Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Miscellaneous :: Recommended / Not Recommended
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Burger King Yumbo!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrCleveland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Burger King Yumbo!
    Posted: 26 Mar 2015 at 1:01am
I'm NOT a fan of Burger King, but the Ham and Cheese Yumbo is named right as rain!

I had two today and if BK has the Yumbo on their menu...that's what I'll eat!
Thank God for kids who love Obscure Things.

Lee Hazelwood (1929-2007)
Sponsored Links

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2015 at 1:53am
Looks pretty good....

...but then again, it looks like something you could easily make at home for a fraction of the price.

Unless they're on the dollar menu.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
i8acannibal View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote i8acannibal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2015 at 1:17am
These are pretty good. Nice to be able to get something different than beef, chicken or fish from a fast food joint. Not a bad deal a 2 for $5 either.
Say something clever here...

No, I'm too lazy. Imagine it yourself.
Darthhillbilly View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darthhillbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2015 at 8:47am
That looks like a sound choice over a burger at 2 for 5, if you happen to be out and need food. I'm with Jimbo though. UNLESS I'm out and super hungry and can't wait until I get home, I'd just make a ham sandwich at home... because...

BIG DUMB HILLBILLY MONEY-SAVING TIP TIME!!

If you have a freezer at home, a lot of stores run specials on turkeys just before Thanksgiving, and hams just before Christmas and Easter. We buy 4 turkeys, already frozen, and store them away, and cook one up every couple months. We buy 2 hams around Christmas, and 2 more around Easter. (The hams are $1.37/lb at Meijer right now)

Cook one up now and then, portion it out, and re-freeze. ham sandwiches in a jiffy for not only a fraction of the cost of fast food, but a fraction of the cost of processed lunch meat. Save the bone back for soup beans.

This has been a PSA from a tightwad with a freezer in his garage.
"It's never too late to choose life...instead of the internet. Just drop the mouse." - Darwin Watterson
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2015 at 12:55pm
Yep. And even if you go the packaged lunch meat or sliced deli route, it's still cheaper than paying $2.50 apiece at BK.

I mean, it's just ham & cheese on a hoagie roll with lettuce tomato etc.

Too easy to make at home.

And like Dhb said... if you're out on the road & need a food stop, then by all means.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2015 at 8:28pm

Just had a few the other day - worth 2 for $5, but not spectacular. Cheap Black Forest Ham, melted Velveeta, and lettuce. Yummmbo!

X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic