Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Panera Bread 'Eat Adventurously' (video)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2015 at 8:47pm
Originally posted by Darthhillbilly Darthhillbilly wrote:

The asiago bagels are good, and they have/had a cinnamon one that was good if you were in the mood for sweet. The rent-a-car guys used to bring in bags of them every now and then, so I have no clue what they cost. I think I've set foot in a Panera once.

Do kinda miss those bagels though.

The first time I tried them was when I was visiting this high end, upscale mall that had just opened a few months earlier. I was hungry & wanted something to eat, but the food court prices were ridiculous. Then I saw the Panera Bread, so I went in & got two Asiago cheese bagels & a Coke for just under three bucks.

Nice little snack that didn't cost an arm & a leg.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
Sponsored Links

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2015 at 9:28pm

I wonder what East Coast Jews think of the bagels at Panera.  Many mock the bagels here on the West Coast for being little more than regular old rolls with a hole in the middle.  The bagels I grew up on were dense and chewy, not soft.

purple rose View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote purple rose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2015 at 9:46pm
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

I wonder what East Coast Jews think of the bagels at Panera.  Many mock the bagels here on the West Coast for being little more than regular old rolls with a hole in the middle.  The bagels I grew up on were dense and chewy, not soft.

I grew up in NY (Lawn Guyland to be precise) so yeah, I know exactly what you mean.  When we moved to CA I had trouble finding a decent bagel.  I had high hopes for Noah's with their NY subway theme but nope, just a roll with a hole.  When we moved to Palo Alto I found a place called Izzy's and finally, the real deal!  They even have baked salmon salad, and of course they're always busy.
I've never had a Panera bagel.  That would be like having soba noodles at Panera.
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2015 at 10:02pm
The reason that they're dense & chewy, is because just prior to baking them, they dunk them in boiling water for about a half a minute or so.

Same with the big, soft pretzels, which are really nothing more than bagels stretched out thinner & folded in a knot.

I've had bagels in NY before. They're certainly better than most of what you get at places like Einstein & so on.

I think Lender's bagels are actually pretty close to what I remember having there.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2015 at 6:08pm
[look!]
I want to beat the announcer to a pulp for more reasons than one...the BIG one being *I* have *never* eaten in a Panera Bakery, but I have helped build one and this jerk has just killed all the anticipation built up inside of me.
About 10 miles from here is a Panera, built about 15 years ago, at an earlier time when I was watching over 'The Estate At The Swamp' (I was bored and wanted something to do for a few days, so, went to Labor Ready and got on the construction crew for a week). The BIG event was when they delivered the bread oven - none of us 'Slave Ready' crowd got to work on it...and it didn't do noodles.

X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
CaptainErnie View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CaptainErnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2015 at 6:31pm
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

Yikes! I was trying to be reasonable, too!!!

Who would fork over 8 bucks for a bowl of ramen worth about 15ยข????

Knuckleheads, that's who!!!!

That's what I was thinking!

Children are just God's little way of punishing us for having sex
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2015 at 6:43pm

Yeah, but they probably serve Top Ramen, not any of that more lowly ramen.

Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2015 at 8:29pm
In my humble opinion that noodles and such doesn't sound all that filling. I've eaten at a Panera Bread ONCE I can't remember what I ate there probably not that memorable at all. Oh yeah it was a sandwich of some sort, I think. I believe it coated $8.00.
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
Dreamstalker View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dreamstalker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2015 at 3:21pm
I had one of those bowls once (half-price coupon for watching a few of those dumb videos on their site), it was ok.  If I want real pho there are about eight places within walking distance though.
MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2015 at 4:54am
'Eat Adventurously!' sounds too much like 'Russian Roulette with food'.

"Try our new Panera Bread Sun-Baked Salmon Salad or the Ham Tartar & Egg Wrap!"

Sick Dead
purple rose View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote purple rose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2015 at 5:06am
Originally posted by MrTim MrTim wrote:

'Eat Adventurously!' sounds too much like 'Russian Roulette with food'. 

"Try our new Panera Bread Sun-Baked Salmon Salad or the Ham Tartar & Egg Wrap!"

Sick Dead

Makes me think of Anthony Bourdain eating whatever nasty animal parts the natives give him.  Yak scrotum is adventurous, chicken soup with soba noodles is not.  
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic