Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Internet Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Car Insurance- "Cockroach"

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adsontherun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Car Insurance- "Cockroach"
    Posted: 02 Apr 2015 at 4:07pm
This one appeared on Kick the Buddy, so I don't know if it's gonna be the right secction. We don't have a Mobile Ads, though, do we?

Anyway, this one is one of those "Ridiculously EASY TRICK- CAR INSURANCE COMPANIES HATE IT!" kidns of ads, but it relies on showing up on mobile only. It has a (badly-drawn) cockroach walking across the ad over and over again. It expects you to touch the cockroach to kill it, similarly to those YouTube avatars that are the default pictures, but there is a giant fly on it or something.
Sometimes the loneliness gets to you.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
No amount of cheers and claps can make anything better.
*^7^&^^^^@($&(@1(*$@~~~~~~~~
1936!
Sponsored Links

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2015 at 4:58pm

I think that idea came from the X-Files in an episode about cockroaches, in which they had one appear to walk across your TV screen, as if it was really there.

Adsontherun View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adsontherun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2015 at 11:16pm
X-Files...
hmm...
search "Illuminati Confirmed music"
1936!
Donathan View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donathan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2015 at 11:23pm
I remember Orkin doing something similar in the 2000s. They had an ad on TV thatappeared to be for laundry detergent and I think body wash. Lo and behold, a roach comes out of nowhere, crawling on the screen. The laundry ad/body wash look surprisingly legit, and so does the roach. Then Orkin pops up, offering services to get rid of roaches and other pests. Viewers were so taken by the roach trick, that they broke their TVs by throwing their real life items at the fake roach. I think viewers were even trying to get Orkin to pay for their broken TVs....
My name is Donathan, pronounced the same way you pronounce Jonathan, except with a D.😀 Hitting on a Lesbian who speaks to you and about you like trash means you're REALLY desperate! 😀

Adsontherun View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adsontherun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2015 at 11:43am
LOL ...your'e kidding, right?
1936!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic