Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Miscellaneous :: Off-Topic
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Uh oh! Trouble in store for a certain CIH member??
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Uh oh! Trouble in store for a certain CIH member??

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
Author
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Uh oh! Trouble in store for a certain CIH member??
    Posted: 09 Apr 2015 at 10:19pm
Just saw this reported on the news...

Quote Some Walgreens Shutting Doors
Drugstore chain Walgreens aims to close about 200 U.S. stores, expands cost-reduction plan.

By TOM MURPHY, AP Business Writer

Walgreens plans to close about 200 U.S. stores as the nation's largest drugstore chain expands on a $1 billion cost-reduction plan it announced last August.

The Deerfield, Illinois, company said Thursday that it also will reorganize its corporate operations and streamline its information technology and other functions. It expects the moves to add $500 million to its estimate for cost savings from its three-year plan.

The store closings amount to about 2 percent of the 8,232 drugstores it runs in the United States, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands.

Spokesman Michael Polzin said Walgreens hasn't finalized the list of stores it plans to shutter, and the closings will be scattered around the country.

http://www.usnews.com/news/business/articles/2015/04/09/walgreens-aims-to-close-about-200-us-stores

Could this be curtains for you know who????

No more lottery tickets, no more taxi rides... back to selling lollipops.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
Sponsored Links

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2015 at 10:25pm
Another middle aged white man on welfare....LOL

I thought we weren't supposed to talk about him?
i8acannibal View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote i8acannibal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2015 at 10:26pm
The one down the street from them is better anyways. Then again, so is CVS and Rite Aid.Wink
Say something clever here...

No, I'm too lazy. Imagine it yourself.
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2015 at 10:28pm
Jimbothan! I thought we agreed to use existing threads for 'one-off' matters like this, or corrupt taxi drivers, and so forth...WinkLOL
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
peachblossom666 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peachblossom666 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2015 at 10:30pm
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

Drugstore chain Walgreens aims to close about 200 U.S. stores, expands cost-reduction plan.

Walgreens plans to close about 200 U.S. stores as the nation's largest drugstore chain expands on a $1 billion cost-reduction plan it announced last August.

The Deerfield, Illinois, company said Thursday that it also will reorganize its corporate operations and streamline its information technology and other functions. It expects the moves to add $500 million to its estimate for cost savings from its three-year plan.

The store closings amount to about 2 percent of the 8,232 drugstores it runs in the United States, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands.

Spokesman Michael Polzin said Walgreens hasn't finalized the list of stores it plans to shutter, and the closings will be scattered around the country.

http://www.usnews.com/news/business/articles/2015/04/09/walgreens-aims-to-close-about-200-us-stores

This is the kind of post that just feeds The CIH Troll and makes him fat and happy.

I love you, Jimbo, but you need to lay off the (admittedly) funny references and make CIH a D-FREE ZONE.
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2015 at 10:32pm
Originally posted by PaWolf PaWolf wrote:

Jimbothan! I thought we agreed to use existing threads for 'one-off' matters like this, or corrupt taxi drivers, and so forth...WinkLOL

No, we didn't.

Don't know where you got that idea, PaW.

I think the issue was Donna starting silly, irrelevant, self serving threads designed to draw attention to himself.

This is a subject of general interest & it's not about me.

So... apples & oranges.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender

C'mon, man!
Darthhillbilly View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darthhillbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2015 at 10:33pm
I guess they got a little too greedy to sustain the low cost of Evian.

There was one built near us not too long ago, say... 5 or 6 years ago, that just closed last year. MrsD and I questioned why they would build a big new shiny one 2 miles away from us, when 2-1/2 miles from us (and 1-1/2 away from the new one) was another one.

Say, am I unignoring vicariously by posting in this thread?
"It's never too late to choose life...instead of the internet. Just drop the mouse." - Darwin Watterson
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2015 at 10:39pm
Originally posted by peachblossom666 peachblossom666 wrote:

This is the kind of post that just feeds The CIH Troll and makes him fat and happy.

I love you, Jimbo, but you need to lay off the (admittedly) funny references and make CIH a D-FREE ZONE.

I'm not out to get rid of Donathan. I just encouraged him to stop creating new threads about the boring, mundane minutiae of his daily life when could just post about it in an existing thread.

This is a broader, more encompassing subject related to something we've all been talking about anyway, so I don't see where it falls under the heading of taboo subject matter.

C'mon, man!
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote i8acannibal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2015 at 10:44pm
For a few minutes there all I could think of was:

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2015 at 11:08pm

There are 3 within maybe 3 miles of me.  San Francisco has about 70 of them.  They could lose a few.

timdubya View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timdubya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2015 at 1:03am
In Grand Island, Nebraska, there are two within two miles of each other.  Both have competing pharmacies close by.  One has a CVS near it and the grocery store across the street is getting a pharmacy.  The other one is across the street from the pharmacy I frequent.  Walgreens prescriptions are too damn high, so I go to that pharmacy across the street.
Donathan View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donathan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2015 at 1:23am
I am worried about Walgreens closing 200 stores.... I never thought Walgreens would be one of the companies shutting down stores *please don't be my Walgreens on the list, please don'tbe my Walgreens on the list....*
My name is Donathan, pronounced the same way you pronounce Jonathan, except with a D.😀 Hitting on a Lesbian who speaks to you and about you like trash means you're REALLY desperate! 😀

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2015 at 1:29am

I'm sure you'll get a big severance package.  Possibly dozens and dozens of dollars.

Donathan View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donathan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2015 at 1:36am
Thor, to quote a scam artist character on a TV show who was told his business went bust when his gullible followers found out about his scam and left his business, "I have no other skills!"
My name is Donathan, pronounced the same way you pronounce Jonathan, except with a D.😀 Hitting on a Lesbian who speaks to you and about you like trash means you're REALLY desperate! 😀

Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote i8acannibal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2015 at 1:41am
Lollipop salesman, award winning author and master gambler just to name a few.Wink

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2015 at 2:07am

Maybe you can channel the skills of Ken, Alex, Randy Crawford, Stim, Sandra, Anna, Nasha, Monica, Bryan, Talisha Niley, Number One Navy Seal, Nostrious Notorious or Notorious Nostrius.  Surely, one of them must have some sorta marketable skill.

Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote i8acannibal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2015 at 2:12am
Or maybe just concentrate on being a full time Seal.Wink

Donathan View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donathan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2015 at 2:13am
Well, only four of them had jobs, and Ken and Sandra were Walgreens Cashiers themselves..... Alex was a movie theater usher, and Stim was a waiter....

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2015 at 2:19am
There are plenty of hotels down there in South Florida, Donnie.

Gotta be a job in one of them for you.

Front desk clerk. Bellman. Valet.

Or room service waiter. Those guys make pretty good money, too.

C'mon, man!
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2015 at 2:23am
Originally posted by i8acannibal i8acannibal wrote:

Or maybe just concentrate on being a full time Seal.Wink
ConfusedI thought ALL of the tourists flocked to SEAL WORLD, near Orlando...
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2015 at 2:37am

Have you considered selling heroin outside the Marshall Johnson Academy?

MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2015 at 4:16am
No, he'll buy a crappy white van with his severance pay (thereby solving his transportation woes and giving him an affordable place to live), then drive by schools and daycare centers to sell kids his own special brand of Blowme Pops candy.   And he's quite sure that absolutely nothing can go wrong with his plan...  Wink LOL
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2015 at 4:30am
Originally posted by MrTim MrTim wrote:

No, he'll buy a crappy white van with his severance pay (thereby solving his transportation woes and giving him an affordable place to live), then drive by schools and daycare centers to sell kids his own special brand of Blowme Pops candy.   And he's quite sure that absolutely nothing can go wrong with his plan... 

So, this is gonna be Donathan a couple of months after his Walgreen's closes?...

And of course, there's always the plasma center....

C'mon, man!
sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2015 at 5:04am
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

I read the article this morning and that was also the same thing I thought of.
EEEEts All so REEEdEEEculous
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote i8acannibal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2015 at 5:05am
I can see the future:

And one last one. The van's a little too nice though.

There you go. Some quick ideas for your van purchase. Wink

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
  Share Topic