Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Miscellaneous :: Off-Topic
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Dead Zone - Random thoughts and ramblings

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7475767778 197>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 1.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2016 at 7:03pm
Originally posted by aka ron aka ron wrote:

This has aroused my curiosity, I just checked exactly which channels I can pickup here.

I marked the ones in red, ^ that I do not get.

As it is wired now, I can only get an antenna signal on the big TV here in the living room.

Our bedroom has its own cable receiver, the rest of the TVs all run off of the same receiver in the living room. My small TV next to my computer, the kitchen, the dining room, the garage and Linda's smoking room.

I just need to get another converter and some rabbit ears or wire them ALL into the digital receiver here in the living.  I have been there before.  you have to change the channel from the living room no matter where you are watching TV.

I just need to get the wiring worked out before telling Sharter Rectum to shove it where the sun don't shine. I'll have to return the receivers...PITA!! The internet is 50+ bucks a month, I will probably stay with them on that.

Depending on how many TVs you have, you might just need to get a separate signal amp for each set.

Might want to check into a more powerful and possibly even multidirectional antenna.

They have some really good stuff at good prices Here at Solid Signal

Great company, too.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
Sponsored Links

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2016 at 9:20pm
Originally posted by i8acannibal i8acannibal wrote:

Just popping in to say hi to everyone. Work has finally slowed down so I should have more free time to catch up and post here.
AngryWe expect you to get yer azz in here and post on a DAILY BASIS!
"Ohhhh, it's SO BUSY at work!" sounds like something Little Sally would whine about, never something any of us would expect from any true cannibal-eater worth his salt! Or would you prefer a red polka-dot dress and some KY lipstick?! Dammitnow - there are 24 hours in a day, you can rest when you die.
WinkLOL
Good to see you back. but not your back, Bubba.
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2016 at 5:22am
Many cable companies are now charging a monthly fee for the exact same digital converter boxes you need for antenna TV.  I thought cable didn't need DCB's (programming coming from a central location should already be converted?)  Heh, I don't care, as I don't have cable/sat...  Big smile
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2016 at 1:53pm
As long as they don't start charging a monthly fee for broadcast TV signals.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender

C'mon, man!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2016 at 8:09pm
Mama is building the artificial Christmas tree...I suppose I should put some lights on the house.

Bah-Humbug.
i8acannibal View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote i8acannibal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2016 at 10:45pm
Originally posted by PaWolf PaWolf wrote:

Originally posted by i8acannibal i8acannibal wrote:

Just popping in to say hi to everyone. Work has finally slowed down so I should have more free time to catch up and post here.
AngryWe expect you to get yer azz in here and post on a DAILY BASIS!
"Ohhhh, it's SO BUSY at work!" sounds like something Little Sally would whine about, never something any of us would expect from any true cannibal-eater worth his salt! Or would you prefer a red polka-dot dress and some KY lipstick?! Dammitnow - there are 24 hours in a day, you can rest when you die.
WinkLOL
Good to see you back. but not your back, Bubba.

LOLLOL 
Say something clever here...

No, I'm too lazy. Imagine it yourself.
i8acannibal View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote i8acannibal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2016 at 10:53pm
You guys are lucky. Using an antenna here, I get 3 PBS, ABC and METV (on a good day), and ION. That's it. And I have an outside antenna. 
Say something clever here...

No, I'm too lazy. Imagine it yourself.
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2016 at 12:25pm
Test, test, test.  Hah!  I had to go to Wally World to get some more Glucosamine for the dog.
I have worn 3 or 4 letters off of my old keyboard, it was finally time to get a new one.

Less than $30 and it's wireless.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2016 at 9:55am
Renting a car right now.  Mine's in the shop for new ball joints.  And while it's there, a brake check (probably new pads), a new battery (mine's fine, but it's 7 years old and can't be changed easily), and an oil change.

The mechanic said the car looks great from what he could tell.  Asked if it's been garaged (it has).  It's dirty right now, though.  It's hard to keep a car clean (especially chrome wheels) in the sh*tty East coast weather.

Maybe I'll get some new seat covers after this.  I think the passenger seat split at the seams from having driven my 350lb ex-neighbor (now dead) here and there on occasion.

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2016 at 10:03am
Working today for about 5 hours in order to receive FedEx and UPS deliveries, and to catch up on other stuff.  FedEx and UPS make Saturday deliveries through the holidays, and if I wasn't there to receive and process them, they might get lost by Monday in the chaos that is the backroom of the store.  Plus, it'd be double the number of packages if I waited till Monday.  And there are sh*tloads of them this time of year.  I can barely get to them as it is.

I like working on Saturdays.  Less chaotic, more productive.  Unfortunately, it means I have to work 5 hours less during the week.  So, instead of 8-hour days, I work 7-hour days.  No overtime is allowed.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2016 at 1:31pm
Why is working shorter days for a week "unfortunate"?

Seems like you'd look forward to a week of knocking off an hour early.

I know I would.

C'mon, man!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2016 at 7:01pm
^^The battery in my truck is at least 10 years old, I think I will change mine too.

I have made some progress but there is still no room for it inside.
My soreness has soared to a new level. It's really not that bad, I was making a joke.

I'm watching 'Kinsey', ever heard of the sex research group?

A look at the life of Alfred Kinsey, a pioneer in the area of human sexuality research, whose 1948 publication "Sexual Behavior in the Human Male" was one of the first recorded works that saw science address sexual behavior.

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2016 at 7:15pm
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

I know I would.

You'd think.  LOL

Thing is, I just can't maintain my little corner of hell in the time allotted.  It's not like anyone else is gonna do it for me.  I'm considered a supervisor, but I only have me to supervise.  I'm tough on me.  I don't let me get away with anything.

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2016 at 7:20pm
Originally posted by aka ron aka ron wrote:

^^The battery in my truck is at least 10 years old, I think I will change mine too.

I'd wait until the battery actually started to go if it was easy to change myself.  But as long as it's gonna be on a lift, I might as well have the mechanics do it.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2016 at 8:29pm
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

You'd think.  LOL

Thing is, I just can't maintain my little corner of hell in the time allotted.  It's not like anyone else is gonna do it for me.  I'm considered a supervisor, but I only have me to supervise.  I'm tough on me.  I don't let me get away with anything.

If you keep that up, one of these days you're going to end up grabbing yourself by the collar, shoving yourself against the wall, putting your finger in your face and telling yourself that if you don't ease up on yourself a little bit, you're going to kick your ass then walk out and leave yourself there to do the job all by yourself.

See how you like that.

Beotch.

C'mon, man!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2016 at 8:56pm
^LOL

I know how Thor feels, I had an important job and many people depended on me.
I was making a little more money but that's not what mattered.

You gotta get in there and take care of business...this is one of my nightmares since retiring.
I have a lot of dreams about work. Confused
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2016 at 11:07pm

You'd think.  LOL

If you keep that up, one of these days you're going to end up grabbing yourself by the collar, shoving yourself against the wall, putting your finger in your face and telling yourself that if you don't ease up on yourself a little bit, you're going to kick your ass then walk out and leave yourself there to do the job all by yourself.

See how you like that.

Beotch.

LOL

That's the attitude!  I always remind my comrades there that we must suffer for the cause.  And the cause is, of course, "Lower prices for Rockaway".  It's a real pep talk.

MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2016 at 5:53am
Hell, if they want to be known for lower prices, just start giving the stuff away...  LOL
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2016 at 6:14am

You'd think.  LOL

See how you like that.

Beotch.

LOL

That's the attitude!  I always remind my comrades there that we must suffer for the cause.  And the cause is, of course, "Lower prices for Rockaway".  It's a real pep talk.

I don't think you're hard enough on yourself. It's probably about time for some surprise (yourself) random drug testing to be performed - just imagine the hell to come, should you get busted.
Now, given that you're at that point ~aaaand~ you're a leader, you can and should consider providing your worker some counseling. Lead by example and do this in public!  
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2016 at 9:51am

^  Hmmmm...if I fire myself, can I collect unemployment?

sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2016 at 4:33pm

I know I would.

You'd think.  LOL

Similar to my mercifully brief experiment of self employment. My boss was a total a**hole.Wink
EEEEts All so REEEdEEEculous
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2016 at 5:59pm

^  Hmmmm...if I fire myself, can I collect unemployment?

DisapproveNo.
"Why PaW, WHY??!!!", you ask? Well, I'm here to help and I'll make it quick - two reasons:
1.) Unemployment isn't for people who get fired.
2.) You have to deal with those stinkin' State Human Bean Counters when in actuallity, YOU are THOR and that would simply be 'below you'.  
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2016 at 7:19pm

I've gotten a lot done in the last 3 days, firewood and now today's snowfall.

What a pain in all of my sore spots.
I'd say we got about 6 inches of light powder. The machine worked flawlessly, I have to push all of the snow by hand in Leah's run.

The plow came through about noon, that was my third and final time clearing the driveway today.  It's important to clear what the plow leaves behind because it can freeze into blocks of ice.
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2016 at 6:01pm
For months now, I've been staring at this huge pile of stuff that is taking up nearly a full stall in the garage.  It looked like a futile PITA to deal with.

It's a 3 car garage (attached) with one single door and one double door.

But with bitter cold temperatures coming into these parts I decided to dig into it this morning.
I threw some stuff away but mostly relocated and stacked everything as high as I could.

I am pretty pleased with myself...I don't have to worry about being stranded with a truck that won't start. Yes!  I have my truck inside again!  Hooray!
MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2016 at 5:14am
Just after signing off last night, the house shook.  A 17 foot oak stump (averaging 3 feet in diameter) out back decided to fall (whomping a lemon tree on the way down.)  Going to take at least a month to cut it into small pieces for yard trash pickup, but it's going to be more volume than mass because it's so rotted.  I was able to stand on one foot and make it rock a little by pushing with the other.  Never did get around to carving it into a statue...  LOL
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7475767778 197>
  Share Topic