Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Miscellaneous :: Off-Topic
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Dead Zone - Random thoughts and ramblings

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 155156157158159 197>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 1.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2020 at 9:51pm

Sponsored Links

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2020 at 3:03pm
All of these freaking appointments I have to make for my follow up care.  The RN at my doctor's office was very helpful. The doctor at the hospital declared that my heart condition was NOT a pre-existing condition.

I need to sign a release form first but this paperwork should be proof that the insurance company is wrong  so they should have to pay the majority of my claim. Yah!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2020 at 4:22pm
With all of my doctor visits, I placed an order with Dr. Scholl's. The soul of my black sneakers are worn almost all the way through. I need warm, dry feet when dealing with snow.

I've been buying a lot of stuff online, I won't use amazon!

There is a crack (one board edge sticks up) in the cheap ass wood floor that goes across the whole house.  Right here by my desk, I am messing it up because I roll over to the TV to read the guide. It's going to screw up the rollers on my chair too.  I bought one of those desk chair pads.

Some long johns.

The doctor said I need to weigh myself every day.  I ordered a scale.
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2020 at 5:07pm
The Fed Ex guy/gal was just here. Oh boy! It's probably my scale. I've been buying from Zoro quite a bit.
They got my printer paper here in 2 days.  Freaking Walmart just pushed back my delivery day to the 17th. WTF!

Wally didn't do anything wrong. He is dropping off my water sample to be tested. He's a good guy.
Changing the filter and turning the water off stirred up a bunch of crud. It got stuck in the strainer of the kitchen faucet. A lot of brown water. My hot water doesn't stink anymore.
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2020 at 5:54pm
Another Fed Ex person.  I'm really excited now.  It's like Christmas in December!
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2020 at 6:04pm
LOL
...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2020 at 6:41pm
I'm going to have to drop this dating site...I must be frugal!

I got a kick out of this woman.

gem
Flint, MI | 44
I'm looking for a serious relationship.

All I see is 'LOOK AT MY BOOBIES!'.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2020 at 6:48pm
I got tested for COVID on Saturday.

Just got the results via email.

I'm NEGATIVE.

Yay.

Stern Smile

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender

C'mon, man!
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2020 at 6:49pm
Originally posted by aka ron aka ron wrote:

I'm going to have to drop this dating site...I must be frugal!

I got a kick out of this woman.

gem
Flint, MI | 44
I'm looking for a serious relationship.

All I see is 'LOOK AT MY BOOBIES!'.

Bunch of predators looking for lonely older guys with money they can weasel him out of.

C'mon, man!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2020 at 6:55pm
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

I'm NEGATIVE.

Yay.

Stern Smile

They tested me down at St. Marys in Milwaukee.  As long as the people that handle my food do things right. I should be OK.
radioandnascarfan View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote radioandnascarfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2020 at 7:06pm
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

I'm NEGATIVE.

Yay.

Stern Smile

Good to hear.
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2020 at 5:05pm
A little more fun with OurTime.  This woman?  HIGH MAINTENANCE!  Look at that lipstick!

FlowePam
Elizabethton, TN | 55

Watch out for those girls from TN!  Some of these women have figured out how to connect without actually buying a membership. Notice how she puts all of these numbers in her message.

The site wouldn't let me copy & paste.

Should I send her a pic of my pork sword, my one eyed trouser trout, my heat seeking moisture missle?
MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2020 at 6:07am
Just send her all your money. Or if you want to be a tease, a picture of it... 
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2020 at 1:37pm
LOL

Considering I didn't sleep very well, I'm having a good morning.  I'll be glad when the days start getting longer. It's still pretty dark at 7:00, I like to get to the grocery before the school traffic gets bad.  I did a load of laundry, put clean sheets on the bed.  Took a shower.  I should probably do the dishes before I eat again.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2020 at 1:59pm
Damn.

For a guy who's in pain and has medical issues, you do a helluva lot more housework than I do. Confused

Wink

C'mon, man!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2020 at 3:03pm

I called out today due to a huge blizzard that we never actually got. Got maybe 10 inches of snow. Oh well, I can count on two fingers the number of times I've called out in the past 5+ years. And on two other fingers the number of days I've scheduled off. That leaves one finger I can give them if they have any problem with this.

Anyway, the snow is all shovelled and I'm in for the day. I might watch this documentary called Alabama Snake that my bro recommended.

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2020 at 3:29pm
Wow!  We've had only 2 or 3 dustings (is that a word?) of snow so far this season.
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote radioandnascarfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2020 at 6:09pm

Wow!  We've had only 2 or 3 dustings (is that a word?) of snow so far this season.

Yes.
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2020 at 5:45pm
One of my bad habits...

I've been making my own cigarettes for over 3 years. Mama smoked too so we were saving hundreds of dollars a month.  I had to buy a new pack of cigarettes today.  Just for the box!  i NEED A BOX WHEN i GO ON THE ROAD FOR SOME FOOD OR WHATEVER.  Freaking cap lock! $9.49 for a cigarette box?

Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote radioandnascarfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2020 at 4:39pm

One of my bad habits...

I've been making my own cigarettes for over 3 years. Mama smoked too so we were saving hundreds of dollars a month.  I had to buy a new pack of cigarettes today.  Just for the box!  i NEED A BOX WHEN i GO ON THE ROAD FOR SOME FOOD OR WHATEVER.  Freaking cap lock! $9.49 for a cigarette box?

$9.49 is very expensive for a cigarette box.
MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2020 at 5:31am
Quote I had to buy a new pack of cigarettes today.  Just for the box!

You've got more money than sense...  Confused
If you really need one so bad, next time go to the candy aisle & grab a box of Junior Mints or something of similar size (and much cheaper... )
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2020 at 7:08am
Given the seriousness and the nature of aka ron's health issues, cigarettes are the last thing he should be buying.

C'mon, man!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2020 at 8:39am
Go to bed, Jimbo!  Wink
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote radioandnascarfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2020 at 5:08pm
I thought my computer died yesterday. Had a problem where the Dell welcome screen would come up, and then a blank screen, followed by a Blue Screen of Death. We eventually did a system restore and it fixed everything. For the short time we had it in service, I had to use my previous computer (A Windows 7). It was much slower I shut it down after 5 minutes. It made me realize why I got the newer computer in the first place.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2020 at 8:22pm
Oh yeah, I remember using the System Restore thing on my Dell a few times. It always felt like cheating.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 155156157158159 197>
  Share Topic