Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - In celebration of the start of the NHL playoffs
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

In celebration of the start of the NHL playoffs

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote usmaak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: In celebration of the start of the NHL playoffs
    Posted: 16 Apr 2015 at 12:28am
Actually, I couldn't care less.  My wife's the hockey fan, so the playoffs are on, and this gem is the first commercial that I saw...

During last year's playoffs, I must have seen this POS 1,000,000 times.  No exaggeration at all.  I am so glad to see them recycling this garbage for like the fourth year.  I shouldn't have expected anything better from Discovercard.
Sponsored Links

usmaak View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote usmaak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2015 at 12:42am
Frog Protection?
Fraud Protection
Frog Protection?
Fraud Protection.

OMG, that's absolutely NOT hysterical at all...

peachblossom666 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peachblossom666 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2015 at 3:10am
I stopped using my Discover card because they dropped the program they had where a small percentage of my purchases would benefit the Humane Society of the United States.  I still have to pay it off though.  Got a good deal on an interest-free promo deal for a long time.   Ermm
Jimmy View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2015 at 2:42am
Originally posted by usmaak usmaak wrote:

Frog Protection?
Fraud Protection
Frog Protection?
Fraud Protection.

OMG, that's absolutely NOT hysterical at all...

This is one of the people in a commercial of whom I love to punch directly in his face! I detest this guy....I'd also love to kick him in the nuts.

I also hate the Discover ad with the wife who's pissed off at her hubby because he purchased a puppy! f**k off you cold slag!
One man gathers what another man spills
usmaak View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote usmaak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2015 at 3:05am
Ahh yea, just saw that one.  What kind of bastard brings home a puppy?

madwoman View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote madwoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2015 at 3:16am
Originally posted by usmaak usmaak wrote:

Actually, I couldn't care less.  My wife's the hockey fan, so the playoffs are on, and this gem is the first commercial that I saw...

During last year's playoffs, I must have seen this POS 1,000,000 times.  No exaggeration at all.  I am so glad to see them recycling this garbage for like the fourth year.  I shouldn't have expected anything better from Discovercard.

Don't care. My Pens aren't really contending, so don't care. Not watching.
Triple J View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Triple J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2015 at 12:16am
LOL Somehow, I knew from the thread title that this was going to be about those damn Discover Card ads. It's insane. Absolutely insane. Year after year, they play these to death during hockey. I've thought about contacting NHL commissioner Gary Bettman to do something about it, but... that probably won't work. He's Gary Bettman.
usmaak View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote usmaak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2015 at 12:57am
They weren't funny or clever when they first came out, and they haven't aged well since.
Jimmy View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2015 at 12:40am
So what's up with that wimpy twat who doesn't like surprises and that screaming goat!
I detest that ad!
That twit needs to be bitch slapped!!
One man gathers what another man spills
usmaak View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote usmaak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2015 at 1:00am
I think that there's another one without the screaming goat.  If I remember, it's just a bunch of people yelling surprise.

Yea, here it is.  No screaming goat.

I don't get the whole screaming goat thing.

Well, at least I haven't had to see "awesome sauce" yet.  That one couldn't die fast enough.  That phrase makes me cringe. Angry
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2015 at 1:27am
That commercial was tolerable before the stupid yelling goat shi*. Frankly I would like to metaphorically get rid of the damn thing.
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
Triple J View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Triple J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2015 at 2:29am
Yeah, they remade the "I hate surprises" one for the Super Bowl. They thought they could fool us by making us think they're airing the same stupid ad they always do, then "ha-ha here's a screaming goat instead! Aren't we clever?" God, I can't believe I'm still posting about these DiscoverCard ads. Screw you, DiscoverCard, and this whole idiotic "doppelganger customer service rep" campaign. The National Hockey League should be ashamed and embarrassed to be sponsored by such a candy-ass baby-crap company. Jeez... just just... go away! Pinch
EMCEE View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EMCEE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2015 at 3:48am
Seeing the thumbnails of these commercial turds reminds me how happy I am that I quit paying for TV.

I remember that the commercial with the two black ladies was a lot more ignorant when it first aired.
Reader, suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself.

- Mark Twain

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic