police car, a red 2015 Ford Mustang, a yellow Toyota 2000s Celica race car, A police 1955 Chevy Stepside pickup tow truck, and a red 1954 Mercedes Benz 300SL. Really cool ones!

By the way this is an annoying and stupid commercial, even on mute!
i8acannibal View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote i8acannibal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2015 at 5:34pm
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

Apparently, it is.

Red Nose Day, the U.K.'s #1 television fundraising event, is coming to America in a spectacular live star-studded special Thursday, May 21 (8-11 p.m. ET) on NBC.

NBC will televise the three-hour benefit - inspired and supported by Comic Relief U.K., the British charity behind Red Nose Day - featuring hilarious stand-up comedy, clever parodies, sketch comedy, incredible music performances from A-list artists and short, compelling films about the cause. Funny or Die, the award-winning top destination for comedy on the web and producer of high-quality content across numerous platforms, will partner with NBC to create original content for the special.

I was lost at "star studded". 
Say something clever here...

No, I'm too lazy. Imagine it yourself.
usmaak View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote usmaak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2015 at 6:38pm

Apparently, it is.

Can we choose the option of getting punched in the face for three hours?  That might be more enjoyable.

I notice that they're putting this on after all of the first run shows are done for the season.  I guess that they don't care as much about killing their ratings for the evening, in the off season.
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2015 at 6:56pm
Originally posted by usmaak usmaak wrote:

Apparently, it is.

<p style="-sizing: border-; margin-top: 0px; margin-bottom: 18px; font-family: Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif; font-size: 14.9940004348755px; line-height: 18px; : rgb231, 29, 51;">Red Nose Day, the U.K.'s #1 television fundraising event, is coming to America in a spectacular live star-studded special Thursday, May 21 (8-11 p.m. ET) on NBC.

<p style="-sizing: border-; margin-top: 0px; margin-bottom: 18px; font-family: Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif; font-size: 14.9940004348755px; line-height: 18px; : rgb231, 29, 51;">NBC will televise the three-hour benefit - inspired and supported by Comic Relief U.K., the British charity behind Red Nose Day - featuring hilarious stand-up comedy, clever parodies, sketch comedy, incredible music performances from A-list artists and short, compelling films about the cause. Funny or Die, the award-winning top destination for comedy on the web and producer of high-quality content across numerous platforms, will partner with NBC to create original content for the special.

<p style="-sizing: border-; margin-top: 0px; margin-bottom: 18px; font-family: Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif; font-size: 14.9940004348755px; line-height: 18px; : rgb231, 29, 51;">http://www.nbc.com/red-nose-day

<p style="-sizing: border-; margin-top: 0px; margin-bottom: 18px; font-family: Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif; font-size: 14.9940004348755px; line-height: 18px; : rgb231, 29, 51;">

Can we choose the option of getting punched in the face for three hours? ย That might be more enjoyable.

I notice that they're putting this on afterย all of the first run shows are done for the season. ย I guess that they don't care as much about killing their ratings for the evening, in the off season.

I know THREE HOURS!? This $#!* better be entertaining if it gonna be that long!
Papa Lazarou View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec
Formerly Codtaro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Papa Lazarou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2015 at 7:28pm
It'd probably do a LOT better if PBS or BBC America just simulcasted the REAL Red Nose Day. It'd definitely be funnier...
Banana!
BANANA!!
BANANA!!!
BANANA!!
Banana!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2015 at 7:45pm

It'd probably do a LOT better if PBS or BBC America just simulcasted the REAL Red Nose Day. It'd definitely be funnier...

Who would watch?  Not many, is my guess.  I've seen a lot of comedy, including British stuff, and sorry, British humor??  Generally, not funny.

Here's the lineup:
Hollywood's biggest stars are lining up to have fun, raise money and change lives, including Will Ferrell, Jennifer Hudson, Jack Black, John Krasinski, Emily Blunt, Michelle Rodriguez and Gwyneth Paltrow, along with music sensations Sam Smith, John Legend and The Voice coaches Adam Levine, Blake Shelton, Christina Aguilera and Pharrell Williams. Matt Lauer, Carson Daly, Nick Offerman, Elizabeth Banks, Chris Pine, Jeff Goldblum, Billy Eichner, Martin Short, Laura Linney, Anna Kendrick, Sean "Diddy" Combs and John Michael Higgins are also slated to appear, along with Bill and Melinda Gates, Stephen Merchant and many more.

No one I care about (most big names I like are dead or history by now), but pretty big names nonetheless.

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2015 at 8:05pm
I 'm getting sick of people, cashiers asking me if I want to donate to another cause.
Hey!  I'm just here buying some stuff I need and you have to ask me if I would like to donate?
This is bullsh*t, you want to scare away customers , promote some cause at the register.
Donathan View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donathan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2015 at 8:05pm
We have to push Red Nose Day at my Walgreens. The only problem is, many adults do not want to sport the Red Noses. Definitely more of a hit with the kids....
My name is Donathan, pronounced the same way you pronounce Jonathan, except with a D.๐Ÿ˜€ Hitting on a Lesbian who speaks to you and about you like trash means you're REALLY desperate! ๐Ÿ˜€

Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2015 at 10:49pm
Originally posted by Donathan Donathan wrote:

We have to push Red Nose Day at my Walgreens. The only problem is, many adults do not want to sport the Red Noses. Definitely more of a hit with the kids....

Ya think!?
usmaak View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote usmaak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2015 at 11:28pm

Who would watch?  Not many, is my guess.  I've seen a lot of comedy, including British stuff, and sorry, British humor??  Generally, not funny.

Here's the lineup:
Hollywood's biggest stars are lining up to have fun, raise money and change lives, including Will Ferrell, Jennifer Hudson, Jack Black, John Krasinski, Emily Blunt, Michelle Rodriguez and Gwyneth Paltrow, along with music sensations Sam Smith, John Legend and The Voice coaches Adam Levine, Blake Shelton, Christina Aguilera and Pharrell Williams. Matt Lauer, Carson Daly, Nick Offerman, Elizabeth Banks, Chris Pine, Jeff Goldblum, Billy Eichner, Martin Short, Laura Linney, Anna Kendrick, Sean "Diddy" Combs and John Michael Higgins are also slated to appear, along with Bill and Melinda Gates, Stephen Merchant and many more.

No one I care about (most big names I like are dead or history by now), but pretty big names nonetheless.

Are any of those people actually comedians?  I guess some would argue that Will Ferrell is (I would argue that he isn't), but other than that?  I've heard of some of these people, but not most of them.  And yea, the last time Bill Gates did a comedy skit, I'm sure that he absolutely killed it. Wink
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2015 at 11:38pm

I don't think it's solely comedy in England, either.  If something gets them attention, all sorts of celebs want to be a part of it.

Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2015 at 11:46pm
I only recognized and liked Jack Black and Jeff Goldblum, the rest I could give less than two $#!*s about.
BadAd View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BadAd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2015 at 1:04am
Not only is this seasonally inappropriate and way too vintage (Patch Adams) and just plain stupid, but also, I imagine the noses are made of plastic or foam of some kind, which are environmental pollutants at every stage or their development and disposal.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic