Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television Related Rants
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Dig promo in the middle of Law & Order: SVU!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Dig promo in the middle of Law & Order: SVU!
    Posted: 28 Feb 2015 at 2:16pm
A couple of days ago Dig inserted one of their stinking promos in the middle of the show Law and Order: Special Victims Unit! The screen froze and changed to a t-shaped thing in the middle on a green marble background and 3/5/15 on the bottom. Some idiot probably thought it was "cool". I don't know about you, I do not like a show being interrupted by screen garbage for A SHOW I ALREADY KNOW IS PREMIERING!!!!
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
Sponsored Links

ThatNerdInPhilly View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThatNerdInPhilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2015 at 6:33pm
I totally hear you, the first time they were pulling this nonsense was Jan 1, it freaked me out at first and didn't know what the hell it was. I didn't see anymore until this past week. I saw it more than 5, 6 times yesterday watching SVU reruns and it JUST aired a few minutes ago. It's extremely tasteless advertising.

The commercials with this show have been non-stop - and USA does have a TON of commercials to begin with. But then to slap these subliminal signs showing a hacked TV signal every 45-90 minutes during an actual show is just a big turn off. I have no desire to see this damn Dig.

Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2015 at 7:10pm
Great, they now have hashtag #DigDeeper! They're polluting the airwaves with this crap! We know the show is premiering now STOP IT! IF I HEAR "3000 years of history waiting to be discovered!" One more fracking time I'm taking a sledge hammer to the TV!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2015 at 7:14pm
Originally posted by ThatNerdInPhilly ThatNerdInPhilly wrote:

Great.  Now I wanna see it.

Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2015 at 10:03pm
Watch L&O SVU all the time on USA(like the older episodes - before Olivia took over), yet can't remember seeing these tv screen "interuptions".
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2015 at 10:36pm
Gag! I can't escape it! I switched it to The Weather Channel after the binge of Rosanne was over. Sure enough, eventually a promo for Dig came on! Wouldn't it be funny if instead of a serious, scary, show. It turned out to be a slapstick comedy!
ThatNerdInPhilly View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThatNerdInPhilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2015 at 5:33pm
Yeah I saw it also on The Weather Ch. and TNT I thought "WTF, knock it off!!" It makes sense now I guess. NBC/Universal is partners with TWC and TNT, also USA Network. And then caught a glance of the promo on The Today Show yesterday. So nope, there is no escaping it.

I didn't watch it last night and won't be watching the hours of reruns tonight and all weekend. But I am curious how the reviews are, with all this overkill of promos I kind of hope it got blasted.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic