Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Miscellaneous :: Off-Topic
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Dead Zone - Random thoughts and ramblings

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 160161162163164 197>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 1.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2021 at 5:26pm
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

Absolutely. But it would require a few weeks to just learn the basics. The rest of it would take a good year.

I basically run receiving. Just about everything that comes into the store passes through me in one way or another. I have to get everything into the computer in order to pay the supplier and make sure the "on-hands" are all correct. There's also signage, fixtures, supplies, etc. And that's the easy part.

How much of it do you steal....? LOL
...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
Sponsored Links

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2021 at 5:31pm

There's nothing I even want. The other day, though, I walked out of the store with a partial roll of plastic garbage can liners in my pocket.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2021 at 5:32pm
Well, that saved you some bucks off the shopping bill, anyway. Thumbs Up

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender

C'mon, man!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2021 at 5:37pm

As if. I usually use plastic grocery bags for my garbage.

If I was to buy those bags, they'd probably cost a total of 27 cents.

I do, however, get free Covid masks.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2021 at 5:39pm
Sounds like you need to start thinking bigger, then. 

Maybe leave with a lawn mower or an edger in your pocket.

A case of motor oil., etc.

C'mon, man!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2021 at 5:47pm

I could probably get away with it. Employees have gotten far more.

A few years back, a couple of assistant mgrs stole $30,000 from the cash office. It was on tape. Everyone knew they did it. But they weren't prosecuted, and with no prosecution, they couldn't even be fired. One of 'em still works for the company.

Before you ask, I don't know why Walmart didn't pursue. Many people think it had to do with race. I just don't know.

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2021 at 2:57pm

Absolutely. But it would require a few weeks to just learn the basics. The rest of it would take a good year.

I basically run receiving. Just about everything that comes into the store passes through me in one way or another. I have to get everything into the computer in order to pay the supplier and make sure the "on-hands" are all correct. There's also signage, fixtures, supplies, etc. And that's the easy part.

I didn't mean to insult you.  I too was irreplaceable.  None of the other guys (including the boss) had my knowledge and skills.  I'm talking about golf course equipment maintenance and REPAIR.  It takes years of practical experience to be good at what I did.
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2021 at 3:17pm
Juiced (blenderized) another small watermelon last night.

Not quite as much yield as the first one I did, but a good bit more than the second one.

The first one got me nearly two 52 oz. bottles full.

The second one barely got me one.

This got me about 1½ bottles.

The second one was not only small, but it had a very thick rind so there was little meat.

The first and third ones were bigger melons and had nice thin rinds, so more of the good stuff.

Still, the one yesterday was close to a pound lighter in overall weight than the first one.

I wish the Walmart Neighborhood Market where I shop had a bigger selection of them all the time.

They put a few out, wait for them to sell out, then put a few more out.

And obviously, the biggest ones go first.

C'mon, man!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2021 at 3:38pm
Some watermelon or cantaloupe sounds pretty good right now.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2021 at 4:17pm

My latest quarter-melon is almost as good as a summer melon. The closer to the rind, the less ripe and sweet this one is. That's why I say "almost".

You know a watermelon's great when even most of the rind is sweet. I find the rind on yellow watermelons is usually like that.

I love watermelon almost as much as spaghetti. Give me a good watermelon and...

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2021 at 4:41pm
LOL
I want you to know, it took some effort to find this!

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2021 at 5:21pm
I'm running out of some of my meds.  Folic Acid  ACID? Confused

Amiodarone? I have a piece of paper that tells me what these drugs do.  I may try to wean myself off of these drugs along with some healthy lifestyle changes.  If I'm gonna live for a while I had better spend less money.

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2021 at 8:47pm
Originally posted by aka ron aka ron wrote:

LOL
I want you to know, it took some effort to find this!

I found that image a decade+ ago, to use it here. I think I just found it by Googling "curtsy". It might even have been from Wikipedia.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2021 at 10:17pm

Amiodarone? I have a piece of paper that tells me what these drugs do.  I may try to wean myself off of these drugs along with some healthy lifestyle changes.  If I'm gonna live for a while I had better spend less money.

That is a great idea, a-r.

#1..... QUIT SMOKING!!!!! 

#2..... Get some kind of aerobic exercise. Ride a bike if you can't walk a lot. 

#3..... Improve your diet. All that pizza and subs and mashed taters 'n gravy ain't doing you no good!!!! 

/lecture.

C'mon, man!
MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2021 at 5:18am

Found in most bottles of OTC multi-vitamins (mine lists it at 400mcg / 170%DV. )
What's the dosage on your $60 pills...? 
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2021 at 9:55pm
Originally posted by MrTim MrTim wrote:

Found in most bottles of OTC multi-vitamins (mine lists it at 400mcg / 170%DV. )
What's the dosage on your $60 pills...? 
I take Centrum Silver 50+.
 Do you mean the script that would cost me over $500 a month?  Eliquis.  I take just one pill a day to make it last longer.

This song reminds me of our second place in Winneconne. Linda bought it but this was the time period we got married and adopted Leah. It was a solar home built in the 70s.  It had a HUGE fenced in back yard.  Leah would run laps around the perimeter, she loved that place.  I'm not going to look for pictures but I put our pool table in one of the up-stairs bedrooms. (Leah on the pool table)  BAD DOG!  That's when I first heard this song!!

radioandnascarfan View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote radioandnascarfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2021 at 5:15pm
We won't be cutting the cord after all as we've signed a 2 year contract with Dish. They were able to give us a discount without losing any channels.
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2021 at 10:47pm
I was born a poor white boy!  My SS check is here!  This is going to help a lot!

Beware my friends and fiends...Of a new scam!  I get this recorded message from some scammer in Rhode Island.  They were going to charge my debit card for some stupid service that I did not order.  He, the same *ag towel head that always calls me, WANTED ME TO FILL OUT THIS FORM!  Yeah, right!
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2021 at 11:50pm

I was born a poor white boy!  My SS check is here!  This is going to help a lot!

So are you officially collecting SS now?

C'mon, man!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2021 at 11:57pm
^ Yep!  It feels pretty good to get some help.  Just as I get two new bills from the hospital. One for $1500 and another for over $4000.

Carol got back to me,  we get a little too raunchy for her sometimes.  She is doing well.
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2021 at 12:25am

^ Yep!  It feels pretty good to get some help.  Just as I get two new bills from the hospital. One for $1500 and another for over $4000.

Carol got back to me,  we get a little too raunchy for her sometimes.  She is doing well.

If you make enough money from SS, you might be able to qualify for federal tax credit subsidies for Obamacare and get medical insurance extremely cheap.

You might consider talking to a health care insurance broker.

They'll tell you if you qualify and search for the most affordable plan for you.

C'mon, man!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2021 at 3:58pm
I little more relief in the mail yesterday.  A letter from Columbia St. Marys in Milwaukee.

Financial Assistance-

Financial assistance is generally determined by your total household income as compared to the Federal Poverty Level. If your income is less than or equal to 250% of the Federal Poverty Level, you will receive a 100% charity care write off on the portion of charges for which you are responsible.

I don't want to sprain my brain and do the math right now,  I'm pretty sure I will qualify.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2021 at 4:14pm

If your income is less than $32,200, you qualify.

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2021 at 4:19pm
^ Big smile

Sh*t!  My SS is only $1162 a month!

It will be a tough job to live on $13,944 a year.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2021 at 4:24pm

If your income is less than $32,200, you qualify.

If you're talking about Obamacare subsidies, that's probably true but only down to 100% of the Federal poverty level.

If your income is at or below 100% of the poverty level, and you live in a GOP controlled red state, you're stuck with the bills because they refused to expand Medicaid.

The way Obamacare was written, people at or below the poverty level would be put on Medicaid with the Federal govt picking up 90% of the cost to the states.

But former Fla Governor Rick "Scumbag" Scott filed a lawsuit which went to the SCOTUS, in an attempt to have the entire law declared unconstitutional. The SCOTUS upheld the majority of the law citing the Commerce Clause, while leaving it up to the sates to accept or deny Medicaid expansion.

It sounds to me like what aka ron might be benefitting from, is that the hospital he went to might be a non-profit "safety net" hospital which will voluntarily eat the cost of his treatment and pay for it with private donations.

C'mon, man!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 160161162163164 197>
  Share Topic