Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Lotrimin Under the Sheets Action

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GT/CS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Lotrimin Under the Sheets Action
    Posted: 22 Apr 2015 at 2:22am
This is easily one of the most offensive commercials I've EVER seen!  Who approved this junk?!!!  He or she should be fired.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NMUbqNi-sUk - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NMUbqNi-sUk
http://onemillionmoms.com/current-campaigns/bayer-is-itching-to-lose-customers-with-new-lotrimin-ad/ - http://onemillionmoms.com/current-campaigns/bayer-is-itching-to-lose-customers-with-new-lotrimin-ad/

OK, how does one post a link on this forum?

UPDATE! Bayer is pulling the ad immediately!

We have just received this statement from Bayer:

The commercial had been designed to use surprise and humor to dramatize the issues of Athlete’s Foot flare-ups, and in particular, itching, the most bothersome symptom facing sufferers. Its intent was to reinforce Lotrimin® Ultra’s effectiveness in curing most Athlete’s Foot between the toes and in the relief of symptoms.

As I mentioned, we completely understand that the use of surprise and humor in this commercial did not appeal to some viewers. Please be assured we do not want to offend our valued customers, and so the commercial has been discontinued.

Thanks again and best regards,

Anne Coiley
Director, Global Communications

Consumer Care
Bayer HealthCare LLC

Sponsored Links

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2015 at 4:09am

I don't see this as any sort of victory.  I'm just not into this sort of "action".  The commercial might be offensive to some, but I get tired of advertisers (and others) caving to the pressure of groups like "One Million Moms" (probably a few hundred, in reality).  Yeah, it's just an athlete's foot commercial, but what if they protested that interracial Cheerios commercial, and Cheerios caved?  This is the same mentality that created the Hays Code in 1934.

I don't really like a few people telling the rest of us what we should be allowed to watch.  I'm a grown man; if I find something offensive, I can avoid it.

i8acannibal View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote i8acannibal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2015 at 5:19am
Thumbs UpClap Couldn't agree more. Where are all these "One Million Moms" when their kids are sexting, bullying, and being complete morons by the age of 12? They're out bitching about other things like commercials and not keeping an eye on their own kids but telling everyone else how to raise theirs. These self righteous groups need to shut up and pay more attention to their own lives. Angry
Say something clever here...

No, I'm too lazy. Imagine it yourself.
DarkRealmStar View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarkRealmStar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2015 at 5:31am
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

I don't see this as any sort of victory.  I'm just not into this sort of "action".  The commercial might be offensive to some, but I get tired of advertisers (and others) caving to the pressure of groups like "One Million Moms" (probably a few hundred, in reality).  Yeah, it's just an athlete's foot commercial, but what if they protested that interracial Cheerios commercial, and Cheerios caved?  This is the same mentality that created the Hays Code in 1934.

I don't really like a few people telling the rest of us what we should be allowed to watch.  I'm a grown man; if I find something offensive, I can avoid it.

Here's some more action from One Million Moms:

http://onemillionmoms.com/current-campaigns/urgent-angies-list-bullies-indiana-over-religious-freedom/

Apparently, everything related to sex is offensive to this "Christian" group.  Including having to live in the same world as gays and lesbians.
Papa Lazarou View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec
Formerly Codtaro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Papa Lazarou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2015 at 7:02am
No one is caving to them. Advertisements take they natural route and it's very common for them to shorter their ads and remove bits after a few months. When natural course happens, 1MM just takes credit for it.
Banana!
BANANA!!
BANANA!!!
BANANA!!
Banana!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2015 at 12:48pm
ThatNerdInPhilly View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThatNerdInPhilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2015 at 12:48am
I've never seen this if it only aired on the Weather Channel, well thank you FIOS for removing that channel - - sarcasm. those jacka**es!Angry

But I'm cracking up (I have a twisted sense of humor) I just picture the creative morons in a meeting discussing this commercial before it even aired.

Creative Team: "Let's have a husband appear that he's masterbating while his wife wakes up in shock and horror. In a funny twist, he's only pleasuring himself by frantically scratching is fungus filled foot."

Creative Director: "OK, lets do it!"

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic