Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Miscellaneous :: Off-Topic
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Dead Zone - Random thoughts and ramblings

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 191192193194195 197>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 1.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2023 at 7:47pm

Near here, we had a guy beat his gf's 3 y/o son to death. He did it while the boy's 5 y/o sister looked on. The girlfriend/"Mom" tried covering for him.

Here he is:

How could any woman look at this guy and think "Mmmmm, mmmmm...what a catch!!"? He literally has "killer" tattooed on his face (the teardrop).

Sponsored Links

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2023 at 9:08pm
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

How could any woman look at this guy and think "Mmmmm, mmmmm...what a catch!!"? He literally has "killer" tattooed on his face (the teardrop).

I thought it was some kind of hideous, disgusting growth.

One those kind that has hairs sprouting out of it.

🤮
...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2023 at 9:21pm
About the same time as the other guy killed his daughter, within about a day or so, we had this winner...

....who shot to death, along with a random woman, the 21 y/o local news reporter with 6 months on the job, and the 9 y/o girl pictured alongside him.

Then smirked about it like a big, tough guy gangsta when they took him in.

I wonder if he'll still be smirking a decade or two from now as he watches his life slowly tick away from the inside of a maximum security prison.

Something's gone wrong with our society.
...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender

C'mon, man!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2023 at 9:36pm

Yeah, that was pretty big news here, too. Just a totally random killing. No reason whatsoever. Just bang bang, shoot shoot.

I wonder if he's a fan of these guys:

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2023 at 9:38pm
I think somebody else mentioned those two in a story about the killing.

Maybe in the yahoo news comments section.

Which is hilarious, btw.

C'mon, man!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2023 at 9:44pm

Yeah, these days I go straight to the comments (in the few newspapers/sites that still allow them. In fact, Yahoo had theirs shut down for a few years).

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2023 at 9:47pm

They've opened it back up, but it's heavily censored.

C'mon, man!
radioandnascarfan View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote radioandnascarfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2023 at 7:54pm
I had a great week in Montego Bay. Enjoyed the warm and sunny weather, had great meals, heard great music and enjoyed other entertainment too. 

Unfortunately, I took a case of Covid home with it. Both I and my Dad started feeling crappy days after coming back. We thought it was a cold. We go to the doctor to try to figure to leave and the receptionist tells us leave and the doctor will do a telehealth. We take the temp. and we both have a fever, We then do the nasal swab and minutes later, we both test positive. We're out of it now, but we worried we might've gotten others sick as we were around other people at the time. They all tested negative. I was OK, but a bit tired and coughing a lot.
MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2023 at 6:19am
ugh, I think I got food poisoning from some organic juice that I drank a few days ago.  Haven't dared to be too far away from a toilet (at least I haven't thrown up so far)  for the past 12 hours.  I'm surprised at how much crap (literally) can come out of such a small space in the human body. Oh well, I need to go rehydrate, I have a feeling it's going to be a long, uncomfortable night...
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2023 at 4:00pm
Originally posted by radioandnascarfan radioandnascarfan wrote:

I had a great week in Montego Bay. Enjoyed the warm and sunny weather, had great meals, heard great music and enjoyed other entertainment too. 

Unfortunately, I took a case of Covid home with it. Both I and my Dad started feeling crappy days after coming back. We thought it was a cold. We go to the doctor to try to figure to leave and the receptionist tells us leave and the doctor will do a telehealth. We take the temp. and we both have a fever, We then do the nasal swab and minutes later, we both test positive. We're out of it now, but we worried we might've gotten others sick as we were around other people at the time. They all tested negative. I was OK, but a bit tired and coughing a lot.
Wow.

I hope you both get well quickly and that it's just a mild case.

Keep on getting that vax every time a new one is offered!!!! 

Thumbs Up 

BTW, got any vacay pics of Montego Bay to show us? Wink 

C'mon, man!
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote radioandnascarfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2023 at 8:08pm
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

Wow.

I hope you both get well quickly and that it's just a mild case.

Keep on getting that vax every time a new one is offered!!!! 

Thumbs Up 

BTW, got any vacay pics of Montego Bay to show us? Wink 

Yes we did. My mother masked up the entire time, and never had it because of that. I was back to normal probably after 2 and a half weeks. The cough took a little longer to go away. I can't imagine what it had been like if we hadn't been vaxxed and boosted. I'll likely get my updated flu and Covid shots probably sometime in the fall. 

I'll have to have my Dad put all the Montego Bay pics onto my computer from a flashdrive.
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote radioandnascarfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2023 at 8:12pm

About the same time as the other guy killed his daughter, within about a day or so, we had this winner...

....who shot to death, along with a random woman, the 21 y/o local news reporter with 6 months on the job, and the 9 y/o girl pictured alongside him.

Then smirked about it like a big, tough guy gangsta when they took him in.

I wonder if he'll still be smirking a decade or two from now as he watches his life slowly tick away from the inside of a maximum security prison.

Something's gone wrong with our society.

That was sad that the news reporter was killed. At 24 I believe, he was just starting his career. A reporter on another station in the Orlando market actually broke down live during her report, calling it a reporter's "worst nightmare".
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2023 at 9:15pm

That was sad that the news reporter was killed. At 24 I believe, he was just starting his career. A reporter on another station in the Orlando market actually broke down live during her report, calling it a reporter's "worst nightmare".

And it wasn't the first time, either.

A few years ago, back around '15 or '16, this incident happened in Virginia on live TV....

Wacko

C'mon, man!
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote radioandnascarfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2023 at 10:38pm

And it wasn't the first time, either.

A few years ago, back around '15 or '16, this incident happened in Virginia on live TV....

Wacko

I remember that. It's worse when it's on live TV.
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2023 at 5:18am
I never knew before how badly the Jonas Brothers suck because I've never actually seen or heard them before.

So I'm watching SNL and they are the "musical" guest tonight.

I gotta tell ya, they REALLY suck!!!!  Thumbs Down  Shocked  Unhappy  

C'mon, man!
MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2023 at 6:17am
Looks like Netflix is going to discontinue their DVD-by-mail service in October. I'd better update my queue to watch the newer stuff before then, then it's going to mainly be antenna TV from then on, and one less bill to pay each month. Oh well...

https://entertainment.slashdot.org/story/23/04/18/2051200/netflix-will-end-its-dvd-by-mail-service-after-25-years?utm_source=feedly1.0mainlinkanon&utm_medium=feed
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2023 at 11:09am

I never knew before how badly the Jonas Brothers suck because I've never actually seen or heard them before.

So I'm watching SNL and they are the "musical" guest tonight.

I gotta tell ya, they REALLY suck!!!!  Thumbs Down  Shocked  Unhappy  

I don't think they were ever about being good. They were more about being cute. They're from NJ, and I couldn't name one song.

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2023 at 11:17am
Originally posted by MrTim MrTim wrote:

Looks like Netflix is going to discontinue their DVD-by-mail service in October. I'd better update my queue to watch the newer stuff before then, then it's going to mainly be antenna TV from then on, and one less bill to pay each month. Oh well...

https://entertainment.slashdot.org/story/23/04/18/2051200/netflix-will-end-its-dvd-by-mail-service-after-25-years?utm_source=feedly1.0mainlinkanon&utm_medium=feed

I get the premium channels, but I rarely watch any of the movies (or anything) that they offer, What a waste. For me, it's just some news, some old sitcoms and an occasional documentary. I listen to the radio a lot these days. And then there's my device. No, not that one. My handheld device. Oh, wait. I mean my cellphone.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2023 at 2:20pm
I haven't paid 1¢ to watch TV since 2003.

Right around this time of the year in 2003 AAMOF, making pretty much exactly 20 years.

Figuring it at about $50 a month I've saved on cable/satellite bills x 12 x 20.... you can do the math on how much of my money has stayed in my pocket vs giving it to Spectrum or DIRECTV just to watch the sh*tty programming that's offered nowadays.

Simply put, it's close to enough to pay for a new car.  

C'mon, man!
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote radioandnascarfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2023 at 5:31pm
We nearly cut the cord 2 years ago, but Dish bent over backwards to keep up subscribers. We've been subscribers since at least the early 2000's.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2023 at 6:15pm

I haven't paid 1¢ to watch TV since 2003.

Right around this time of the year in 2003 AAMOF, making pretty much exactly 20 years.

Figuring it at about $50 a month I've saved on cable/satellite bills x 12 x 20.... you can do the math on how much of my money has stayed in my pocket vs giving it to Spectrum or DIRECTV just to watch the sh*tty programming that's offered nowadays.

Simply put, it's close to enough to pay for a new car.  

I think there's a lot of really good stuff on TV these days. Better than ever before. Game of Thrones, Yellowstone...that kind of stuff. Might've started with The Sopranos. I just haven't taken advantage of it. Walking Dead and The Last of Us are two I've watched.

The other day I watched a documentary by Martin Scorsese about David Johansen. Before that I watched a doc about the teenage serial killers from the 1950s upon whom Badlands and Natural Born Killers were based. I forget the title.

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2023 at 4:07pm

Amazing.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2023 at 5:02pm
It's nice to see something good like that happen to a guy who's so poor, he has to wear factory second shirts which have had manufacturing mishaps, like having an extra logo inadvertently sewn into the back....

Hopefully now he'll be able to afford regular, top of the line shirts. Thumbs Up

C'mon, man!
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote radioandnascarfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2023 at 6:17pm
Saw Al Stewart again at a show last night in Ann Arbor. He put on a great show as always, and the Empty Pockets, who opened for him and were his backing band, were great as usual too. Like last time, Al's still not doing meet and greets or signing anything, but I did get a guitar pick from one of the Empty Pockets.

Next month, I'm back up there to see Peter Yarrow of Peter, Paul, and Mary.
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2023 at 6:20pm
I'd like to see Al Stewart live. Thumbs Up 

C'mon, man!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 191192193194195 197>
  Share Topic