Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Miscellaneous :: Off-Topic
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Dead Zone - Random thoughts and ramblings

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 8485868788 197>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 1.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2017 at 2:00pm
I got to see the Truck race yesterday because it was on Fox, I was feeling a little bummed knowing I would not be able to see the Cup race today on FS1.  I said f*ck it and signed up with Sling TV.

For $25 a month I get every channel I need for auto racing.  I believe the download went OK, we'll see a little later.
Sponsored Links

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2017 at 3:04pm
Originally posted by aka ron aka ron wrote:

I got to see the Truck race yesterday because it was on Fox, I was feeling a little bummed knowing I would not be able to see the Cup race today on FS1.  I said f*ck it and signed up with Sling TV.

For $25 a month I get every channel I need for auto racing.
  I believe the download went OK, we'll see a little later.

TRAITOR!!!!

TURNCOAT!!!

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2017 at 3:23pm
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

For $25 a month I get every channel I need for auto racing.
  I believe the download went OK, we'll see a little later.

TRAITOR!!!!

TURNCOAT!!!

Ouch
I guess I should expect my 'ass in a sling' soon? Big smile
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2017 at 3:32pm
No, you're just going to have your membership in the Free TV Club revoked.

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2017 at 3:33pm
(A year from now, aka ron is paying $300/mo for all the add-ons he's attached to his bill)  LOL

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2017 at 3:34pm
Mostly in roaming charges from watching TV on his phone while driving around town in his truck.

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2017 at 3:42pm
LOL
"Stranded, stranded on the bathroom bowl...."

I set it up to run on my PC, I use my phone for voice calls only.
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2017 at 4:57pm
We were paying almost 100 bucks a month for the cable, this is a pretty good deal.
7 day free trial, I got the blue package.

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2017 at 7:52pm
I'm getting hungry, I'm going to have to warm up the oven.

Mini Tator Tots and an Angus Steak Melt...Good cracker!

Mama made some rice crispy treats, I bought some small servings of V8.
I try to eat light when I'm doing my work in the morning.
MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2017 at 4:42am
Dragged a PVC pipe fence enclosure out from the back yard, sewed together some porch screen with fishing line for a cover, and now have a 5x5 "garden cube" to grow stuff in, hopefully bug free (vine borers can trash a plant in 2 days.) The cukes came up first.   Thumbs Up  As long as I keep the opening pinned closed, the invaders will stay out...
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2017 at 3:41pm
The wife told me yesterday that my right brake light was out. Again?

That's a 3157 and I had one here, they sell them in a package of two.  That's the good news.

The guy called me about the Edge. The drive shaft has 3 U-joints and a carrier bearing.
2 of the 3 u-joints are bad.  The individual U-joints are not available, we have to buy a whole drive shaft from Ford.  It's gonna be over 900 bucks! Ouch
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2017 at 3:57pm

The wife told me yesterday that my right brake light was out. Again?

That's a 3157 and I had one here, they sell them in a package of two.  That's the good news.

The guy called me about the Edge. The drive shaft has 3 U-joints and a carrier bearing.

2 of the 3 u-joints are bad.  The individual U-joints are not available, we have to buy a whole drive shaft from Ford.  It's gonna be over 900 bucks! Ouch

Damn, that sucks.

Wonder if you could find one online somewhere.

CLICK HERE!!!

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2017 at 4:06pm
The guy said he checked for an aftermarket part that wouldn't be as expensive, I think he was pulling my leg.

http://www.buyautoparts.com/buynow/2007/Ford/Edge/Driveshaft/91-00826_N.html
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2017 at 5:45pm
Looks like a $400 savings to me.
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2017 at 6:07pm
I still have a pretty good mechanical feel for (at least) our vehicles, I knew what it was.

If I were on top of this I would have researched the part(s) beforehand and asked them to buy the cheaper one. From Ford it was $800, about $150 for labor.

I see the shipping cost and I know the OEM product will last another 95,000 miles, I'm not sure I want to tell them to re-order.  
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2017 at 5:30pm
Guess what day it is???

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2017 at 5:33pm
Seems like you'd be too busy.... well, you know, to be posting here.
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2017 at 6:20pm
Hah! Wink  We are old.
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2017 at 9:24pm
I am pleased with both our CPA and the IRS, we signed on 3/31 and the refund is in our account today, on 4/7,  Gotta love it!
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2017 at 9:45pm
Disapprove...wish I could say the same.
They are going through my last 10 years, so I turned it all over to the lawyers.
Everything is almost done.

X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2017 at 12:02am
Originally posted by PaWolf PaWolf wrote:

They are going through my last 10 years, so I turned it all over to the lawyers.

Don't worry Pa.

I hear tax evaders go to minimum security prisons that aren't that bad.

Almost like living in a dormitory.

Lights out at 10, though.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2017 at 9:54am
Damn...I had to pay this year---nearly $200 total, state/fed.

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2017 at 9:55am
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

Originally posted by PaWolf PaWolf wrote:

Don't worry Pa.

I hear tax evaders go to minimum security prisons that aren't that bad.

Almost like living in a dormitory.

Lights out at 10, though.

Do they get CIH access?

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2017 at 10:29am
It's nice to finally have most of my stuff outta my POD.  Now comes all the work.  I wanna paint.  Shoulda done that first, but time and logistics said no.  It's really not bad; I just want darker colors.  Right now, the walls and carpeting are "wheat".  I have to take into consideration the colors of the area rugs I'm putting down over the Berber.  The bigger one (8'x11') is maroon, black, gold, but I have a lot more space than that to take into consideration.  I hate thinking about this stuff.

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2017 at 8:37pm
The wife has been bugging me about paint for her (computer) room.

The dog is pissed and barking outside, if it last more than 10 minutes I make her come inside.

I am being a bad stepfather today, the wife picked up her mom and went to Sun Prairie to see her oldest daughter conduct an orchestra.  Embarrassed  I have my Nascar and I am a creature of habit.  And shellfish.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 8485868788 197>
  Share Topic