Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Ad Council Commercials

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ahough Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ad Council Commercials
    Posted: 19 Mar 2015 at 10:23pm
I listen to a lot of talk shows on WiFi radio.  About 100 times a day I get these nauseating Ad Council commercials like, "Hi, I am Sam Jackson" or some stupid thing about a time machine, or some college 529 Fund.  If I didn't have to listen to them seemingly hundreds of times a day, I might be able to stand them.  But THEY ARE DRIVING ME INSANE!  
Sponsored Links

Donathan View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donathan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2015 at 8:36am
Welcome to CIH! Gives some delicious Publix cake and Publix Premium Ice Cream.... Also, I honestly think the Ad Council is the new "Partnership For A Drug Free America," PSA, except their more focused on anti alcohol than drugs, (They had an ad that showed two pictures of the same car crash, left picture said "car crash happened while driver was buzzed" and right picture said "Car crash happened while driver was drunk)

Keeping in mind that both pictures were of the same crash, and the bottom said, "Buzzed driving is the same as drunk driving. Don't drink and drive." The Ad Council also preaches tolerance (The "Using the word Gay," when you really mean stupid or lame" is hurtful. Knock it off," series)
My name is Donathan, pronounced the same way you pronounce Jonathan, except with a D.😀 Hitting on a Lesbian who speaks to you and about you like trash means you're REALLY desperate! 😀

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2015 at 8:53am
Nevermind Donathan and his pretend gift of ice cream and cake, he has demons and fiends to deal with.
peachblossom666 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peachblossom666 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2015 at 9:19am
Originally posted by aka ron aka ron wrote:

Nevermind Donathan and his pretend gift of ice cream and cake, he has demons and fiends to deal with.
Didn't Donnie Boy pull this crap with another newbie recently and then we never heard from them again?  What's with the Publix Welcome Wagon?  Confused
MrCleveland View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrCleveland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2015 at 1:38pm
Originally posted by Donathan Donathan wrote:

Also, I honestly think the Ad Council is the new "Partnership For A Drug Free America," PSA, except their more focused on anti alcohol than drugs, (They had an ad that showed two pictures of the same car crash, left picture said "car crash happened while driver was buzzed" and right picture said "Car crash happened while driver was drunk)

Keeping in mind that both pictures were of the same crash, and the bottom said, "Buzzed driving is the same as drunk driving. Don't drink and drive." The Ad Council also preaches tolerance (The "Using the word Gay," when you really mean stupid or lame" is hurtful. Knock it off," series)

I have a spoof of the Tolerance one, Joe Pesci is in it, he says TSG...then someone says "Okay, what would happen if someone says 'Thats So Da**'"? Then Joe goes-off like he does in a Scorcese Film..."What do you mean That's So Da**...I'm a f**kin' Da**"! Then that someone says "See...now how does it feel"? Pesci would say "Motherf**kin' Mutt! You Piece Of sh*t"! Peschi walks away and the Tolerance guy says "That's so WASP"!
Thank God for kids who love Obscure Things.

Lee Hazelwood (1929-2007)
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2015 at 4:15pm
I hate the one where some band screeches for some asthma ad "DoNttt SsmmOkokee in the hOUSE Ouse" I cannot stand that dubstep!
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2015 at 5:13pm
Originally posted by peachblossom666 peachblossom666 wrote:

Originally posted by aka ron aka ron wrote:

Didn't Donnie Boy pull this crap with another newbie recently and then we never heard from them again?  What's with the Publix Welcome Wagon?  Confused
Wink
When I read the Publix Ice Cream (pitch). The dipsh*t meter pegs.

Again, I vote we take him off of the welcoming committee.

I may not have the greatest social graces but I bet somebody here will agree.
peachblossom666 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peachblossom666 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2015 at 8:41pm
What I wanted to write here could be interpreted as causing gross bodily harm to a CIH member, which is against the forum rules.  But it involves the wagon.  Wink
crainbebo View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crainbebo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2015 at 10:21pm
Ah - the Breathe Easies...what a classic. Not. I can't stand their dubstep techno PSA. Who in the hell at the Ad Council came up with that unbelievable idea?
I miss the Crash Test Dummies...

Back after a long absence...still hating those commercials. Go away Limu Emu and Doug!
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2015 at 10:33pm
Originally posted by crainbebo crainbebo wrote:

Ah - the Breathe Easies...what a classic. Not. I can't stand their dubstep techno PSA. Who in the hell at the Ad Council came up with that unbelievable idea?
I miss the Crash Test Dummies...

Is that what that POS band is called? Thanks! I totally forgot about it! About the Crash Dummies didn't they have a TV show back in the 90s? Also didn't they have a toy line too? Could've sworn they had toys in Stop & Shop and maybe Finest.
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
Number One Navy Seal View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Number One Navy Seal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2015 at 7:36pm
What I up with you "giving" newbies Publix cake and Publix ice cream? You do know that many Newbies do not live in Florida(or any other state that Publix stores are located in) and have no idea what a Publix is,(sure you and I both know what Publix is, as we both live in Florida, but lots of people live in say, New York, which doesn't have a Publix) so you come across as a creepy creep.
Donathan View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donathan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2015 at 10:27pm
Maybe, just maybe, I enjoy giving Newbies delicious Publix cake and Publix Premium Ice Cream. They are delicious!
My name is Donathan, pronounced the same way you pronounce Jonathan, except with a D.😀 Hitting on a Lesbian who speaks to you and about you like trash means you're REALLY desperate! 😀

MrCleveland View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrCleveland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2015 at 5:58pm
Originally posted by Number One Navy Seal Number One Navy Seal wrote:

What I up with you "giving" newbies Publix cake and Publix ice cream? You do know that many Newbies do not live in Florida(or any other state that Publix stores are located in) and have no idea what a Publix is,(sure you and I both know what Publix is, as we both live in Florida, but lots of people live in say, New York, which doesn't have a Publix) so you come across as a creepy creep.

Pubix sounds nasty...how did they get that sh*t past the radar?

PS-Remember when PSA commercials were not only serious, but fun as well like this?...

Thank God for kids who love Obscure Things.

Lee Hazelwood (1929-2007)
tommy0122 View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tommy0122 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2016 at 3:42pm
I think that the Ad Council gets to run their crap as a public service, so it's free to them. If the stuff they run isn't annoying enough, they run them several times an hour. I an so sick of the one that promotes homosexuality. I call it the gay xray.
AdAnalyzer View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AdAnalyzer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2016 at 9:02pm
The Ad Council used to have very powerful PSA's, but for the past ten years or so they have been mediocre at best with a few exceptions. Some of the new ones might be kind of cool the first time you hear them, but after repeated viewings, you're wanting to pull your hair out and change the channel ASAP. Personally I like scary PSA's the best, or really funny ones. The British are some of the best producers of PSA's I've ever seen, though they call them PIFs.
Commercials are awesome, except the annoying ones.
crash1984 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crash1984 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2016 at 3:05am
From the time I was in third grade all the way up until after I graduated high school my dad worked second shift. Since we only had one car if me and my mother had plans she would have to keep the car and we would have to go pick up my dad at work. Anyway I remember they would always have these annoying Ad-Council commercials on the radio but there were three that were most annoying.

First one was about vaccinating children. It had some man saying the names of various diseases and you really could not even understand him.

Another one was about the importance of using packaging made from recycled products. This was set up like a love story and had a woman say in a ridiculous voice "Garbanzo Beans". To this day I will still say the phrase Garbanzo beans like it was said in the commercial.

The third one was another recycled product commercial. This one though was kids discussing pudding and said one of the things you look for on a package of pudding are the words "100% Pudding" Like the Garbanzo beans I will still use the phrase 100% pudding from time to time.
crainbebo View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crainbebo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2016 at 1:50pm
All I ever see nowadays from the Ad Council is those PSAs for not texting while driving, or the one where the woman scolds her kids for not putting their seat belt on. "Never Give Up Until They Buckle Up" is the campaign.
McGruff, Smokey, Drug-Free America, where are thou?
Back after a long absence...still hating those commercials. Go away Limu Emu and Doug!
windycitykit View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote windycitykit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2016 at 1:28pm

ANTS IN THEIR PANTS.
by the Ad Council
Really?
could this be more annoying?
Go brush your teeth, kids!

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic