Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Miscellaneous :: Off-Topic
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Songs you're getting tired of hearing everywhere
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Songs you're getting tired of hearing everywhere

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thedude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Songs you're getting tired of hearing everywhere
    Posted: 11 Mar 2015 at 11:24pm
It was refreshing the first few dozen times, but I've been hearing this one non-stop for a couple months now. At least it's not "Happy".

Sponsored Links

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2015 at 11:50pm

Isn't this kind of an exercise in sado/masochism?  LOL

thedude View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote thedude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2015 at 3:32am
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

Isn't this whole site? LOL

MIND BLOWN Wink
http://i3.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/288/648/776.gif
i8acannibal View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote i8acannibal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2015 at 3:38am
It just makes me think his idol is Michael Jackson. Thumbs Down  The only thing that was good by him was Thriller. And I could be partial to that from listening to that song on either a 45 or 78 as a very young kid. It was even on a Fisher Price player.
Say something clever here...

No, I'm too lazy. Imagine it yourself.
Donathan View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donathan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2015 at 7:41am
I like Uptown Funk, it seems like something that was in the '70s and 80s, so it's good that Bruno Mars is showing the Retro Era some love. It's miles better than the slightly monotone, "I'm So Awesome," song in recent/current radio play.
My name is Donathan, pronounced the same way you pronounce Jonathan, except with a D.๐Ÿ˜€ Hitting on a Lesbian who speaks to you and about you like trash means you're REALLY desperate! ๐Ÿ˜€

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2015 at 12:30pm
Originally posted by thedude thedude wrote:

Isn't this whole site? LOL

MIND BLOWN Wink
http://i3.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/288/648/776.gif

True.  Dwelling on things we don't like is probably not the healthiest thing in the world.  LOL

Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2015 at 1:41pm
Originally posted by Donathan Donathan wrote:

I like Uptown Funk, it seems like something that was in the '70s and 80s, so it's good that Bruno Mars is showing the Retro Era some love. It's miles better than the slightly monotone, "I'm So Awesome," song in recent/current radio play.

I actually agree! Well said Donathan! Now was it that hard to make good music current artists? Hmmmm?
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2015 at 1:46pm
Originally posted by i8acannibal i8acannibal wrote:

It just makes me think his idol is Michael Jackson. Thumbs Down  The only thing that was good by him was Thriller. And I could be partial to that from listening to that song on either a 45 or 78 as a very young kid. It was even on a Fisher Price player.

A 78???  In the 1980s??  Are you sure?

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2015 at 2:11pm
He's only 35.
78's were on there way out in the early to mid 60's, 45's and LP's were taking over.
I doubt Thriller was EVER on a 78.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2015 at 2:21pm

The only 78s I ever had were the ones I found in my aunt's basement from the 1920s and 30s, and these little yellow kiddy records I had in the late 50s.  I remember a 16rpm setting on an old record player, but I never had any such record.

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2015 at 2:28pm
That's an interesting point, I remember the 16 too.

insanity213 View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote insanity213 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2015 at 2:29pm
The thing I remember most about 78 was it being a speed setting on my record player and using it to hear the Chipmunks LOL  

"Think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of 'em are stupider than that." - George Carlin

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2015 at 2:36pm
In my first post, I can only describe the records in my house at the time, I was born in 59. I had older brothers and sisters so there was pop music in the house.
regulus View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote regulus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2015 at 2:57pm
LOL
Originally posted by insanity213 insanity213 wrote:

The thing I remember most about 78 was it being a speed setting on my record player and using it to hear the Chipmunks

LOLLOLLOLLOLLOL

When I was a kid a friend showed me how to switch wires, causing the record player to play records BACKWARDS! LOLBig smileLOL

Poiuyt Power!!!
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2015 at 9:01pm
Dammit! I had a song in mind but I forgot! Stupid brain! *smacks head repeatedly*
timdubya View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timdubya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2015 at 9:13pm
78 speed makes anyone sound like the Chipmunks.  My family's first stereo, a portable Arvin record player, had a 16rpm setting.  I also remember those children's 78s.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2015 at 10:11pm
Originally posted by timdubya timdubya wrote:

78 speed makes anyone sound like the Chipmunks.  

Conversely, if you played a Chipmunks 45 at 33, it sounds like normal voices singing.

Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2015 at 1:58pm
Now I remember! Thanks to hearing it again its that stupid "Just Like Animals" song by Maroon 5! Cool at first, mind numbingly boring the 300th time!
Donathan View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donathan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2015 at 2:26pm
Ad, I wonder when Adam Levine begun singing in that horrible, really high pitched, loud screeching voice he uses in Just Like Animals." He didn't sing like that in his first hit songs, such as This Love and She Will Be Loved. Sure, his voice did go high pitched when he sings, "Wiiiiiiilll," in "She Will Be Loved," but, it's a low high pitch, and not a loud high pitch....
My name is Donathan, pronounced the same way you pronounce Jonathan, except with a D.๐Ÿ˜€ Hitting on a Lesbian who speaks to you and about you like trash means you're REALLY desperate! ๐Ÿ˜€

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2015 at 2:50pm

Adam Levine has always been what's wrong with contemporary rock music.  Totally bland person, totally bland music.  Maybe it was the Proactiv that did it to him.

Donathan View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donathan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2015 at 3:05pm
Thor, LOL, Proactiv. Remember when Sean Combs did Proactiv?    It moisturizes my situation. It preserves my sexy." Also, I always thought Sean's skin looked ready to break out any second. Not exactly the perfect Candidate for Acne prevention/ Acne removal Spokesperson....

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2015 at 3:10pm
Originally posted by Donathan Donathan wrote:

That "Uptown Funk" song is very Prince-like.

Especially the guitar part.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2015 at 3:14pm

Adam Levine has always been what's wrong with contemporary rock music. ย Totally bland person, totally bland music. ย Maybe it was the Proactiv that did it to him.

Agreed!

One of the worst songs he did was "Moves Like Jagger" can't stand that crap!
sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2015 at 4:32pm
Originally posted by Ad nauseous Ad nauseous wrote:

Now I remember! Thanks to hearing it again its that stupid "Just Like Animals" song by Maroon 5! Cool at first, mind numbingly boring the 300th time!

Yes! The Kia rats (animals) ad has been resurrected. Thankfully after a couple of plays they went with the short version. The "artists" are called Maroon 5? To quote Bugs Bunny "What a bunch a maroons"!
I see you have been "blessed" with a reply from Donathan. I wonder how I survived all these decades without his in-depth analysis of everything I don't give a rat's behind about?
EEEEts All so REEEdEEEculous
ThreadKiller View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThreadKiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2015 at 2:50am

The only 78s I ever had were the ones I found in my aunt's basement from the 1920s and 30s, and these little yellow kiddy records I had in the late 50s.  I remember a 16rpm setting on an old record player, but I never had any such record.

16 (actually 16-2/3 RPM, or exactly half the speed of 33-1/3 RPM) was found on many record players of 1960s vintage and earlier. It was apparently used frequently with spoken-word recordings.

My father bought a Symphonic portable stereo and a set of records through our church in 1959 or 1960. It had all four then-common speeds: 16, 33, 45, and 78. There were two sets of records that came with it that were 78s. They were about the same size as 45s and were in binders, about 15 records to each set. One was a series of spoken lessons by a psychologist on family issues, and the other was a spoken-word recording of the New Testament.

16 RPM allowed a lot of recording time on a small record size, and with spoken-word, the necessary fidelity could be produced at the slow speed.
Hundreds of threads killed.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic