Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Miscellaneous :: Off-Topic
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Dead Zone - Random thoughts and ramblings

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 158159160161162 197>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 1.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2021 at 8:43am
Weird dreams! I must be reaching a deep sleep to have such vivid dreams.  The dreams always seem to center on work related issues.  I haven't worked full time in that field since 2006.  TBC
Sponsored Links

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2021 at 3:16pm
At Bear Slide, we had a Toro Groundsmaster rotary mower, 72 inch deck with a 3 cylinder diesel engine.  Nearly all equipment was driven by a hydrastat. A hydraulic pump with motors at the drive wheels and the deck blades. This particular mower...We had a paraplegic on the payroll.  I had to adapt this mower to hand controls.  Some of the dealers were so impressed they came out and took pictures!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2021 at 3:55pm

Please don't tell me you actually dreamt about a Toro Groundsmaster.

Although I must say, my Briggs and Stratton dreams get pretty hot.

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2021 at 4:11pm
LOL
You is one crazy f**k

radioandnascarfan View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote radioandnascarfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2021 at 5:08pm
Originally posted by aka ron aka ron wrote:

At Bear Slide, we had a Toro Groundsmaster rotary mower, 72 inch deck with a 3 cylinder diesel engine.  Nearly all equipment was driven by a hydrastat. A hydraulic pump with motors at the drive wheels and the deck blades. This particular mower...We had a paraplegic on the payroll.  I had to adapt this mower to hand controls.  Some of the dealers were so impressed they came out and took pictures!

Interesting dream.
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2021 at 8:31am
This lady has a lot of vids on YouTube and I love her.

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2021 at 5:05pm
Thermodynamics=

I have a couple of slow leaks on the right side of my truck. When I went out there this morning, the right front was at 25 PSI. The right rear was at 21 PSI.  I know, I'm a lazy f*ck! However, I would never drive on a front tire that was at 21 PSI.  That's where all of the weight and steering is.  My point is...

By the time I got back home, the RF was at 28 and the LR was at 25.  It's going to get up to 31 tomorrow, I will air the tires and wash it tomorrow.
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2021 at 5:35pm
More crazy reality from the aka one half ranch.  The trash guy was running late.  I will cancel this service.

It's a 'Town of'- 'City of' issue.

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2021 at 5:44pm
I've had a couple of productive days.  Yesterday, I did laundry and the dishes at the same time.  Big mistake.  With my weak well pump and an old water heater.  The rinse was down to a trickle at the kitchen sink.

Today!  I went to the grocery store for my essential stuff.  I forgot to buy ice, it was on my list.  I washed the truck, it looks good!

I dragged the trash cans half way to the house.  It's not easy to be me!

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2021 at 3:40pm
There is a car stalled out in front of my house.  It looks like Linda's Edge.  She bought a newer Edge but I don't know what color it is.
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2021 at 7:43pm
Kelly, from my doctors office called me again!  She is such a sweetheart!
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote radioandnascarfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2021 at 6:05pm
Got a new smart TV a few days ago. We're finally considering cutting the cord. We've had Dish for nearly 20 years, but the bill is getting too high. We have a subscription with Hulu with live TV, plus Netflix, Disney+ and ESPN+ and Discovery+ as well as other free apps and a firestick as well.

My TV is a Vizio and it's decent, but there's one small problem. It somehow turns itself on after a few seconds to a few minutes of being turned off.
MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2021 at 5:56am
Click through the TV Menu and look for Automatic Shut Off timer setting.  Found that 'problem' when my DTV converter would shut off after 2 hours (while trying to tape the finale of Lost...)
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2021 at 2:49pm
My old digital converter would shut off after about 4 hours, same with my Sat. receiver today.
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2021 at 11:36pm
I thought I should get out there and deal with the snow. It's a mild 34 degrees and it's going to be much colder tomorrow.  My neighbor's dad was plowing his driveway.  He came over and offered to do my driveway too.  Nice guy!
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2021 at 1:31am

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote radioandnascarfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2021 at 4:38pm
Originally posted by MrTim MrTim wrote:

Click through the TV Menu and look for Automatic Shut Off timer setting.  Found that 'problem' when my DTV converter would shut off after 2 hours (while trying to tape the finale of Lost...)

But mine doesn't shut off automatically, it turns on by itself on occasion if not being used from a few seconds to 5 minutes. Sometimes the Vizio Logo just pops up out of the blue.
MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2021 at 6:07am
Still, check your menu settings. It could also be picking up a stray signal from somewhere that turns it on (do you have airliners flying overhead? I often get interference from their radar altimeters.)
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2021 at 1:48pm
I've been going through the tax papers.  Jeez, what a PITA!  I stopped when I got to the 'Medical Expenses' page.  This is going to take me a month!
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2021 at 1:56pm
Maybe you need to head down to H&R Block....
...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender

C'mon, man!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2021 at 3:18pm
We have used the same tax people for over a decade.  They send a nice organizer out so we don't forget or omit anything.  It's just a lot more complicated with the divorce and my medical bills.
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote radioandnascarfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2021 at 4:25pm
Originally posted by MrTim MrTim wrote:

Still, check your menu settings. It could also be picking up a stray signal from somewhere that turns it on (do you have airliners flying overhead? I often get interference from their radar altimeters.)

My parents have also had the same problem on their TV. They think it's the Dish, so it could be that. I'll check the settings later on.
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2021 at 10:56pm
I had a rare afternoon excursion. I still have the dark meat, legs and thighs from KFC.  I've eaten all of the the mashed potatoes and cole slaw.  I needed water (my well water is toxic) so I ordered a pizza.

Nobody going hungry around here...Embarrassed
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2021 at 11:17pm
I wish I could still eat like that.... Cry

C'mon, man!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2021 at 11:54pm
Originally posted by aka ron aka ron wrote:

I've been going through the tax papers.  Jeez, what a PITA!  I stopped when I got to the 'Medical Expenses' page.  This is going to take me a month!

I use H+R Block. As I recall, the spring following my 2018 surgery, they asked about medical expenses. I simply estimated the amount I put out for my coverage plus my share of medical expenses. They typed it into their computer, and that was that. I didn't have to have a whole lotta backup paperwork or anything.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 158159160161162 197>
  Share Topic