Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Taco Bell "Breakfast Defectors"

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote the_antigirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Taco Bell "Breakfast Defectors"
    Posted: 08 Apr 2015 at 2:48pm

Really? This is where we are as a society? That a fast food taco is "as good as mama's cookin'"? Pffft, my ass.

When's the last time your "mama" made a hearty breakfast of biscuits contorted into tacos and filled with fake scrambled egg and bacon, loaded with a side of 600 calories, just for fun?

Also, "Mary's" laugh... no. JUST NO.

Seems to me like the reason these two chose a TB breakfast is that it's 8am on a Sunday and they woke up still drunk from the night before.
Sponsored Links

Tully Blanchard View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Tully Blanchard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2015 at 3:06pm
Mary is totally cute and I'd love to sample her taco anytime.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2015 at 3:30pm

Breakfast for me when I was growing up was always a bowl of cereal.  That's what I preferred.  On the rare occasion when my mother would make us something, it would be just scrambled eggs---no cheese, no bacon, no bread.  We'd put salt and ketchup on them.

But as far as the message in the commercial (defect from McDonalds), it's lost on me.  I don't eat the Sausage Egg McMuffins enough to feel any need to "defect" from it.  Those things are delicious!

insanity213 View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote insanity213 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2015 at 3:37pm
Nice try, Taco Bell. I'll start going to McDonald's regularly in the mornings just to spite you and your pretentious goddamn commercials.

"Think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of 'em are stupider than that." - George Carlin

Darthhillbilly View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darthhillbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2015 at 3:39pm
Weekday mornings were cereal, weekends were country breakfasts.

I didn't like the Taco Bell biscuits. The crunch wraps were good, but the biscuit wasn't really a biscuit, it was yeasty bread-ish.

As for McMuffins? Just has a sausage egg and cheese this weekend, and it hit me. They charged me $2.99 for sausage EGG and cheese, but sausage and cheese is a buck.

That egg was a $1.99!!

Never again. I like em, but I'm not paying 2 bucks for 1 egg. Seriously, I can get 3 mcMuffins for the price of one EGG McMuffin.

Anyway, I have to drive past 3 or 4 McDs to get to one Taco Bell (currently, they're building a new one 2 McDs away), so I won't be defecting any time soon.
"It's never too late to choose life...instead of the internet. Just drop the mouse." - Darwin Watterson
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2015 at 3:48pm
Originally posted by insanity213 insanity213 wrote:

Nice try, Taco Bell. I'll start going to McDonald's regularly in the mornings just to spite you and your pretentious goddamn commercials.

Have you seen the one with the Ramones music?  I posted it in the Commercial Talk section.  It's pretty damned good.

usmaak View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote usmaak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2015 at 4:46pm

You never know.  Maybe you'll get your McDonalds food free, if you just hug someone.  Or was public backlash bad enough that they quit that?
Darthhillbilly View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darthhillbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2015 at 4:48pm
Originally posted by usmaak usmaak wrote:

You never know.  Maybe you'll get your McDonalds food free, if you just hug someone.  Or was public backlash bad enough that they quit that?

I haven't seen those ads for a while now, my guess would be they quit.
"It's never too late to choose life...instead of the internet. Just drop the mouse." - Darwin Watterson
insanity213 View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote insanity213 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2015 at 5:08pm
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

Have you seen the one with the Ramones music?  I posted it in the Commercial Talk section.  It's pretty damned good.

I haven't gotten to see that one yet, not on TV anyhow.  The only ones I've seen are this one and one with James Harden (basketball player).

EDIT*  I watched the Ramones one, pretty good Clap  Lots of subtle allusions to McDonalds throughout it.

"Think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of 'em are stupider than that." - George Carlin

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2015 at 6:12pm
I agree with the OP, these youngins are comparing this taco crap breakfast to a home cooked, southern breakfast?
Sorry people, that just doesn't fly.
My appetite has changed in recent years, but not to long ago, it was not uncommon for me or the wife to cook up....
Bacon
Eggs
Potatoes O'brian
Wheat toast
Breakfast used to be my favorite meal of the day.
MrCleveland View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrCleveland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2015 at 6:19pm
Is it me or...

...did Taco Bell pull a Schindler's List on us? (B&W film with some color)
Thank God for kids who love Obscure Things.

Lee Hazelwood (1929-2007)
Banderboy View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banderboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2015 at 3:01pm
Is that Amy Farrah Fowler? Confused
Every day my mind grows keener- my good arm stronger--- my silly enemies more futile---
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2015 at 3:08pm
Originally posted by Banderboy Banderboy wrote:

Is that Amy Farrah Fowler? Confused

Looks more like Andrea Tantaros from Fox News.

i8acannibal View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote i8acannibal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2015 at 6:28pm
I would think if these biscuits were as good or better than homemade that they would not fold, but instead crumble apart and eject its contents everywhere. Actually, it is Taco Bell so the false biscuit would probably be more than happy to vomit out the false contents anyway.Sick
Say something clever here...

No, I'm too lazy. Imagine it yourself.
sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2015 at 4:16am
Originally posted by aka ron aka ron wrote:

I agree with the OP, these youngins are comparing this taco crap breakfast to a home cooked, southern breakfast?
My appetite has changed in recent years, but not to long ago, it was not uncommon for me or the wife to cook up....

Bacon

Eggs

Potatoes O'brian

Wheat toast

My maternal Grandfather's breakfasts were epic. Various combinations of bacon, ham, sausage, eggs, potatoes, biscuits, sausage gravy, red eye gravy, SOS, pancakes, and French toast. I always enjoy relating this to granola crunching health freaks. When they comment that consuming those foods is suicidal. I can answer "Yeah! Killed him deader-n-sh*t at 90"!
EEEEts All so REEEdEEEculous
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2015 at 4:31am

^  I'd need to take a nap after one of those breakfasts.

sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2015 at 4:46am
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

^  I'd need to take a nap after one of those breakfasts.

I was 8 to 14 y/o and immune to calories. When we finished at 4:30 AM we would pack a monster lunch and go salmon fishing. Now days when I have breakfast it is fairly light.
EEEEts All so REEEdEEEculous
rockorbe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote rockorbe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2015 at 1:51pm
Food looks​ nasty as hell, will probably give painful diarrhea.

Breakfast defector indeed.
Dirtdog View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dirtdog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2015 at 4:47pm
Mary is super cute and I'd like to put my beef in her taco..

Dominick may be the biggest DOUCHE currently airing on commercials please dont tell me he's hitting that???
Tully Blanchard View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tully Blanchard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2015 at 5:52pm
Originally posted by Dirtdog Dirtdog wrote:

Mary is super cute and I'd like to put my beef in her taco..

Dominick may be the biggest DOUCHE currently airing on commercials please dont tell me he's hitting that???

He runs for her border every night, my man.
madwoman View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote madwoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2015 at 4:29am
Originally posted by sgtrock21 sgtrock21 wrote:

Originally posted by aka ron aka ron wrote:

Bacon

Eggs

Potatoes O'brian

Wheat toast

My maternal Grandfather's breakfasts were epic. Various combinations of bacon, ham, sausage, eggs, potatoes, biscuits, sausage gravy, red eye gravy, SOS, pancakes, and French toast. I always enjoy relating this to granola crunching health freaks. When they comment that consuming those foods is suicidal. I can answer "Yeah! Killed him deader-n-sh*t at 90"!

Dippy eggs, bacon, and toast. Though now that I'm vegetarian, no more bacon. But nooooo scrambled eggs. Yuck.

Donathan View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donathan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2015 at 7:18pm
I like McDonald's breakfast better myself. Sausage biscuit and a small coffee or soda for $2.14, and I'm good. If I want to splurge a little, I'll get the Mocha Frappe and the sausage biscuit for $3.85.
My name is Donathan, pronounced the same way you pronounce Jonathan, except with a D.😀 Hitting on a Lesbian who speaks to you and about you like trash means you're REALLY desperate! 😀

DirtyD79 View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote DirtyD79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2015 at 12:37pm
Yeah fight the power, rock on! Nothing says stickin' it to the man like eating crappy fast food from a big corporation.  
Mind on My Money, Money on My Beer
FennelCartwright View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FennelCartwright Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2015 at 10:34pm
Originally posted by DirtyD79 DirtyD79 wrote:

Yeah fight the power, rock on! Nothing says stickin' it to the man like eating crappy fast food from a big corporation.  

Right? It's pretty much the same $hit every other multinational fast food business sells except they came up with the genius idea to jam a greasy hash brown into the thing. Such innovation.
EMCEE View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EMCEE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2015 at 3:35pm
Probably shouldn't use a slogan with "defect" being the root of one the words. Or use a hipster douchebag in a commercial who is a walking talking defect of birth.
Reader, suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself.

- Mark Twain

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic