Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Miscellaneous :: Off-Topic
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

What the f**k is going on with CIH?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Number One Navy Seal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What the f**k is going on with CIH?
    Posted: 26 Mar 2015 at 11:13pm
Just so damn f**king weird that I am now listed as a Newbie, even though, I was just listed as a Junior Executive yesterday. Why the hell am I suddenly being listed as a Newbie?
Sponsored Links

Papa Lazarou View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec
Formerly Codtaro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Papa Lazarou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2015 at 11:16pm
Do not question the ways, for the ways are the way things fall by the wayside and that's the way, and we do not question the ways of the way as they are way out of our understanding.

Now have some whey.
Banana!
BANANA!!
BANANA!!!
BANANA!!
Banana!
NiteRaidah View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NiteRaidah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2015 at 11:25pm
Try slamming a claw hammer through your hard drive.  That usually fixes minor issues.
i8acannibal View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote i8acannibal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2015 at 3:25am
LOLA big magnet could also do the trick quite nicely. Wink
Say something clever here...

No, I'm too lazy. Imagine it yourself.
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2015 at 6:30am
If you mess with the big dog, you get demoted. Tongue
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2015 at 12:45pm

I don't really remember how the status thing works, but I also see that Navy Seal now only has 3 "points"...and no avatar.  Maybe this stuff limits what you can do at CIH.  For instance, maybe you have to make a certain number of points before you can start your own threads.  That would be one way to prevent spammers from starting threads to hawk their stuff.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2015 at 12:51pm
NONS never had an avatar.

I think the US govt doesn't allow them to.

Some kind of national security thing.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2015 at 1:15pm

I can picture NONS doing a Bowe Bergdahl.

Oh, there's another thing---would a real Navy SEAL use lower case letters when they type it?  Not that any of us believe he's one, anyway.  LOL

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2015 at 1:38pm
Walrus.
Yea - that's it.
Not a 'Seal', but rather, a 'Walrus'.
NONW
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2015 at 1:40pm
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

Oh, there's another thing---would a real Navy SEAL use lower case letters when they type it?  Not that any of us believe he's one, anyway.  LOL

If he was this kind of seal he would...

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender

C'mon, man!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2015 at 1:42pm

LOL

That's exactly how I picture him.  Even the face looks like his favorite smiley.  Tongue

sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2015 at 5:27pm
Originally posted by i8acannibal i8acannibal wrote:

Thanks for reminding me of a funny work story. I made a trip to our Military Department to see the main IT guy for something. He was on his way to a service call so I tagged along. A user complained that their desktop was making noises and they could not open a lot of files. We discovered at least 2 dozen refrigerator magnets plastered on their computer case including over the cooling fan vent!
EEEEts All so REEEdEEEculous
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2015 at 5:36pm
Originally posted by PaWolf PaWolf wrote:

Walrus.
Yea - that's it.
Not a 'Seal', but rather, a 'Walrus'.
NONW
But, I am the Walrus.  Tongue

sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2015 at 6:13pm
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

I questioned the use of "Seal" some time ago. I have only met a handful of SEALs but I can't imagine them confusing the acronym for SEA/AIR/LAND (the environments they operate in) with an aquatic sea mammal.   
EEEEts All so REEEdEEEculous
Number One Navy Seal View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Number One Navy Seal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2015 at 6:16pm
Well maybe, just maybe, when I was choosing my username for CIH, I forgot to put SEAL in all caps. It's human nature to forget to do little things like that. I am a proud Navy SEAL, and love my job as a SEAL....
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote i8acannibal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2015 at 6:31pm
Originally posted by sgtrock21 sgtrock21 wrote:

Originally posted by i8acannibal i8acannibal wrote:

Thanks for reminding me of a funny work story. I made a trip to our Military Department to see the main IT guy for something. He was on his way to a service call so I tagged along. A user complained that their desktop was making noises and they could not open a lot of files. We discovered at least 2 dozen refrigerator magnets plastered on their computer case including over the cooling fan vent!

LOLLOL

ForumAdmin View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Forum Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ForumAdmin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2015 at 6:59pm
Originally posted by Number One Navy Seal Number One Navy Seal wrote:

Well maybe, just maybe, when I was choosing my username for CIH, I forgot to put SEAL in all caps. It's human nature to forget to do little things like that. I am a proud Navy SEAL, and love my job as a SEAL....

Wait, so you are an active duty SEAL right now?
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2015 at 7:17pm
A direct question that deserves an answer.

No member of the military would make himself look like such an ass.
Darthhillbilly View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darthhillbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2015 at 7:39pm
Aaaand, he bails.
"It's never too late to choose life...instead of the internet. Just drop the mouse." - Darwin Watterson
insanity213 View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote insanity213 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2015 at 8:18pm

"Think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of 'em are stupider than that." - George Carlin

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2015 at 8:27pm
DonaQuaid?

C'mon, man!
Darthhillbilly View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darthhillbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2015 at 8:28pm
Originally posted by Number One Navy Seal Number One Navy Seal wrote:

Just popped by the ol' profile, you know, for kicks. Seems you forgot to capitalize the acronym in your listed occupation too. Yet you capitalized the first letter in each word of the new user name. 

Hmm....

Nope, not buyin' it. You picked and chose what to capitalize, but forgot to capitalize SEAL? SEAL? The most important part of the name you chose? "Number" doesn't mean much, neither does "One". You got Navy right, so.... points for that. But the acronym that defines you, that you trained so hard to achieve, that you see all day every day.... you "forgot"?

Confused
"It's never too late to choose life...instead of the internet. Just drop the mouse." - Darwin Watterson
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2015 at 8:56pm
Q.) What do a woman at a Tupperware party & a horny walrus have in common?

A.) They're both looking for a tight seal.

Ohhhh Donathaaaaan!!!!

Come here pleeeaaase....

C'mon, man!
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote i8acannibal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2015 at 9:00pm
LOLLOL Careful now, he/they might get a dishonorable erection. Wink Would make thinking of and typing a reply a little difficult.

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2015 at 9:12pm
LOLLOL
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic